Chaos

Black Black Heart

05



“To be honest, I didn’t know Jessica would do that.” Yuri said as she took a shot glass off the tray.

“Attempt to get us together on a date, that is.”

It was the 19th.

She handed another to me with a challenging smirk, almost. I looked at her, my eyes were narrowed, before I took it and gulped it down in one breath.

“But most importantly, I don’t get you.” She said abruptly as she took a shot herself. The 20th.

“What do you not get?”

“You’re a true mystery, aren’t you, Tiffany. No one knows what you are thinking,” She said, shaking her head lightly as she handed me mine.

Even without looking at her, I drank the shot, “But you’re not who you portray yourself to be either.”

“What do you mean?”

Taking another shot even before she had drank hers, I continued, “You’re colder than you appear to be. Your eyes don’t smile when you smile. If I’m cold or calculating, you’re ten times worst.”

Her eyes narrowed at me as she grabbed my wrist tougher than I expected, “So, why expose me now? Wouldn’t it be better if you just played along with my ‘lackadaisical’ charade?”

Yet, she was still exceptionally cool, despite circumstances.

I pulled her grip away from my wrist gently, “No, because I don’t know what is it you want.”

She looked at me, her eyes were narrowed, as if, sensing the air was different. It was just then that she realised that the crowd was dispersed with eyes that were eyeing us suspiciously. They were clad in suits, all of them.

I closed my eyes lightly before opening them, “And I can’t let you hurt my family, even if it means that I’ll have to hurt you.”

I took off the ring that ‘She’ had handed to me, and a young lady stepped in. The young lady bowed out of respect to me. I could never get used to that, and she smiled politely.

“Your wish is our command, Miss Tiffany.”

And then, all hell broke loose.

-

To begin with, I had chosen a quieter spot, a quieter pub that was off an isolated street to ‘finish her off’. I wasn’t sure what that entailed, but really, even that sounds too naïve. Of course, I knew what that entailed, but that didn’t mean that I would squarely confront that issue. I wasn’t that brave, despite appearances.

Truth be told, I’m an incredibly fearful person. And my one fear governs my entire move. I fear that anyone would harm my sister – my sole family, (yes, she was that important to me). Therefore, my actions are governed by this unexplainable fear. And I had chosen to ‘finish her off’.

The moment that I sensed that Yuri wasn’t targeting me, I had changed my strategy. Instead of obliging her charade of a ‘lackadasical’ fool, I decided to use this opportunity to eliminate this fear. I had to, before she made her move.

I knew that She was danger, if danger was a person.

Her eyes betrayed her. They were so, cold. It wasn’t normal. And I couldn’t take any chances when it came to my sister

Therefore, I have decided to use the ring. The ring that I never thought that I would actually be using it one day. (My steps were heavy, My heart, heavier)

I looked at the ring, it was a black ring engulfed in silver. Her initials were engraved onto it, ‘K.T’. Unmistakable, it was her ring – a ring of power.

I turned to Sunny; Her personal assistant. “I need you to bring this new girl far away from this place, away from my sister and I.”

Sunny bowed, I could never get used to that. She lifted her eyes, “Your wish is our command, Miss Tiffany.”

And then, all hell broke loose.









Author's note: I'm updating this fast, because I actually do like this story, writing it seems....meditatively smooth. However, I did realise that it sounds vague, and no one seems to get what I'm trying to bring across. Yuri, is a deeper character than what's been portrayed. As I've said earlier in the starting post for the three of these characters. 

One's a killer, one's an analytical boss, and the other, smarter, if not smartest.

So, take what they say with a pinch of salt. Yuri is not in love with Jessica. Hope this clears up things.