Surprise.

Only A Number

 

Kim Himchan; Age 14
 
"Hey Chan, do you want anything for your birthday?"
 
I shook my head, pulling out the weed one by one as the wind swiftly passed by. 
 
"Liar."
 
"No really, I'm fine Daehyun." I smiled sweetly at him. The latter raised an eyebrow at first, but dismissed whatever was on his mind. I'm sure he's been noticing my change of personalities lately so I appreciate the fact he respects my privacy. I didn't feel like talking about it anyway.   
 
A little yawn escaped between my lips, causing me to look up at the bright sky through my teary eyes. "Where's Youngjae, by the way?"
 
"He has lunch detention with Mr. Choi."
 
I nodded. "How typical of him."
 
"He's smart...its just that...." Daehyun trailed off. He's probably trying to come up with a reason.
 
"He's a er for popularity?" I suggested, taking a sip of my strawberry milk. 
 
Daehyun hummed in agreement. "Exactly."
 
It was quiet for a while. Neither of us felt like talking, just enjoying our lunch and the nice weather. Whenever Youngjae wasn't around, Daehyun would be lost in his thoughts -- technically the way he use to be before we met Youngjae. I don't mind though. It's not like we're awkward with each other or anything, we're just the type to not speak quite often. 
 
 
"I'm home~" I slid off my shoes, entering the colorful decorated living room. "Mom? What's the special occasion?" I asked, plopping myself on the comfy couch across from her and watch as she intensely placed icing on the cake. "It's not my birthday yet."
 
"He's back."
 
I raised an eyebrow in interest."Who?"
 
"Bang Yongguk."
 
"What?"
 
"You heard me, honey. Your hyung is coming back."
 
"When?"
 
She paused, placing her hands on her hip. "Oh honey, you know me. I don't bake a cake until the day of the event so it could stay nice and fresh with my love flowing in the air."
 
"Today? Bang Yongguk-hyung?"
 
She nodded, wiping the icing off her hands on the apron. "Yeah. Your hyung is coming back once and for all. Isn't that great? I know how much you missed him, sweetie." She smiled, quietly humming to herself while she rearranged the flower vase.
 
"Bang Yongguk..." Just the name could make my whole world turn upside down, stopping time as memories played through my mind like a movie. A smile came upon my face unknowingly. Was he really coming back today? After 4 years....
 
I could see that idiot hyung of mine again.
 
Snapping out of my daze I smiled at my mother. I might as well help out for time to pass by, right? "Need help?"
 
She nodded. "Please oh mighty prince Himchan."
 
I shook my head, disapproving the nickname. "Mom, really?"
 
"What?" She asked, grabbing a hold on to a purple banner near the entrance to the hall.
 
"You're weird." I answered, grabbing on the other side of the banner and walked towards the right side of the hall.
 
"You're just like your father." She commented sincerely, tippy toeing on the chair beside her as she stapled the banner on the wall.
 
"Mom do you even know what your doing?"
 
"Nope!" She jumped off the chair and handed over the stapler. 
 
Unlike my mom, I didn't have to tippy toe. I stapled the purple banner on the wall and took a step back. "Welcome back, Bang Yongguk?"
 
My mom proudly nodded. "I made it myself. Like it?" She pointed at a little pair of bunnies on the bottom of the banner. "Aren't they cute? I drew that!"
 
"Mhmm."
 
She patted me on the head with a gentle smile. "Thank you. Now go change honey. He'll be here soon."
 
Just then the sound of the door opening and footsteps caught our attention. "Whoops. Did I appear too early?"
 
I recognize that goofy deep voice anywhere. I didn't bother turning around. "Way to ruin your own surprise party." 
 
He laughed. "I didn't know it was suppose to be a surprise party." 
 
My mother gasped, happily running towards him. A sound of a bag/suitcase dropping finally made me turn around. Yongguk-hyung was patting my mother's back who was technically overjoyed of his return.
 
Me, on the other hand, couldn't even breathe at the sight. He still looks the same, just more slim and muscular. (Taller, if I may add. His voice got deeper, too.) When he took a glance at  me, the beating of my heart paused for a moment when he smiled and waved a little hi. Was his smile always this beautiful?  
 
He bowed towards my mother and walked towards me. I was too dumbfounded to even move an inch. He held out his hand. "Hi, Himchannie!"
 
"H-Hi Yongguk-hyung..." I gladly  shook his hand. He smirked, pulling me in to those stupid hugs of his that I kind of missed.
 
Usually I would complain and throw a fit but...My arms instantly wrapped around him and I swear tears were threatening to fall. This whole new feeling that I haven't felt for a while was building up inside of me. I shook the feeling off. I probably just missed him to the point where I'm inventing feelings OR I accidently swallowed one of my mom's love dust.
 
He tightened the hug, pulling me so close to the point where the beat of his heart could be heard. "I missed you."
 
"Psh yeah right. You would've called if you did." I muttered, slapping the back of his head.
 
"You're still the same."
 
"So are you. Forever young now, are we?"
 
He smiled. "Actually I came back to tell you som-"
 
"Yongguk-hyung!"
 
Pushing the older slightly away, I took a peek above his shoulder. There stood a person that was slightly taller than the both of us, holding on to two grocery bags. "Who's that?"
 
- - - - - - - - - - - -  -
The story is....mmf. //facepalms.
Anyway, Thank You For Reading This Weird Thing<3
Please point out any mistakes ;__; Summer is frying my brain up. 
 
So...Yongguk's back...with a new dude.....or girl....
image