Sappy Birthday (1)

Only A Number

- - - - - - - - - 

"Himchan I-"
 
"I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."
 
As I ran, I blocked out the sound of tears falling.
 
He was hurt. 
 
A warm, soft hand grabbed a hold on to my wrist and sprung me around. I was greeted by the sound of the person's heart beating.
 
"I hate you so much."
 
-
 
"Himchan?"
 
Who are you? 
 
"Wake up!"
 
No, I wish to never be awaken. I don't deserve it.
 
"Babe!"
 
The feeling of a cool substance lingering on my lips made me peek, revealing a brown-haired boy with an eye-smile plastered upon his face. I smiled back before slapping the crap out of him. "How exactly did you get in here?" My voice sounded groggy and disgusting but the point is this evil little brown object is in my room. "I don't remember giving you a copy of the keys to my house."
 
"Do you want breakfast?"
 
Did he just ignore me? Wow.
 
"Sure." I muttered, having no energy to argue with the eager boy what-so-ever.
 
He nodded. "Have you ever tried pancakes before?"
 
"No."
 
"Then you're missing out! Wait." He paused, his smile getting wider. "Does this mean my pancakes will be the first pancakes you'll taste?"
 
I nodded, slowly processing the information.
 
"Wow. First boyfriend, First pancakes and First love. What else should I take from you?" He paused for a brief second, then the color red rose in his cheeks as he slightly covered his mouth. "I'll be done in an hour..." With a weak smile, he ran off to the kitchen.
 
I don't even want to know what he's thinking about. 
 
I yawned, pulling the covers over me and enjoyed the comfort the bed gave me. I noticed a little tip sticking out in the corner of my pillow so I took it, ripping off the yellow envelope. Inside it was a baby pink card decorated with stickers that read 'Happy Birthday to my Princess.'
 
I rolled my eyes, shifting positions to comfortably read the card. I opened the card and a smile instantly lit up my face.
 
'I'll be with you 'til the end. You're so lovely I love you so truly. (<--tried to rhyme there :D) You're my darling and I'm your knight in shining armor.  I only have eyes for you, okay? So you do the same, hyung.
                                                               Love, Jongup :D'
 
Maybe this birthday will be sappy after all.
 
-
 
After my usual morning routine, I took a step in the kitchen and was instantly greeted by a delicious fragrance. I looked for my object of affection and scoffed when I found him still fixing things up. He was standing by the stove, flour all over his face as he read the instructions in the book carefully.
 
"What chu doin'?" I wrapped an arm around his waist as I peered over his shoulder, only to get slapped in the face by alien-ish words.
 
"I'm already done with the pancakes. I just have to make the cranberry sauce now."
 
"You don't have to. I could always just eat it pl-"
 
"No! It's your first time eating it. I want to make it memorable."
 
You're too good for me. You deserve better.
 
"Thank you, Jongup."
 
He shrugged, that same ol' goofy smile found its way on his lips again. "You're welcome."
 
Please leave me.
 
"Do you need help?"
 
"Mmmm...yeah. I need you to buy some syrup, just in case my sauce ends up tasting like fungus."
 
"How do you kn-"
 
"Hyung please, I'm only just making a joke." He chuckled softly, handing over a 5 dollar bill. "I don't have change. Sorry."
 
"You don't have to. I'll pa-"
 
"It's your birthday and I'm making you do something other than relaxing. I already feel bad enough. Please go before I change my mind, hyung."
 
I nodded, placing a quick kiss on his cheek. "Thank you."
 
I laughed when his cheek turned light pink as he looked at me in awe.
 
I made the first move this time.
 
I should do at least this much.
 
-
 
At the convenience store, finding syrup was quite difficult for me.
 
First of all, what is with all these foreign words? Secondly, what does syrup even look like? I groaned, stomping my feet down the aisle. Stupid me. I should have asked Jongup to describe it. At the corner of my eyes, a hooded figure tippy-toed, struggling to grab a cereal box. I sighed, walking up to the mysterious person and grabbed the box for them. "Here you go."
 
"Tha- Himchan?"
 
What's with me running into people I don't want to see?
 

- - - - - - - - - 

Yo. I'm FINALLY done with my exams and I'm so happy TT ^ TT
I'll be updating with LOOOOOOOOOOOONG chapters from now on because I'm already about to reach the 20s when I wasn't even expecting to post past 10 xD 
Clear explanation on the last chapter; 
One of the guys in the last chapter was the mysterious person from chapter 15.
Its up to you to see if the guy from ch.15 & 17 are the same or  two completely different characters. I'm not giving you hints at all so have fun guessing lol.