Until Then

Only A Number

Kim Himchan; Age 11

Bang Yongguk; Age 18

 
-sighs- I'll just speed the story up slowly..(if that makes any sense.) Thanks for the comments! ^^ <3 
& This chapter will be in...nobody's p.o.v (too lazy to find out the right word xD) Yes, sadly...you won't be able to read Channie's cruel thoughts.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Himchan was sitting there, motionless. Time was ticking by but he didn't even seem to notice. All that mattered to him was the fact his stupid yet entertaining hyung, was gone. He's at the age where he's allowed to make his own decisions, and Himchan respects that. He really does. But...what kind of idiot suddenly decides to go overseas for who-knows-how-long?
 
Ah, he would. He shouldn't forget that weird hyung of his didn't put much thoughts into his actions. Why else would the younger have to put him in a time out from time to time?
 
"ChanChan, How many times are you going to doze off? Don't make me slap you with my Kekemato!" The boy beside him pouted, frustrated with his beloved friend. He loved him, he really did but he had to admit he just felt like smacking the boy with a bat sometimes. But since that's his best friend right there...he couldn't.
 
Snapping back into reality, Himchan looked at the boy with an eyebrow raised. "What? I wasn't dozing off haha. You're crazy Daehyunnie. Who's kekemato? Oh is that your bunny? Nice bunny hahahahaha."
 
Daehyunnie would think the boy was just plain crazy if he didn't know the meaning behind that 'smile'. Not to mention he wasn't acting like his annoying self lately. It's weird not hearing him nag. "Is something wrong?"
 
Youngjae (Who Himchan liked to call Banana Boy, Chipmunk Boy, Mama's Boy, etc.) stretched his neck, taking a peek at the dramatic scene before him. He founded this side of Himchan quite entertaining. The boy's sorrow brings him joy. 
 
"Hmm? What makes you think that?" He asked as he reached for the sky, muttering a little 'I wonder if he'll be reaching towards the sun like me?'
 
Yeah. Something's definitely wrong. "He? Who's he? Are you talking about Yongguk-hyung?"
 
"Ah....Yongguk...hyung..."
 
Daehyun regretted mentioning his name because tears were suddenly flowing down the usually cruel-hearted boy's cheek, causing even Youngjae to worry over him. Pulling him in for comfort, he whispered into the other's ear. "Just what exactly happened?"
 
- - - - - - - - - - ^-^ - - - - - - - - - -
 
The Day Before
 
"Hyung, are you serious? You're just going to disappear out of my life?" Himchan stood in the middle of the airport, nagging at the teenage boy before him who just sat there eating a sandwich.
 
"Channie, if you're going to miss me so much, why don't you just come with me?"
 
The younger scoffed, rolling his eyes at the ridiculous suggestion. "Yeah, right. Then I'll end up homeless living on the streets with you. Wow, hyung. Really? Plus I have school."
 
Use to boy's cruel comments, the older could only sigh and stuff the remaining of the sandwich in the other's mouth. "Quit nagging. You're starting to turn into my mother....Kind of makes me want to have second thoughts."
 
Spitting out the sandwhich (which landed on Yongguk's lap earning him a 'EW!'), he asked "Second thoughts on what? Leaving or bringing me with you?"
 
"Neither. Actually, I just regret telling you about this and asking you to come say goodbye with your mother."
 
"How rude. If you never told me, I would've thought you died or have gotten kidnapped. You know how dumb and reckless you are!"
 
Yongguk smiled. Yeah, it hurts...but that's just Himchan's way of saying 'I would've worried over you.' He just wanted to grab a hold on to the boy's cheek and squeeze them, telling the boy how he'll grow up to be a fine young man despite his cold personality. But he had to hold back, there was a reason why he's even doing this.
 
"Instead of just smiling looking like a freak, how about you just cancel your flight? Hmm?"
 
"How about you pay for my ticket, hmm? There's no refunds you know." Or was there? Who knew. It's his first time at an airport.
 
