Cliche

Black Black Heart

26

 

It would seem too clichéd to say time stood still, but in this case, time seemed to move at an unbelievably slow pace for me.

 

She’s back?

 

She’s….back?

 

I was staring at her, but my eyes soon lost focused and I soon got nauseous. She was still all focused on Sooyong who appeared as dumbfounded as me. I closed my eyes instead, wanting to avoid the entire scene before me.

 

Feeling as though I, Tiffany, would like to run away. Run far, far away till my emotions ran dry and then cold.

 

I could feel something untying within me, a thin thread slowly knotting itself.

 

Sooyung gasped, “It can’t be…”

 

Taeyeon’s smile was gone. She stood up easily, but of course, the rope holding her had been loosened ages ago in all that distraction. She was beside me in an instant. She held my hand, I had my back faced towards her.

 

Almost without a warning, my legs gave way and I was in a crouching position, knees bent over my chest.

 

“Tiffany?” Her voice sounded slightly hoarse. My name sounded foreign in her voice. That’s right, I haven’t heard her call my name like that in 2 years.

 

2 years huh.

 

I shook my head, and my voice came out wispy, “Ignore me, I’m fine.”

 

Taeyeon’s cool face appeared troubled for an instant and she looked as though she wanted to say more, but, instead, she switched back to her usual calm self and faced Sooyoung squarely.

 

“When? When did you plan all this…”

 

“From the day you posted all that bulletin about Tiffany being a murderer,” Taeyeon said thinly and Sooyoung’s face wore a mask of shock, “You knew that?”

 

“I wouldn’t deny that you were one of the suspects, since I know Ron had a daughter and I had, after all, personally ended his life, but it wasn’t until I ‘disappeared’ that you appeared, Sooyoung. You put on quite a good show….”

 

Sooyoung’s composure seemed to be regaining and she finally said, “Not as good a show as you did, Taeyeon. You know, I’ve always thought Tiffany was the smartest among the three, her brain is something I’ve always loved to pick about and play with.”

 

“But you’re… adaptable. You change faster than a chameleon, and you’ve had us all fooled, Taeyeon. Shall I say you win?”

 

Taeyeon sighed as she noticed that Sooyoung was not alone. Yoona stood beside her and Yoona smiled, “Or shall we say you lose, Taeyeon. I have an entire army out there just waiting to mince you.”

 

Lose….?

 

Time flickered and moved agonisingly slow.

 

Taeyeon eyes that were down slowly glanced up, an offbeat smile played on the edge of her lips, “Lose…?” She said tasting the word, almost as though it were a foreign taste to her. Even without warning, her eyes turned to sheer coolness, almost bloodthirsty and her words were cold, but final.

 

“Never.”