You

Only A Number

 

Kim Himchan; Age 11.
Bang Yongguk; Age 17.
 
"Hyung...what are we doing?" It's a Friday night, a night where kids my age had two choices; sleep like a zombie for the remaining of the day or to go out and have fun. Yet here I am, with this stupid obnoxious hyung of mine, looking at this...I don't even know what the trees we're looking at. It was some kind of drawing hyung entered into his school's drawing competition...Well, at least I know who's going to be last place.
 
Glancing at the teen beside me, he looked as if he were admiring a masterpiece. Honestly, what about the drawing makes it a 'masterpiece'? All I see is a piece of paper carefully framed on to the wall. Since when was a blank piece of paper considered as 'art'? But then again, this is hyung we're talking about here. Maybe in that little brain of his, he thought he drew something on it. But in reality, I SEE NOTHING. "Hyung, I'm serious. What are we doing?"
 
Yonggukkie-hyung held up a finger, placing it on top of my lips. "Shh, Channie...You're suppose to admire it's beauty."
 
Once again, all I see is a stupid piece of paper. I must be hallucinating, right? Maybe there's some kind of dot on there, but I just couldn't see it because it's so small. Wait, what the trees do I think I'm saying? I have all my screws, I'm not suppose to sound dumb. But I didn't want to hurt his feelings...so I played along.  "Hyung, would you mind telling me what's so beautiful about this drawing?" It's not like I care about his stupid little feelings..it's just that whenever he pouts...I get an heart-attack and then my face starts heating up. 
 
"When the clock hits 6, you'll see."
 
"What is this, Another Cinderella story?"
 
Hyung raised an eyebrow, tilting his head to the side. "Hmm...maybe it could be seen as that?"
 
What. The. Hay. I'm this close to swearing. "Uh..hyung, I have to go to the bathroom."
 
He nodded, keeping his eyes on the 'masterpiece.'
 
I couldn't help but sigh, walking towards the bathroom. We've been here for 3 hours straight..staring at that stupid piece of paper. I'm so tired of seeing paper that I even ripped up a little girl's hello kitty notebook when she asked Yongguk hyung to draw her something. Was I blind or something? What did that little girl see that I couldn't see? After waving my hands under the sink for what seemed like hours, the water finally came out. I honestly didn't have to use the toilet...I just needed some time away from paper. Paper...Paper..On my right, there's paper...a whole bunch of them....
 
"Mommy, That hyung is scaring me~!"
 
"Shh, it's okay. Don't look at him he's crazy."
 
Snapping myself back to reality, I turned to the little boy who immediately avoided eye contact with me. What? He was talking about me? I scoffed, "Whatever. At least I know how to use the bathroom without my mother. OOOH YOU JUST GOT BURNED~!" 
 
"...Mom...that hyung needs to go to the mental hospital...Who uses the term 'burn' anymore?"
 
The mom just shook her head, grabbing her son's hand and running out of the bathroom muttering something I rather not say under her breath. "Well...I guess I'm crazy." Taking a look at my watch, it was only a few minutes before the clock struck 6 so I might as well take my time...Since we'll be here for a while...staring at that stupid piece of - ew I'm not even going to mention its name. 
 
As I made my way towards Yongguk-hyung's spot, I wondered what was so special about that piece of paper. Maybe he was trying to say 'Nature is beauty itself'? If he was then...That's pure genius. Placing a smile on my face, I noticed it seemed unusually...crowded. Did something happen? I couldn't see with all these tall giants in the way. 
 
"Can't see?"
 
I shook my head. "Nope~ All these mega-bean sprouts are blocking my way..."
 
"Want help?"
 
"No, I'm fi-"
 
Ignoring my answer, whoever-was-speaking-to-me grabbed a hold of me, and placed me on his shoulders. Was he perhaps a ert by any chance? Shrugging, I averted my attention to hyung's art and wow....
 
"Is that..."
 
"Yup, seems like you little buddy."
 
Realizing what kind of position I was in, I turned to the unknown voice only to find myself swallowing my thanks. "Y..Yong..Yongguk-hyung...How did you..."
 
Hyung pouted, putting me down on my feet and squatted so we were in eye-level. "I already told you it was going to start at 6, Channie. Why didn't you come back?"
 
"Uh..." Because I thought you were a complete idiot. Because I didn't believe in your words. Because I was about to go crazy. "I had to poop." I mentally slapped myself, cursing myself while at it. This was why I hated when I made hyung pout..He's just so darn cute I sprout out nonsense whenever I see this side of him. Ah, I feel so dizzy. Somebody catch me~
 
"You had to poop?"
 
Change the subject, Himchan. Change it before you say something stupid. "Hyung, why'd you draw me? Do you like me?~" AH WHY ME, WHY? WHY WOULD I EVEN ASK THAT? "Wait, No! You don't have to answer that! I meant..well...I'm not sure wha-?"
 
Hyung pinched my cheeks, smiling that stupid smile of his that just made me want to melt..His gummy smile. "Yes, I like you. I drew you because you were just too cute and I thought I'd win for sure if I used you as my model...no one can resist a cute little kid admiring a butterfly."
 
Ah, a cute 'little kid'...for some reason, That sunk my heart..yet I don't know why. "Thanks hyung. I'm glad you think I'm cute...I hope you win...even though you used a bunch of 'only-visible-in-the-dark' markers. No wonder I couldn't see it."
 
"No worries kid, Even if I don't win..." He paused, entwining his fingers with mine. "I already have the best prize right here..."
 
"And what's that?" 
 
"You."
 
What the trees, hyung. "You're too greasy." But I like it.
- - - - - - - -
Haai^^' AFF deleted 2 chappys of mine & I'm so dumb I didnt save it ;___;
ANYWAY, I would appreciate it if you guys could answer a little question:
 
Do you want things to go slowly (Channie's Childhood~) or quickly? (Channie turn BAM ._.)
 
Please tell me because thats mainly the reason why I haven't been posting lately xD (that and I had brainfarts :P)
Thanks for readin'! Feel free to point out any mistakes:3