Past

Black Black Heart

17

Tiffany POV

The sky was blue, an ocean blue. it hung over me like a beautiful landscape. I could capture it in heartbeat, hoping that it could possibly remain like it did; as picturesque as I have imagined it to be. A moment in time; caught forever with my very own eyes.

I sighed, looking out of the window.

“Why are you sighing, Tiff?” Jessica asked abruptly, as she stopped at the traffic lights, she turned to smile at me as she continued, “I hope she likes the cake I’m going to make.”

I shook my head, with a chuckle, “Why do you even bother to make? I believe in buying. Or at least, I trust the patisserie’s hands more than mine.”

“Are you trying to say that I’m bad at baking?” Jessica poked my arms.

I nodded, and smiled, “What took you so long to figure it out?”

“You’re evil!” Jessica lamented, “Give me the old Tiffany back. You’re so cheery, and quick at shooting insults. Where's the quiet placid sister I had 2 years back?”

I looked at Jessica, she looked exactly the way she was, 2 years ago. Except she had a new wound near her chest. A gunshot wound.

I glanced up to see Jessica glancing at me worriedly. She noticed that I had blanked out for a moment and she looked apprehensive, almost as though she regretted imitating the topic.

The topic. The ‘2 years ago’ topic. Even without warning, my mind had gone back to the past. My hands were clenched, a slight curl of my fingers, and that face would appear.

I wonder how is she now…

The girl who loved me dearly.

The one that I had chased away with my very bare hands.

“Tiffany….” Jessica looked as though she was about to say some comforting words when someone honked from the back and she jumped. She shook her head at the drivers behind, “Moving!” she hollered, before shaking her fists, “Could they get any more impatient these days?”

I merely smiled lightly as she drove by the city district. It was crowded and beautiful, as always.

There were lights on the buildings, a shimmering glitter of afternoon sunlight.

How cute, someone was wearing a yellow raincoat and a ducky backpack. How cute and cheery.

How…very different from my tragedy.

-

“Stupid girlfriend. She says she’s going to be very late. I should really place a hidden camera in their office, don’t you think?” Jessica grumbled before her eyes brightened at the thought. She narrowed her eyes thoughtfully before continuing, “I can never be too careful these days. We’re talking about 11 hours spent with such a pretty gorgeous girl. And you know how the pretty gorgeous Yoona has a thing for that girlfriend of mine. What if ‘the girlfriend’ decides to go for Yoona and dump me? Omo. Tiffany, what should I do?”

I was more amazed at Jessica’s imagination and her capacity to change her thoughts that rapidly. I took out my magazine and chuckled lightly, “You’re over imagining things.”

“I’m not. Over imagining things is imagining that they’re already in…….” Jessica blushed before continuing, “Then again. ‘The girlfriend’s’ pretty conservative too. Okay, fine, I’ll just hire a private detective. It’s less intrusive.”

I flipped the page and shook my head, “How is that less intrusive?”

Jessica sighed, “You’re right. I’m the best candidate. I should be the one stalking them in their office. The big cupboard that’s in the corner of their room seems like a good hiding place.”

I closed my magazine in alarm. My attention was fully on Jessica now. “Jessica…”

She sighed, “I just don’t want things to spiral out of control before it’s too late.”

I placed the magazine aside and sat up straight on the couch. Jessica was biting her lower lip and I smiled, “If there’s anything Yuri is…… Is that, she is Not A Cheater. She may be a liar, a killer, an annoying person, my sister’s lover, a really good manipulative cheater who played with everyone’s mind….but I assure you. Yuri is definitely not a cheater.”

I said and Jessica could only gape at me as she looked sadly at me. Her eyes had a puppy look to them. “Is Yuri that….bad?” Her lips pouted.

I realised I had gotten carried away and I smiled a little, “No. She’s worst, but like that has ever stopped you from pursuing her and winning her over. She loves you.”

“I know.” Jessica said finally, “Fine, I shall use the extra time to bake a bigger cake for her then!”

She disappeared into the kitchen and I nodded my head in amusement. Jessica was already planning on making a 3 tier cake. By bigger, did she mean 4, 5, 6 tiers?

I was just about to imagine stuffing Yuri with cake – and the mild guilty pleasure I get from her getting sick from eating the 6 tier cake when the door bell rang.

“Sis, could you get the bellll?” Jessica’s voice carried over from the kitchen and I was already at the door, pulling it open to see who was outside.

When the next thing I saw nearly took my breath away….