15

Kai, You are destroying me now

 

BGM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__C2TSNJWhc

 

It was pouring outside as In Na’s rain boots made squeaky noises on the wooden floor.

She stepped into the apartment that Kai brought for her before he died. 

He said he wanted to do something for her… he said he wanted to give her a home. 

 

She turned to the side and saw a post it on the chair by the shoe racket. 

‘You got hurt in the back before… I know you can’t bend it too low. Always have a chair to sit when you wear your shoes.’ 

She smiled as she changed into a pair of pink slippers. 

 

She continued into the living room where a big pink post it was stuck to the TV with some dust bunnies over it. She patted it off and pulled the post it off. 

‘Don’t watch so much TV, especially at night when you like to turn off all the lights and act romantic. It hurts the eyes.’ 

She placed it carefully back at the TV and walked into the kitchen. At the refrigerator there were ten post-its of different colors. 

‘Always store the fridge with a lot of food. Don’t starve yourself.’ 

‘Numbers of the pizza store and different take outs, you don’t have to cook if you don’t want to.’

‘Be careful of knifes and other sharp objects in the kitchen. It’s dangerous.’

‘Always eat breakfast. Don’t skip it even if you’re late for school.’ 

‘Drink lots of water. It helps with skin moisture and good health too.’

‘Don’t eat so much ice cream especially in the winter. Getting too many cold things in your body is not good. It’s best to have everything heated and warm.’ 

‘Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Don’t just eat junk food. You must live happily and healthy.’ 

‘Always wash the fruits before you eat. The skins of those fruits may have been though dirt and all sorts of dirty places.’

‘Always check the weather before you leave the house. If it’s raining, you must bring an umbrella. I don’t want you getting wet and sick. I don’t know if I’ll be there to take care of you…’ 

 

In Na traced her fingers around the post-its and smiled. 

When she opened the refrigerator, she was surprised to see it packed with all sorts of food and drinks. It was so full that when she opened the refrigerator, some bottles of drinks rolled out and next to In Na’s feet. She bent down to pick it up but froze when she saw that there were words written on the bottles. 

‘Be healthy and happy.’ 

‘Always smile.’ 

 

She placed the bottles of drinks back into the refrigerator and walked into the bedroom. On the computer’s desktop were a few more post-its. 

‘Internet… is good stuff.’ 

She sat down on the chair in front and turned on the computer. The desktop background was a picture of her and Kai when they first met. Ironically, it was their one and only picture together. It was a picture of Kai sitting next to In Na with a blank expression as In Na laughed because of a funny joke the camera man Suho said. Now that she looked closer… Kai was actually smiling. He was happy. 

She clicked open a folder on the desktop named [Byun In Na] and there were a few word documents about how to change the light bulbs if you’re a girl living by yourself and how to lock your windows so that you can make sure no robbers sneak in. There were also twenty pictures of In Na and Kai separately. When she scrolled to the very bottom, there were two MP3 files. She knew the first song; it was the song that Suho forced Kai to sing to her when they first met. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bewParlnTQ

“I’ll be your guardian angel and block out the strong wind. Even if the whole world turns their backs to you, on hard days I’ll wipe your tears.” 

However, the second song was something In Na never heard of. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w5imtMpD5c&feature=relmfu

“I am a fool that can’t live without you… what am I supposed to do?... I loved you too severely…”