"Hyu-"
 
"Oh my, Is Himchannie bothering you?" Mrs. Kim interrupted her son, remembering to give Himchan a cold glare that just yelled out 'You're grounded if you're bothering him'. 
 
Yongguk shook his head, trying his best to not just randomly burst out laughing. "Nope. Not at all. Thanks for seeing me off, Mrs. Kim."
 
"No problem dear...I'm sure your mother would've done so too...If she wasn't crying her eyes out. How long will you be gone?"
 
Yongguk glanced at Channie, who seemed as curios as his mother, and answered "I don't know. But I'll be back soon...I promise." He smirked at Channie, who just gave him a weird look. "I wouldn't want Channie to miss me too much."
 
"HEY! You know what? Go on! Go to America you stupid ugly jerk!" Sticking out his tongue, Himchan stomped on the elder's foot and walked away.
 
"Where do you think you're going?"
 
"BATHROOM!"
 
Maybe the boy was hallucinating, but he swore Himchan's face turned red. Maybe he needed to poop that badly? 
 
"Sorry about that he's a bit immature..."
 
"That's okay. At least you know it's not an old man stuck in a little kid's body."
 
Mrs. Kim chuckled, wiping the tears that were slowly falling. "You guys grew up so fast I don't even know what to say..."
 
"How about telling us we're getting old? Especially Himchan. I swear, he's...old....and naggy...and grumpy."
 
"Quit talking about me behind my back!"
 
"Speaking of the little guy..." Yongguk averted his gaze to the boy and placed a goofy smile on his face. "Did you let your constipation go?"
 
"What? Who said I had constipation you stupid baboon?"
 
"My brain."
 
"Well you shouldn't believe what that stupid small brain of yours say!"
 
Mrs. Kim sighed at the childish duo. "I'll leave you two alone. Don't chat too long now...It's almost time for you to go, Yongguk." Smiling a motherly smile, Mrs. Kim left to the bathroom. Did the Kim family had to poop/pee that badly or something?
 
"So..." Yongguk patted the empty seat next to him, motioning the boy to sit.
And Himchan gladly took the offer. 
 
"Hyung, are you in love?"
 
The teen froze. "Why the sudden interest Channie?"
 
"Hyung just answer me!" The boy pouted, frustrated with his hyung. 
 
He chuckled, "Yes, I'm in love Channie."
 
"Does that person love you back?"
 
The teen shook his head.
 
"Hyung, Do you think you could wait 7 years for the one you love?"
 
The teen pondered. Could he? "Well, I guess. I think I might as well spend my whole life chasing after that person."
 
"Why?"
 
"Well, Channie. Its because I know they're the one so I wouldn't want to let them go."
 
The boy smiled at his hyung's cheesiness. "Hyung, I'll chase after you!"
 
The teen smiled his gummy smile, "Good luck with that, Channie."
 
Himchan smiled, then shyly looked down at the floor, as the flight for Yongguk's was announced. 
 
"Ah, there goes my flight. Tell my mom I said 'Quit Crying' okay?"
 
Himchan nodded. Yongguk grabbed his suitcases, placing a kiss on top of the boy's forehead. "Be good to your mom! Oh and loosen up a bit...you're too old for your age." Silence. "Well...See you, Channie!" 
 
The teen was only able to walk a few steps, before Himchan grabbed a hold on to his sleeve. Yongguk looked at him in a confused manner, wondering what's wrong. 
 
Building up the confidence, Himchan looked up at Yongguk with a determined look. "Hyung, you better come back soon or else I'll hunt you down!"
 
Yongguk chuckled. "I got it, I got it."
 
"Well.." Himchan slowly released his sleeve, gluing his gaze back on to the floor. "Until then..."
 
"Until then...See ya, kiddo." 
 
Once Yongguk got on the plane, he couldn't help but laugh. "All you had to do was tell me to stay, and I would've stayed."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for readin' this weird story~ <3 :3 I was trying to add the foreward in here...lol it seems out of place. I'm trying to finish this story before school starts again so get ready for constant updates ^^'