Butterfly Princess~

Moving On Can Be Hard But Worth It~

Minho had left for work that morning and was back within only a couple hours. He sent me a text and said that the set flooded and they would need to repair it. He didn’t know how happy I truly was to see him. I had my appa pick up the boys earlier that morning and was waiting for Minho so I could finally tell him it was time. He yawned when he walked in and he went to the kitchen. I snuck in behind him and smiled. My last minor contraction had ended so I had enough time to play with him a bit.

 

“Welcome home, yeobo~” He jumped when I spoke and he almost choked on the sandwich he had been munching on. I just giggled and patted his back till he stopped coughing. He looked at me with a smile and hugged me gently. “Hi, baby~ How are you feeling?” Perfect timing. “Actually.. I—“ I stopped and leaned on him a bit. The minor warning contractions were over and now I had no time to waste. My first major one had just started and I could see the scared look he gave me. “Yeobo.. I-It’s time..” I saw him start to panic like most fathers would in tv shows and movies. Only this time it was real. He picked me up and ran out to the car. He sat me inside quickly and ran to the driver’s side, starting it quicker than I could blink and we were already on our way to the place I dreaded most.

 

He reached over and grabbed my hand, squeezing it a bit to try and comfort me. I smiled a bit and squeezed his hand back, biting my lip to hold in another pained whimper. I kept telling him I was fine and to calm down but he still seemed extremely nervous. I was honestly scared he would get into a crash for a while. But he eventually seemed to settle down as I rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb. It was cute how he was more panicked than I was and I was the one about to practically feel like I was dying. I started taking deeper breaths to try and ease my pain a bit like the doctor had told me to do before. It seemed to work a bit and I smiled. I was excited more than scared. I had been waiting for this day for a long time. And I’m not a very patient koala child.

 

I mainly wanted to see how my yeobo would react to holding his daughter for the first time. Out of all of us, he seemed to be the most excited. He talked to her almost daily and he would sing and hum against my stomach which would even cause me to fall asleep. I finally reached my breaking point and let out a pained groan, squeezing his hand tighter. He squeezed back and we reached the hospital in half the time it would usually take us. I let out a sigh of relief, just wanting to go in and get sedated so I wouldn’t feel so much pain. Minho came around and lifted me out of the car, running inside with me quickly. He refused to hand me over to the doctors so I just clung to him as more pain came and went. I eventually got put on a bed and I turned to cling to him again. He was the only support I had and I wasn’t going to release him at any point in time.

 

After a couple more hours of intense pain, the doctor finally gave me the sedative that I wanted. It wasn’t an epidural. I wouldn’t be getting one of those for a while longer. But this sedative was enough to make the pain fade slightly. My yeobo told me later on that I was really loopy after I got the precious medication. But once that wore off, the pain flooded back with more intensity. I clung to Minho and let him rub my back as I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my head against his shoulder. I could sense that it wouldn’t be much longer. Instinct was starting to kick in that I didn’t even know I had. The doctor had noticed and came over with the large needle I actually feared. I glanced at it and gasped, hiding in Minho’s shoulder again and squeaked as I felt the needle go in. I would never admit to my fear of needles. Even during this situation I was still terrified.

 

It didn’t even take that long afterwards for the time to actually come. I don’t remember much of the actual birth, but the pain I can tell you overpowered even the epidural. My own screams deafened me and my throat was starting to hurt. I was running on pure instinct, unable to hear a word the doctor was saying to me over my screams of pain anyway and I swore that I squeezed Minho’s hand hard enough to break it. Eventually, the pain stopped and I felt extremely tired. I could hear the distant cries of our daughter and I snapped back into my tired reality. I looked up to see a nurse bringing her over to me. I smiled weakly as my tiny daughter was finally placed on my chest. Her cries quieted as I nuzzled her cheek lovingly with my nose. She was so chubby, obviously a product of my yeobo feeding me so much.

 

That’s when I remembered. I looked to the side to see Minho staring at her with a shocked expression. He looked almost amazed that she was finally here. I looked at her again and then back up at Minho. “Do you want to hold her, yeobo?” He didn’t even glance at me as he just continued to stare at her. I giggled quietly and smiled. “You’re so cute~” He snapped out of his daze and finally looked at me. “H-Huh?” I gestured with my eyes to our tiny daughter and smiled wider. “Do you want to hold her?” He gulped nervously and nodded a bit. “Hold out your arms, yeobo~ And make sure you support her head properly.” He did as I asked and I slowly laid the little bundle in his arms. He carefully pulled her closer and looked down at her.

 

I watched how he handled her closely as the nurses started to clean up the room. He smiled at her slightly, looking her over slowly and carefully. “Hey there, princess..” She shifted at the sound of his voice and finally opened her eyes to look at him. Her eyes were shaped like a mix between mine and his. They were shaped like my eyes only they were bigger like his. I could already see that invisible string from Minho’s heart wrapping around her tiny little finger. They say babies shouldn’t be able to smile till they’re a few months old. But I swear when Minho smiled at her, she smiled right back. I saw as a tear ran down his cheek but I didn’t say anything. He sniffled quietly and nuzzled against her with the most affection a father could give. That’s when I finally let my own tears flow. Seeing them finally getting to bond like this was all I had really waited so impatiently for.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

She’s finally here! ;u; I’m so far behind now though I can’t even… Forgive me.. TT TT