Clueless Chan

Only A Number

 

Kim Himchan; Age 14 (and a half...if that changes anything lol.)
Bang Yongguk; Age 21
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Yongguk smiled. He walked towards the girl and pulled her close. "This is Julia. I met her in America."
 
"Hi! I brought some goodies from our cafe...I hope you don't mind me intruding."
 
-
 
After settling down, the two just couldn't keep their hands off each other. They were technically flirting, indirectly kissing, hugging, etc. This girl thinks she could just pop into my life and take my one and only hyung away. 
 
Apparently they're just 'friends' but we all know that's a big fat lie. The way he looks and smiles at her showed how much he loves her. The way she could just naturally share drinks with him shows they're more than just 'friends' and somehow I just found it....irritating.
 
But why? It's not like I'm in love with him or anything. I just feel...lonely....betrayed...forgotten....replaced. I watched as my mother smiled, complimenting how the two perfectly matched together. Each compliment that came out of my mother's mouth was like a stab to the heart. I averted my attention to the new pair of 'friends' and took a good look at her. I admit, she's pretty darn beautiful and her personality is exactly the type hyung likes.
 
So why can't I just approve of this couple like my mother is? Why can't I just smile and compliment on how well-matched they are? 
 
Julia caught me staring and smiled. "Hi! You're Kim Himchan, right?"
 
"...Yeah...How do you know my name?"
 
"This idiot talked about you every single day! I swear he gets annoying." She joked, pointing at hyung. "He kept saying 'I miss my Channie~ I wonder if Channie's okay~ My dear beloved Channie don't forget me~"
 
"Really?" I took a glance at the idiot. He looked away, placing a hand over his mouth as he nodded. I smiled. "Aww, That's so sweet hyung. Too bad I didn't miss you, though." In all honesty, I did. But c'mon, I'm Kim Himchan. Kim Himchan is rude to Bang Yongguk, not lovey-dovey and respectful.
 
Julia giggled, softly punching hyung on the shoulder. "Aww, is Yongukkie crying?"
 
"No, I just have confetti in my eye."
 
"There aren't any confetti here you baboon. Hyung I'm amazed you made it back home safe and sound without getting lost in America for being so stupid." 
 
"Channie! Don't talk to Yongguk like that!" Mom slapped me on the back of my head and I swear 90% of my decent knowledge disappeared. 
 
I opened my mouth to whine and complain how wrong it was for her to smack me, but a soft familiar chuckle was heard and I was almost mesmerized. Since when was I attracted to his laughter?
 
"Ah!" My mom gasped. "I just remembered something!"
 
That's weird...she's never forgetful. "What?"
 
"I forgot to buy some drinks! Himchan can you please go buy some for mommy?"
 
"Why can't you do it?"
 
"I have to finish decorating the house."
 
"The surprise is ruined anyway."
 
"The guests don't know that."
 
"They don't know its a surprise party either."
 
"Just be quiet and listen to your mother Kim Himchan."
 
I sighed. "But mom you know I don't like going by my-"
 
"I'll go with you." Yongguk got out of his seat and smiled, already slipping on his shoes. "Let's go."
 
I nodded, getting up and putting on my own shoes. He opened the door. "Little shorties first." 
 
I scoffed, making sure to kick him in the shin before walking out the door. He groaned in pain but waved goodbye to the two girls anyway and shut the door behind him. "Himchannie, Wait~"
 
"Psh, Yeah right." I muttered, quickening my pace. "Hyung I'm about to be 15 now. I don't think Himchannie is a appropriate nickname for me, don't you think?"
 
"How about princess?"
 
"No."
 
"Prince?"
 
"No."
 
"Pretty boy?"
 
"No."
 
"My love~"
 
I paused, turning around so we were face-to-face. "What?"
 
"Nothing." He smiled, extending his hand towards me. "Shall we?"
 
"Two guys holding hands? No thank you."
 
Before I could turn around and reject the offer, he forcefully grabbed a hold of my hand and pulled me to his chest. He leaned in close enough to the point where our lips barely touched and stood silently.
 
"W-What are you doing?"
 
"Holding you close." He muttered, tightening his grip.
 
"Why?" I asked, a bit uncomfortable with the position but that didn't mean I disliked it.
 
He pulled away, smiling. "Because I know you missed my hugs~ Plus you walk too fast!" He pouted, now wrapping an around around my waist.
 
I felt like murdering him with my own hands.
 
"Aww Channie, you're blushing."
 
"Shut up. I'm not blushing." Although I'm a bit curious as to why he had to go that far for me to just stop, I didn't feel like bringing up the subject so I just slightly pushed the older man away (again) and stood there quietly....Then a question came to mind. "Are you dating Julia?"
 
".....Julia?.......Of course --"
 
"Himchan?"
 
A familiar brown-haired boy interrupted and as soon as we met eye contact, he smiled.
 
"Who's that Channie?" Hyung asked, making sure to smile politely.
 
The brown-haired boy looked at hyung from head to toe, then looked back at me. "Who's this?"
 
Seriously, is this some stupid love story where I'm the clueless heroine? 
 
- - - - - - - - -
 
Oh my~ Is Julia his girlfriend or not? -shrugs- Thank you for reading ~ <3 -throws hearts at you- And I appreciate those who commented~ I love you all!
image
//getslapped.