Unexpected Visit

Moving On Can Be Hard But Worth It~

 

It wasn't long after the incident at the market that I heard a knock at the door. Minho had taken the kids to the park so I could have a day to myself. I had honestly put the whole market incident behind me and was now once again worrying about the audition. My mind was moving a mile a minute as I opened the door, not really taking a good enough look at the person standing there. "Hi, Jonghyun. Come on in." I quickly scurried into the living room to clear a space for him on the couch since it was currently covered in toys. 

 

It was as he made it into the room with a bit of an uneasy expression on his face that I realized this was the other Jonghyun I had met at the market. I immediately became calm. When our eyes locked, I could see sadness and guilt showing through like an open book. He nervously made his way to the seat I had cleared for him, looking very much like a scared animal as he ducked around me. I watched him closely, still not fully trusting him. He sat down slowly and carefully, letting out a sigh of relief. I knew how he felt. Carrying extra baby weight was hard on your back. I couldn't stop the small knowing smile from showing through as I sat down across from him in the chair. 

 

"Why did you come here, Jonghyun? He didn't hurt you, did he?" He shook his head quickly, eyes locked on his lap. He slowly looked up with the most innocent yet sad puppy eyes I had ever seen. "I came to apologize.. I knew you two were married and I knew it was wrong but I love him.. I've loved him since the day we met.. At first he didn't want to leave you but.. I-I didn't mean to actually convince him to do it.." His eyes became watery and I felt my heart break a little. Something about this Jonghyun was very easily lovable. He would make a great friend if the conversion hadn't involved how he'd convinced my ex husband to leave me. 

 

I reached over and took his hand, noticing how he flinched a little and took on a slightly scared expression. "You need to calm yourself. You'll stress your baby." My eyes wandered down to my own lap as I let go of his hand. I could feel depression that I hadn't felt in a long time starting to come back. As much as I hated my ex, I had to admit there were still feelings involved. When he left, through all the hate I felt, I still felt pride as well. In my mind I felt I would always be special to him for giving him children and would always hold a special place in his heart for that very reason. But now I had the man he cheated on me with sitting in front of me. Carrying his child. 

 

I could feel that last bit of pride shatter as reality finally hit me. I was no longer special. I held in the tears that threatened to fall, not wanting him to see any form of weakness. He looked up again and bit his lip. "He really misses your sons.. Couldn't he see them at least once? I hate seeing him looking so depressed when he talks about them.." My eyes shot up towards that Jonghyun again, showing every ounce of anger I could let them show. "Listen, he left me and abandoned them. He beat, demeaned and abused me while I was pregnant. He ing left me at the hospital the night Joon was born so he could run off with you to China. He neglected Ha Neul because all he gave a damn about was . I was a fool for ever falling for him in the first place. The only good thing I ever got out of our marriage was my boys. But they got the worst father ever and that's my fault. I was the idiot who fell for the playboy. I was the idiot who gave my children a horrible father. I don't care how sad he is that he doesn't get to see them. He was willing to give them up so he doesn't deserve to see them."

 

That Jonghyun looked shocked by what I was saying to him but I didn't care. He had to know what Minho was really like. "D-Did he really do all that to you?" I nodded and finally gave up trying to hold back my tears. The painful memories were driving me insane. "I gave up my life to be with him and raise our kids but he tossed me aside like I was garbage.." I suddenly felt arms wrap around me and I let out a small gasp. I could feel tears land on my shoulder and I pulled back to look at Jonghyun.

 

It took a while to calm him down again but once I did, we seemed to get along just fine. We dropped the subject of Minho and talked about anything and everything else. He told me he was expecting a daughter and I smiled, offering to help him with baby clothes and toys. Before we knew it, a few hours had passed. Dinner time was approaching quickly and we set a date to meet up again to go shopping. Minho was going to be home soon so Jonghyun made his leave. My day had been a little awkward but overall I think I made a new friend. Regardless of what he had done, I couldn't bring myself to hate him. So after closing the door behind him, I made my way to the kitchen to start dinner. 

 

_________________________________________________________________

I know it's been a while again. Car accidents, conventions, Vixx concerts and getting TO TOUCH THEM I'M STILL FANGIRLING SOMEONE CALL THE DOCTOR JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL WHATEVER YOU WANNA SAY but their hands were tiny JFC. Just thought I'd add that. I'll try to update more often. Oh! And my Taemin's engaged again~ I'm so happy. :3 Anyways, please comment and subscribe. I'd like to get some ideas for fillers. Cause Minho wasn't around for a while and there's a giant blank spot till around Christmas within the plot. ♡