The /Not/ Date

Moving On Can Be Hard But Worth It~

~ Taemin's P.O.V ~

I knocked on his door nervously. My nerves had somehow kicked in on my short walk from my apartment to his. I bit my lip nervously. What was I so nervous about anyway? This was my hyung. It was the same man I had fallen for. The same man I married in Las Vegas. The same man that I had bore two beautiful boys for. Only he didn't seem to remember me at all. Maybe this was a test. I had told him about my relationships before our own. Every single one of the possible 20 relationships were one night stands. I was passed around like a cheap . I admitted that I was addicted to . It didn't bother me as much as it probably should have. But was my escape from reality. It was a whole new reality filled with nothing but sweet pleasure. Meeting my Key umma was probably one of the greatest escapes ever.

It may sound weird, but for a while I dated my Key umma. He was special to me. He was the first man I had ever had with and also the first man I fell in love with. I had never loved anyone as much as I loved him. I had tried proposing at least three times but was always shunned. I didn't get it. He said he loved me but yet he would never say yes to me. I soon found out why. He had fallen for someone else. And was dating him behind my back. For a while after I had found out, things were a little awkward between us. Eventually, he adopted me as his son so we would still be close. I was happy with that at least. But that was when  he brought someone to me who had found me cute for a while but was too shy to say anything. I loved how awkward Minho was at first and how playful he was with me. He took me on our first date to the park at the top of a big hill. We had sat on a bench and viewed the full glory of Seoul's illuminated buildings. It was beautiful.

He proposed to me after only two days but I knew that I loved him more than anything. So it was an immediate yes. We were extremely happy together and it hadn't even been a month yet. By then I was already thinking of starting a family. I wanted to adopt a baby as soon as I possibly could. I begged Minho to agree to adopting after we were married. He seemed enthusiastic about it so I was excited. I couldn't wait to finally have a family. But after the wedding I gave it some thought. I didn't really want to adopt. I wanted my own baby. I asked him if he would prefer that method and he told me yes. So after some trial and error, Ha Neul was born. It was early in the morning when I had woke my hyung up. Within two hours, I was holding my new son. I was very tired, considering the sedative and the early morning hours with barely any sleep the night before. But I kept myself awake to bond with what was supposed to be my only child. He was so tiny considering he was a bit premature.

After we got to take him home, he was my main priority. Being an umma was the best feeling in the world besides the feeling of being cuddled by my husband. After some time, Minho stopped coming home. He barely talked to me at all for a month before he finally returned. Considering the fact that he was never home, when he did return I asked if we could try for another baby. It would give Ha Neul a playmate since his appa was never home to play with him while I was doing housework. It didn't take long for us to succeed this time. After I told my husband the news,  I was bouncing with excitement. I was so happy. But he just smiled and hugged me. My mood immediately dropped at his lack of a reaction. Had he really stopped caring?

So I basically went on without him the whole time. Until he decided to come home drunk a week before Joon was supposed to be born. He had attacked me the minute he came inside. I had been pinned to the floor and nearly until I told him he was hurting me and could kill our baby with his actions. I had crawled away from him and curled up in the corner to let my tears really flow. He had taken his leave and locked himself in our bedroom to think about what he had almost done to me. By the next week, I had forgiven him. It was stupid of me but I couldn't stay mad at him. By then, Chansung had agreed to be my appa, which put me in a better mood anyway. He came over and hung out with me a lot. And he always wanted to babysit Ha Neul since he knew I was overworking myself. And I let him do what he wished. I was thankful that Minho decided to come home the night before Joon was born. He cuddled me and treated me like I was the most delicate and important being in existence. I was happy with him again. Or so I thought.

The next day I told him that it was time to leave. I was more calm this time considering it didn't hurt as bad as it did with Ha Neul. He enjoyed using my insides like a soccer ball. My liver and other organs hurt all the time thanks to him. But Joon was more calm and just wiggled. It was much easier on me and I was glad it didn't hurt as bad. Because it turns out that Minho was actually afraid of driving. So he would drive really slow. I had kept myself calm through the entire process. Calm enough for them not to sedate me as much as the first time so I still knew what was happening. He stayed by my side through the whole thing until Joon was placed in my arms. He said he would see him the next day considering he was too nervous and tired. I felt my heart break in half. This was his baby. The only one that looked almost just like him. He didn't come back the next day. So again I went for weeks without him.

After months of trying to get his attention, he finally told me what I had been fearing and assuming. He loved someone else. We were over. After all we had been through and after I sacrificed my body to bare children for him he still thought it was just okay to leave me whenever he pleased. The pain I felt was almost unbearable. I had loved him with all my heart. He was my everything. And I thought that I was his everything as well.. But apparently someone else was way more important than the loving family he had back home. Our relationship wasn't perfect like he promised it would be, I never got the wedding I was promised, he broke my heart like he promised not to, he left me like he promised not to, he had abandoned our children like he promised not to.

I heaved a heavy sigh as the door opened. My smile automatically returned. He was so different. He radiated with energy and purity. He was so unlike the one I had wasted my time with. He stepped out of the way to let me inside and I bowed politely before walking in. He kept his apartment fairly clean. That was way different too. But really, I couldn't help but wonder. I knew that this was the same person I married, only this wasn't really him. He didn't know me. And I knew that my ex was with his new boyfriend somewhere far from where I was now. I was tempted to ask, but I didn't want to ruin dinner with him. I also decided not to mention anything straight off about my personal life. Telling someone you're a newly divorced single parent would scare them off. Right?

Dinner had started off very quiet. Neither of us spoke. It was the most awkward silence ever. I take it he realized that so he broke the silence. "So.. Taemin. Where did you move from? Anywhere nearby?" At first his voice startled me considering before it had been so quiet you could hear just about anything. I shook my head. "Ani. I moved from somewhere a pretty good distance away. It's on the total opposite side of town." I went back to eating, not really wanting to explain why I had moved since I knew that could be his next question. Apparently he sensed that I didn't want to discuss it so he didn't ask anymore about it. I could tell he wanted to change the subject quickly and I couldn't blame him. That's when he asked the question I was fearing in the back of my mind. "So.. Do you, by chance, have a boyfriend?"

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:  I thought I would give a little back story here. That way people could understand better.  I hope this didn't bore anyone.