Oblivious

Only A Number

Was originally a short chapter but since I love you all I added a bit more. Cheers~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pinning my bangs with the baby pink pins I brought from home, I looked around, squinting my eyes towards the door. He surely wouldn't miss school today, even if his life depended on it. He was known for his perfect attendance since preschool and he would like to keep it that way. Even if this school were to allow murderers/prisoners to become students, Jung Daehyun would still show up in his seat with a smile placed upon his lips. (Unless he got killed on his way here than that's a whole different story.)
 
I would call it a sick obsession with education, but Daehyun would like to correct me and say 'It's nothing more than just a path to the right future.' Yeah, whatever suits his taste. I glanced at the empty seat beside me, a blank dull expression plastered on my face. He was a strange kid. I never really knew what was going through my head when I befriended him at the age of 3. 
 
I must have been really desperate that day. I sighed, shooing the horrible image.
 
"Good Morning." The prince I've been waiting for waved, before filling in the empty seat beside me. 
 
I nodded, barely managing a "Mornin'." We sat there in silence, slipping into our own reveries. The thoughts of that night remained in my head, the questions increased and I took a deep breath, looking towards the latter. "Daehyun."
 
He hummed in response, glaring at the crystal clear floor.
 
"What happened last night?"
 
He looked up, eyes widened a bit before turning back to its original shape. "I knew you were going to ask about that." He sighed, scooting his desk close to mine. "I was trying to avoid that but I guess you'll find out sooner or later."
 
- - - - - - - - -
 
Yongguk's P.O.V 
 
- - - - - - - - - 
 
 "No. I'm asking this on Himchan's behalf."
 
"What happens if I am?" I asked, amused.
 
"I'll kill you for breaking his pure heart." The look in Daehyun's eyes sent chills throughout my body, and my smile immediately turned upside down.
 
"He likes Julia?" The playful tone from my voice disappeared, the sound of my heart dropping and breaking into little pieces was enough to convince me I was no longer in the mood for jokes.
 
Daehyun sighed, rubbing the tip of his temples. "How stupid can you be? Can't you see how he feels? It's obvious."
 
How he feels? "What do you mean?"
 
He groaned, kicking the counter as the result of his frustration. "He likes..." He paused, taking a deep breath as he looked me in the eyes. "He loves you, hyung. He's so stupid himself that he doesn't even realize it but..He loves you. As much as it hurts me, I have no choice but to tell you how he feels." He smiled sadly, before disappearing in the crowd.
 
I was in a trance, completely dumbfounded by the whole situation. He was kidding, right? There was no way Himchan would ever...
 
Love me, would he? If so,  when did it start? Why me? He deserves......better.
 
I walked out of the kitchen, ignoring my duty and looked almost everywhere for him. When I saw a glimpse of him, I nearly yelled out his name, until I realized what was happening before my eyes.
 
Jongup was softly placing kisses on Himchan, who smiled and pulled him even closer. 
 
I scoffed, rolling my eyes at the duo.
 
There was no way Himchan would ever love me. Impossible.
 
For some reason though, instead of smiling for Himchan's happiness, I frowned.
 
Was I perhaps..disappointed that Himchan didn't really love me, after all?
 
-
I moaned, punching the pitiful heart-shaped pillow in agony. This was all too frustrating and complicated to handle. I was a mess.
 
And this was all because of Kim Himchan.
 
- - - - - - - - - 
 
Himchan's P.O.V
 
- - - - - - - - - 
 
"You did what?" I growled in disbelief, clutching on to the shredded wooden desk that thankfully stood between Daehyun and I. "Why would you do that?"
 
Daehyun smiled apologetically, furrowing his brows together. "I'm so sorry Himchan. If you're mad at me I wouldn't bl-"
 
"I despise you. Go away."
 
I turned, avoiding the hurt in his eyes. Daehyun was my best friend until this point and it was nice knowing him. The fire was building up inside of me, causing tears to slightly fall. I violently wiped them away, looking elsewhere. How could he do this to me? I wasn't in love with Yongguk at all and now I'm sure our friendship went down the drain. Not only did Daehyun messed up our one and only bond but he messed up mine with Yongguk, too. 
 
