Anger

Black Black Heart
 

 

 

Maybe you didn’t remember that I was with them all that while, Mum and Dad. Maybe the shock that they had abandoned you was too deep, too ingrained in your mind. I was crying in the car, trying to get out. But no, they said they have made up their minds. It was do or die.

 

I swore to find you again, Tiff. I swore on that rainy Tuesday morning. On the day, they ran away. Leaving you behind.

 

And when I did, when I did find you. I was worried – worried because She has you.

 

And even a blind could sense the danger she carried around, like a double-edged sword.

 

Being with her – is suicidal.

 

Almost like a self-inflicted pain.

 

Yet, you loved her, Or you love her. I should say. Yuri smiled and corrected herself, I think these 2 years have proven it more than anything else can say. And she…

 

Is absolutely crazy over you.

 

I shook my head and asked, “But, why does that even matter? She’s disappeared. I’ve driven her away.” My voice was strained and tight.

 

I was tightly wounded like a spring about to burst.

 

Yuri laughed and patted me on my back, Really? Tiffany? And I thought you were the smartest among us three.

 

I glanced at Yuri unappreciatively, “If you know the answer, tell me. Since you’re my ‘sister’ anyway.”

 

“No, that spoils the fun. Go figure!” Yuri turned around and waved coolly. “I’m going on a long deserved break….with Jessica” She paused and glanced at Yoona, her smile faded slightly, “After everything…a break sounds really good.”

 

“Aren’t you worried I’ll run away and disappear!”

 

Yuri shook her head, “No you wouldn’t! Besides, it doesn’t matter. I’ll find you. Anyways.”

 

 

 

 

-

 

“I’ll find you anyways, “ I mimicked Yuri’s voice and scoffed as I stood in the studio, rubbing my bare arms. I still had my photo shoot assignment to complete, but I couldn’t focus because someone was at the sidelines cheering me on excitedly. Short of waving poms poms, she appeared to be the perfect cheerleader.

 

She was also in her yellow ducky trench coat, no less.

 

Right now, she was yelling at the photographers and the stylists for styling me too provocatively. The next she was all smiles at me, and urging me to go on.

 

I sighed. Taeyeon. That kid over there was a problem that I wasn’t too eager to face.

 

Abruptly, someone offered me a bottle from the side. I glanced up and realised that it was Sunny. She motioned for me to step out for a bit.

 

One glance at Taeyeon told me she was ‘lecturing’ the other stylists about the styles they could deploy on me. I reckoned it would take quite a long while. I shrugged and followed Sunny outside quickly. We stood outside, all bundled up from the cold. It was December and we were freezing. Our breath came out in warm wispy mist.

 

She blew hot air into her hands and I did the same.

 

“She was never in love with me, Tiffany.” Sunny said after a long while and I looked at her.

 

She shrugged, “Maybe that’s why I never did let my guard down even when she was in that odd state.”

 

“She’s still in that odd state,” I said and rubbed my temples, “And I can’t figure out why.”

 

Sunny chuckled, “You really don’t know why?”

 

I shook my head and Sunny glanced up into the darkening sky and said, “She’s hiding behind this façade as she’s afraid of your anger towards her….Tiffany. Remember you told her to disappear 2 years back? She wouldn’t appear again unless you tell her to return, Tiffany. Unless you welcome her back into your life again.”

 

Sunny gave an amused smile, :”The great Taeyeon, the one who isn’t afraid of anything, or anyone is truly, a coward when it comes…. To facing you, Tiffany.”

 

I was still staring at Sunny who glanced sideways to give me a slight smile. I’ve never seen her smile, truth be told. And I thought she looked as though a heavy weight has been lifted off her shoulders, she looked refreshing.

 

I was about to utter something when she said, “I’m going on a vacation. I think we all need one, don’t we? After everything, after Sooyoung.”

 

“No other threats?”

 

Sunny looked at me steadily, “I think that you already know the answer. There will always be other threats, Tiffany. So long as you are Her girlfriend, there will always be other threats.” She paused for a while and gave me a pat, “But I think we all know – that, even if the world ended…she would still protect you unceasingly.”

 

I nodded slightly.

 

“So, are you still angry with her for doing what she did? 2 years ago?”

 

I pursed my lips and very slowly, I shook my head, “No, Sunny… I’m not.”

 

Sunny glanced away to look behind me, “Heard that, Boss? My job is done. Thanks for the vacation!”

 

With that, she leaned forward to give me a hug and disappeared, leaving me to face with a silent Taeyeon.

 

I could feel the air dipping even colder than before –

  • 3