Strange

Black Black Heart
21



Tiffany POV



Falling is easy. All you need to do is find the best way of protecting yourself.

Minimal impact.

But chances are, people who fall usually do not have that much of a time to consider that. So it seems that most people would end up winding bruised. Battered, or swollen. Or both – akin to one falling in love, almost.

The first thing I did was to open my eyes to examine my injuries. None, because someone was holding onto my wrist and waist tightly in a death grip.

“You?”

My eyes caught sight of the yellow parka first before my gaze landed on a face that I’ve seen a million times over.

But the words were nowhere close to her usual aloof attitude.

“Aigoo. You really have to be careful, Miss Tiffany.” The girl said, or rather Taeyeon, who was clad in her yellow parka commented painstakingly.

“I may appear resourceful and might come across as a potential hero saving you, but I can’t always be there for you. And, and, and, I saw that you were daydreaming while you were walking…”

Ignoring my apparent desire to speak up, she continued rattling on as she held onto me kindly as though I was a fragile patient and she was kind, helpful soul who had stopped by to help me, “You see, one should never daydream or think about other things while one is walking, don’t you understand that? Accidents happen all the time, Miss Tiffany.”

“I….”

“I know that you wish to say that you know that. But please remember to take care of yourself……. if only for awhile,” Taeyeon said in a slow manner and I jerked my head up to look at her direction.

That sounded a lot like………the old Taeyeon.

But surely, I must have heard wrongly, because she was smiling at me in a cutesy manner.

Her eyes brightened momentarily when she noticed someone coming out from the office.

“Omo, Sunny! Sunny! I’m here! I’m here! You can’t miss me! I’m in my yellow parka!” Taeyeon exclaimed happily like a kid, ignoring the weird glances that she was receiving from the staff.

They ducked down when Sunny turned to look at them pointedly before turning her attention back to Taeyeon.

Her eyes widened a little when she saw me. And her smile dropped a little, “…Tiffany?”

I smiled gracefully, despite the fact that I could guessed that Sunny must hate me to the core. But I couldn’t bring myself to detest Sunny. She was the one who’s the most loyal to Taeyeon – she was the one who had stood by Taeyeon’s side all these years.

Even if it killed her inside, even if I was the one that she wanted to finish off the most.

But, Sunny must have spared my life, out of respect for….Taeyeon.

Otherise, I was sure that given her efficiency, she would have finished me off the moment Taeyeon became like that.

Yet, I couldn’t bring myself to feel anything antagonistic towards Sunny. I genuinely liked her character. She was transparent towards me, and hopelessly loyal towards Taeyeon. And Taeyeon needed people like that, people that she could trust.

She always had trust issues.

“What…are you doing here?” Sunny asked rather bluntly, and she appeared taken aback by her tactless statement. She caught herself and frowned slightly, bowing her head slightly in apology..

“I’m sorry if I appeared too impolite.”

I shook my head with an unaffected ease.

Some things never change. Sunny was still as polite towards me, polite to a fault, almost. She had always maintained a sense that I was her superior or something similar to that status, and she hasn’t changed her careful mannerisms towards me.

I was about to answer when someone answered for me, “She’s here because she’s an artiste, and we’re heading over to the auditions now. Come on, Tiffany, let’s go.”

Sooyoung appeared from behind me with a polite smile before grabbing my wrist.

Sunny’s eyes narrowed slightly when she saw Sooyoung, and she gave a tired sigh, “Wait, we’re heading in that direction too.”

Sunny tapped Taeyeon’s shoulders lightly.

Taeyeon looked up abruptly, her gaze appeared perky but confused, “We are?”

Sunny smiled and nodded her head at Taeyeon, “Yes, we are….Director.”

Oh. So Taeyeon is the ‘incompetent, utterly slack, and overly spoiled’ Director that Sooyoung had previously mentioned about?

And not only that, she’ll be the one making the decision for the auditions?

Something about it seemed odd….

Almost as though things were too coincidental….

Or, were they?


  • 4