Black Black Heart

Black Black Heart

I was all bundled up from the cold. She was staring at me, watching as I pulled the hair away from my face. Very quietly, she took a step closer and pushed back the loose strands of my hair. I caught her hand before she placed it back to her sides. She glanced at me with a slight arch of her brow.

 

“Would you rather I disappear?”

 

I was silent and she continued, “I realised that loving someone does not necessarily mean that I’ll have to have you. I realised that loving you really means that I’ll let you choose. And if She……Yuri makes you happy, then, yes, I’ll stand by the sidelines, clichéd as it sounds and cheer you on. But I just needed to let you know that, for me, it’ll always be you.”

 

I was incredulous. I was staring at her with my hands on my waist. I was practically glaring at her.

 

“Are you kidding me, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

She looked surprised. In fact, I was also surprised at my outburst.

 

Since when did I became so emotional –

 

“Tiffany?”

 

I sighed, and took a long breath, “Yuri is my sister…. I thought you knew that.”

 

This time, it was Taeyeon’s turn to look deeply surprised, “What? Sunny didn’t mention about it…. Ah I see.” Her face registered the fact that Sunny had deliberately kept this information from her. Maybe this was payback from Sunny for fooling around like a kid for the past 2 years.

 

I was looking at Taeyeon for the longest while and Taeyeon glanced up. For a moment, it felt like we would remain in this state of silence, an awkward silence, it was almost as though we were dating for the first time.

 

And then I couldn’t help but chuckle, tilting my head back, I could feel my eyes crinkling into crescents. “It’’s almost as though we’re meeting each other for the first time…”

 

A very slight smile appeared on the edge of Taeyeon’s lips. She sighed, “Isn’t that good? It’s almost like a new beginning.”

 

I nodded and extended my hand in front of Taeyeon, “Hi, I’m Tiffany and I know you’re the block of ice that everyone hates, but nonetheless, nice to meet you.”

 

Taeyeon arched her brow delicately as the light caught her milky white skin, “I’m the block of ice that everyone hates? Ah, right, so would you rather I be all sunshiney and smiles like what I’ve been for the past 2 years?”

 

Hearing that made me choked on my own saliva and I quickly raised my hands up to protest, “No no no.” I paused, “I’ll save that as a trump card when you pull something really awful such as putting a bullet through my sister.”

 

Taeyeon bit her lower lip for a moment abruptly, “Tiffany….”

 

I decided to lean on Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Hmm?”

 

“I know… that I can never ask you to forget what I did, but can you forgive me for that?”

 

I glanced at Taeyeon who had a slightly anxious look on her face – a sight that I have never seen. I sighed and took her hand, “Yes, Taeyeon. I forgive you, so please, don’t ever walk out on me….again. Even, if I asked you to.”

 

Taeyeon’s brow arched, “So you’re asking me to cling unto you shamelessly even if you wanted me to disappear from your sight?”

 

I thought for awhile with my head tilted, and then answered, “Yeah,” I was smiling widely as I said that.

 

She smiled coolly and nodded her head slightly, “Alright, as I said. Your wish…. “ she paused slightly and continued, “Is my command.”

 

The cold air blew against my cheeks, yet something in me thawed, and I could feel a sense of warmth that I’ve never felt before…

 

Taeyeon-ah, looks like you’re not the only ice queen who has thawed…

 

- THE END - 

 

 
 
 
 

Something ugly this way comes
Through my fingers sliding inside
All these blessings all these burns
I'm godless underneath your cover
Search for pleasure search for pain
In this world now I am undying
I unfurl my flag my nation helpless

Black black heart why would you offer more
Why would you make it easier on me to satisfy
I'm on fire I'm rotting to the core
I'm eating all your kings and queens
All your and your diamonds

As I begin to lose my grip
On these realities your sending
Taste your mind and taste your
I'm underneath your cover
Covers lie and we will bend and borrow
With the coming sign
The tide will take the sea will rise and time will

Black black heart why would you offer more
Why would you make it easier on me to satisfy
I'm on fire I'm rotting to the core
I'm eating all your kings and queens
All your and your diamonds

Black black heart why would you offer more
Why would you make it easier on me to satisfy
I'm on fire I'm rotting to the core
I'm eating all your kings and queens

 

 

- David Usher, Black Black Heart