Show Time

Black Black Heart

24

 

I was still mulling over the things that Taeyeon had said when my cellphone beeped. It was a message from Yuri indicating that she wanted to see me urgently.

 

A look at my phone showed that she had tried calling me at least twenty times.

 

I dialled her number and cradled my phone between my ears and my shoulder as I searched for my keys in the carpark.

 

Yuri answered on the first ring, “Tiffany. Where are you.”

 

“Yuri, I just got off work and I’m heading to my car –“

 

“Good. Hurry get into your car. No matter what, avoid Sooyong.”

 

“What?” I frowned just as someone placed a blade around my throat. He moved so fast, I couldn’t even really react.

 

“Tiffany?” Yuri was on the other side. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, refusing to allow panic to overtake my mental thoughts.

 

“I’m okay, Yuri. But, ah, remember what happened to Jessica 2 years ago? I’m feeling that way right now. If you do remember what happened, it really saves my life. Then I love you.”

 

“What?”

 

“I can’t talk. Pressing issues, and if I don’t go. I’ll be killed.” I said and hung up, hoping to God that Yuri got my hidden message. Hopefully, my mind was logical enough to decipher that there were words I would never use to her.

 

Words like “I love you” should ring an alarm in her head.

 

If she remembered Jessica from 2 years ago, she would understand that I am in a critical situation, if she really did remember, she would be able to “save my life”. And then I would say “I love you”, because I would be really grateful to her.

And I couldn’t talk, because someone was “pressing” on my throat and if I didn’t hang up soon, I reckoned my attacker would have me killed.

 

Simple enough, no?

 

Yuri POV

 

I stared at my cell, unable to let go of the phrases that Tiffany had highlighted in the convo. She was clearly in danger.

 

Of course I remembered, Jessica from 2 years ago – how dangerous the entire situation had been.

Tiffany was hinting for me to save her life.

She had added “I love you” which of course surprised me. Causing me to pay more attention to her words.

 

Someone was ‘pressing’ a knife onto her. Or a gun?

She was in danger.

 

I called Yoona on the cell, “I think Sooyoung already have Tiffany in her hands. Any idea how can we trace her?”

 

I could hear Yoona typing away in her laptop. After a short while, she came back, “The tracker shows that she’s moving towards a warehouse off the city.”

 

“It is show time, isn’t it?”

 

“Yes, pretty much. I’ll see you in 10.”

 

-