Fantastic. Spectacular. Terrific.
 
That still didn't explain what exactly happened to me last night, either. I sighed, pulling at my hair silently. I could always make a run for it. School hasn't started yet and I could just lie, saying I got sick suddenly. Yeah, sounds good to me. I got up, grabbing a hold of my textbooks and bag, then left. I told the nurse I wasn't feeling well and thanks to the stress (that brought along heat) I was free.
 
-
 
I didn't exactly go home. I went to the park near my house, the park that carried every memory I had along with it. It always had been my spot, the place I've been running to whenever things got too difficult since the age of 4. The sound of laughter brought a smile to my face, and the cool wind that passed by soothed me a bit. 
 
That's what I liked about this park. It always had me in a peaceful mind of state. The playground was on the other side of the park, where the little kids would be. The lunch tables would be right beside it, filled with couples feeding and cooing each other. Then there's this side of the park, where you could just lay on the grass without worrying about a dog trampling all over you and shut your eyes tight, breathing in the nice cool air. 
 
I didn't realize someone laid beside me, until I felt their warm hands entwining with my cold ones. I opened my eyes slightly, finding that brown-haired boy full of smiles. "What are you doing here?"
 
"I could ask you the same. Don't you have school?"
 
I paused, before chuckling. "Decided to come back home. I wasn't in the mood for it. And you?"
 
"Hmm...Decided to move here, so I have yet to find a school to go to."
 
"What?" I sat up, completely ruining our lovey-dovey pose. "Why?"
 
He sat up, laughing a bit as he caressed my face. "I want to be near my boyfriend at all times. I wouldn't want him snatched now, would I?" 
 
"Boyfriend? Who's your boyfriend?"
 
He raised an eyebrow, slightly amused (I'm guessing.) "You are, Kim. Him. Chan." He kissed my forehead softly, and I was tempted for more. I blushed, pushing him away a bit.  I had that weird fuzzy feeling appear in my tummy again and I wasn't proud of it. I was tempted to kiss another guy for goodness sakes.
 
"Since when were we...dating?"
 
"Last night. Don't you remember?"
 
"N-"
 
-
 
"Do you reaaaally like me?"
 
Jongup hummed in response, patting my head as if I were some kind of vulnerable puppy. 
 
"Then go out with me." I demanded, staring into those beautiful eyes of his eyes that always somehow calmed me.
 
"What?"
 
"You heard meee~!"
 
He chuckled, nodding his head in response. "Of course I will. Do you know how much I've been waiting for you to say that?"
 
-
 
Oh crud. I'm in deep crap right now. "Wait, no! That was a misunder-"
 
Jongup's smile slowly turned into a hurt, painful one. "It was?"
 
I didn't have the heart to say 'Yes.' 
 
"I...no. I'm glad you said yes."
 
He returned to his normal self, tackling me in the process. "I'm glad you feel the same~"
 
"Mhmm."
 
"Do you know you're the first boyfriend I've ever had~?"
 
I scoffed, slapping the boy playfully on the shoulder. "Same here stupid."
 
"Really? Then I should be your first and last!" He smiled (again) and my heart just sinked. 
 
What did I get myself into?
 
- - - - - - - - - 
 
No One's P.O.V
 
- - - - - - - - - 
 
The figure tsked, holding back the tears and clutching on to its chest. Their heart hurts. It hurts to the point where it wanted to run, and never turn back. 
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ah~ So this chapter never really explained what exactly happened that night (only what happened with Yongguk & Daehyun) Guess you'll have to keep guessing what happened^^ (erted thoughts are allowed, you erts.)
Wow, 15 chapters huh? Thank you so much to those who stuck with this story through 15 chapters. I love you all! ;__; <3
Btw I'm planning on changing the Description and Foreword (I find it badly written) so don't freak out and think It's a whole different story :3
Laterz~ (I might update tomorrow. Depends.)
Never expected to add a little Himup in here though .__.'