Another Surprise~

Moving On Can Be Hard But Worth It~

-TWO MONTHS LATER-
 

I awoke to the sun shining in through the large balcony door’s window and yawned. My eyes still hadn’t opened and I reached to grab Minho and use his chest to hide from the sun. When my hands only met cold sheets, I sat up with a small gasp, looking next to me and then looking around the room. “Yeobo?” I called for him over and over but the house was dead silent. I got up and walked quickly to the room next to ours to check on the children, noticing that they were all gone as well. I almost started to panic when I heard a knock at the door.

 

I ran down the stairs, looking around the living room and kitchen as I moved to the door, still not seeing any signs of my family. I opened up the door slowly and looked outside, not seeing anyone. I blinked and looked both ways to make sure no one was trying to play a prank when something caught my eye. I looked straight onto the other side of the front door, a small piece of paper attached to it. I slipped on my shoes and walked out to grab it, pulling it off carefully and reading it. I smiled when I noticed it was Minho’s handwriting.

 

“Let’s play, honey~ㅍㅍ

 

My head tilted slightly. “Play what though?” I looked all around again and noticed another small note attached to the tree. I smiled, excited at the thought of a little game and ran over to it. I pulled it off and read it quickly.

 

“Get in~”

 

I blinked again and looked up over the note at the sound of a car pulling into the driveway. It was a fancy and expensive looking black car, a nice looking old man in the driver’s seat. He motioned for me to get in and I nodded, still in shock. I locked up the house quickly and ran out to the car. I slipped into the back seat and the man greeted me with a kind smile. He lifted his arm to show that a note was attached to his sleeve and I took it slowly, confusion most likely evident in my features by now. I unfolded the paper and read it.

 

"You're probably confused yet hyper right now, right? So I'll explain it."

 

I started to get more excited and wiggled a bit. Whatever was going on, I was hoping it was good if he managed to get me this excited. By the time the car stopped, I noticed we were at the park in Seoul that I used to take the boys to. I got out and thanked the old man, looking around curiously. It wasn’t hard to spot the large sign on a nearby tree and I ran over to it.

 

"Ready to Play? Just follow what you know, I'm hoping you don't get stuck anytime soon~ First Question is where our babies love to play the most?"

 

It didn’t take me long to know where to go. I ran straight over to the sandbox. In the corner, half buried in the sand was a red bucket. And inside sat the next note. I grabbed the note quickly.

 

"Remember that time Ha Neul threw sand at my face? ㅋㅋ Naughty but amusing and adorable. This was just an idea of what this game will be like, ne? Please be careful during this game, I don't want your hyperness to hurt you~ ㅍㅍ; ㅋㅋ Question 2: What do I like to eat?"

 

Again it didn’t take me long to figure out the answer. There was a place close by that Minho had showed me that served the best ramyun I had ever tasted. We went there quite often since the first week we were together. I stood back up and brushed the sand from my pants, then started my journey to the small place. When it came into view, the woman that owned the small business was standing outside to greet me. I bowed to her and received a note.

 

"Remember when I took you to ajumma's shop that I adore a lot and Ha Neul was only interested in pasta whilst Joon ate everything that interested him? Question 3: What place do we both hate?  p.s. Mian, I didn't even want to go there either but I had to.."

 

I smiled since I remembered ajumma quite well. She meant a lot to Minho and he introduced me and the boys to her not long after I had revealed my small family to him. But then I frowned when I realized what the answer to his question was. I heaved a heavy sigh as I started to walk again. I felt the small woman’s hand wrap around my wrist and stopped to look at her. She smiled and handed me a bottle of banana milk with a note attached.

 

“Cheer up~”

 

I rolled my eyes at the note and thanked the woman again before beginning my journey again. I sipped at the milk with a pout and looked up to see more large signs attached to the light posts.

 

"I can feel your pout from where I am."

 

 "Yah, are you listening to me?"

 

 "Koala."

 

"You're almost there~"

 

 "Doing great ㅍㅍb"

 

 "…You're still pouting aren't you."

 

 "Smile please~"

 

The last pole had a picture of him and I together. We had taken the picture on our first date. We were both smiling sweetly and I couldn’t help but kiss his side of the picture as I passed, a smile returning to my face immediately. Soon enough, the hospital came into view. My nose turned upwards at just the thought of being on the same piece of land as that place. A note was attached to the front gate and I grabbed it quickly, throwing the now empty banana milk container away.

 

"No baby, I'm not going to make you go inside. Be happy. ㅋㅋ Remember when our babies were born here.. Even though I wasn't there for the boys, I'm here now. I'll always be here.  This place holds harsh memories as well but it just goes to show, no matter what happens, we're still strong together until the end, right?  Question 4: What does your Key umma have around his neck?”

 

I thought hard about this one till it hit me. After Joon was born, I had given my umma a locket with a picture of the babies and I in it. Next to the locket on the chain was a small lock off of a gift I had given him when we were dating years before. I smiled instantly when I realized where the next note would most likely be. Right after I read the note, the black car pulled up again. I slipped in and looked at the driver when he asked for a location. “Namsan Tower~” He nodded and lifted his arm up, revealing another note as he started to drive off again. I took it quickly and read it.

 

"How was your banana milk? I hope you're refreshed now~ Be careful when you arrive there, arasso?" 

 

I snuggled down into the seat with a smile, holding the note collection extra close. Eventually the car stopped again and I hopped out, running up the stairs quickly and panted when I reached the top. I looked around and noticed that no one seemed to be around. I know it was October but still.. I looked inside one of the carriage lifts and saw another note sitting on the seat with a rose. I smiled and jumped in, plopping in the seat happily and took in the scent of the rose as I read the next note.

 

"You're riding this by yourself, aren't you? Look under your chair~"

 

I blinked and looked under the seat as the carriage started to move, squealing at the sight of a cute stuffed frog holding a rose and another note. I pulled it out and read over the note carefully.

 

"Jjang! Here I am~ Am I cute? ㅋㅋ Look, we both have roses~" 

 

I giggled and snuggled the frog. “What’s all this about, hm froggy?” When I squeezed the frog, a recording started to play. I smiled at the sound of Minho’s voice.

 

 “Annyeong yeobo! Ah, it’s so hard to record like this when you're just in the other room..” In the background I could hear Ha Neul and Joon both speaking gibberish and giggled again. “Aigoo.. What about you sweetie, anything to say to umma?” I take it he was talking to Sunmi because no reply ever came. I could hear his amused laugh before he spoke again. ”Ah, yeobo, you know I love you right~? And so do these little rascals~” The sound of the boys laughing and a tiny giggle from Sunmi gave away that he had been tickling them. Yes, by now I could tell what their laughs sounded like depending on what made them laugh. The more umma’s know, the better, right~?

 

Minho chuckled again and continued. “You're a wonderful umma and beautiful lover~” The sound of the boys saying ‘umma’ over and over again made me giggle. “Yah, can I please speak?” he asked them playfully. I then heard my own voice call him and the children to dinner, and then Minho’s cheesy kissy noise he loves to make. “I love you~ Ah, and don’t squeeze again until I tell you, arasso?” Then the recording ended. My smile refused to leave as I finally got to hop out of the carriage and run to the elevator that would take me where I really needed to go.

 

A note was attached to the elevator button.

 

“Up up up~!”

 

A picture of Minho pointing up made me laugh. By now I was really curious to know what he had in mind for this game. I went inside the elevator and hopped out when it reached the top. The air had a slight chill to it and I shivered even though I enjoyed it. I noticed a bench nearby, a note and Minho’s jacket laying there. I put the jacket on and breathed in Minho’s scent before setting everything but the stuffed frog down on the bench and grabbing the next note.

 

"It’s mine but you'll wear it even though it drapes over you like a dress, right? Stay warm, even without my arms~"

 

I looked over at the fence at all the locks, smiling at the sight of the note attached next to our own locks. I walked over and brushed my fingers over them affectionately, pulling a marker from Minho’s jacket pocket and wrote Sunmi’s name on the small pink one. I smiled lovingly and then grabbed the note.

 

"Remember when we came up here, thinking of all the things we could say on the locks but could only fit so much onto something so small. But my heart is also small.. Well, compared to how much love is spilling out, it looks very small. ㅋㅋ  Question 5: How much do you love me? p.s. Say it to me, the frog in your arms."

 

I looked down at the frog with a smile. “I love you more than anything. Enough to fill the entire universe with my love for you~” I kissed the plushie gently on top of its head and noticed something that I hadn’t noticed before. A note was attached to the bottom of it. I pulled the note off.
 

“Question 6”

 

I blinked and turned the note over, seeing nothing on the other side. “Where?” I heard someone clear their throat behind me and I jumped, turning quickly to see Minho standing there and sighed in relief. “Hyung, you scared me~” He laughed, amused by my reaction. “Mian~” I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. “It’s alright~ But yeobo.. Where is this question? Did I mess up somewhere?” I pouted cutely.

 

His expression seemed to show shock as he grabbed the paper and flipped it around in his hands. “Where is it?” He sighed. “Well darn, what a shame.. And it was a pretty good question too..” I pouted at him again. “But it’s your game.. Can’t you just tell me what the question is?” He smiled at me. “I can~ Squeeze me.” He gestured to the frog and I squeezed it again. Another recording started to play as soon as I did.

 

"Taeminnie.. I love you more than anything~ You always leave me messages when I’m at work saying such lovely things but I don't think I've ever done it back. Well, I wanna make sure you get what you deserve. Will you marry me?"

 

My brain hadn’t quite processed what I had just heard as Minho got down on one knee and took my left hand in his, playing a bit with the ring he had given me. When I finally looked at him, he had a nervous little smile on his face. Tears came to my eyes as happiness took over every sense in my body. I smiled and let out a small sob. “Yes!” I couldn’t stop myself from tackling him to the ground and kissing him till I lost every ounce of oxygen in my lungs and had to pull away. Never had I expected a game like this that took me all day to complete to end so happily for the both of us. I nuzzled against him, randomly wiping my happy tears away with a bit of help from him.

 

As we sat back up, he hugged me tightly. I nuzzled my face into his shoulder. “I love you so much, hyung.. You’ve made me so happy..” He smiled and pulled me back a bit, wiping what was left of my tears away and kissed my forehead. “I love you too, Tae.. So much..”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I legit cried. I copied and pasted literally everything that was said in the notes straight to here too, but it's only /slightly/ tweeked. And it’s really what happened~ No bs this time~ :) Ugh, this is why my Taemin’s Minho is the perfect frog.