Family

Black Black Heart

22

 

Yoona was staring into the cup of coffee. They were at the usual meeting place and Yuri was looking at Yoona with her arms folded.

 

“You know, Yoona? There have always been a few things I haven’t really clarified with you.”

 

Yoona shook her head lightly with a rueful smile, “Such as?”

 

“Remember 2 years ago? Those news bulletins about Tiffany killing her parents that made her seem as though she were a killer. You were the one who placed them on the boards, didn’t you?”

 

Yoona shrugged, “So what if it was me? I loved you Yuri, I was jealous. Okay? Is that what you want me to say?”

 

Yuri stared at Yoona’s outburst for a few seconds. They were silent and Yoona calmed herself down as she drank from her cup of coffee, looking almost like an injured animal her wounds.

 

Yuri sighed and after what seemed like a long while, Yuri finally said, “…. I’m sorry.”

 

“Apology accepted, now can we move on?”

 

“Have you ever wondered why Tiffany matters so much to me?” Yuri asked quietly.

 

Yoona narrowed her eyes, “I thought you carried a torch for her, Yuri.”

 

Yuri smiled lightly, “I never saw her as a lover, if that’s what you mean, Yoona.”

 

There was a prolonged silence and Yoona felt as though the air had gone still. It was supposed to be a nice, lazy afternoon, but then again, things were never really calm in their life. Then, Yuri said the unthinkable.

 

“Tiffany is my real biological sister, Yoona.”

 

Yoona couldn’t conceal her expressions. She looked at Yuri and blurted out loud, “What?”

 

Yuri nodded, “Long story, but the point is this, Yoona. We know there are forces at play here, your dad’s men heard about the whispers and they informed you about the upcoming threat. I know, we know that Tiffany is in grave danger. So, is it too much to ask you to help us just this once?”

 

-

 

 

Tiffany POV

 

I was sure the person in front of me was sleeping even though her eyes were opened. Leaning slightly closer, I realised she had pasted two stickers on her eyelids that gave the illusion of those being her eyes.

 

In actual fact, she had been sleeping the entire time during the auditions meeting.

 

Kim Taeyeon, you’re good.

 

Torn between being amused and annoyed, I kicked her shins once. No reaction. I kicked harder this time and she jumped from her seat, “Ow! Who kicked me! I was dreaming that I was in Candy land and I was just this tiny bit...” she raised her index finger and thumb to show the significance of the “tiny bit”, “away from that big strawberry lollipop. When someone woke me up. Thanks.” She frowned and sighed looking deeply wounded. Everyone in the room was staring at her puzzledly.

 

Sunny had a slight worried frown on her face but she gently whispered something into Taeyeon’s ears. Taeyeon merely shrugged before pointing at me. She said something but I didn’t catch, couldn’t catch it.

 

I was still trying to get over how comfortable the two of them were in each other’s presence. Taeyeon and Sunny.

 

If it were the Old Taeyeon, she would never have let anyone gotten that close to her without stabbing them in their guts first. I remembered, the closest that anyone had gotten to her, was me.

 

Yet that was 2 years ago and this is Now.

 

“Tiffany, tiffany.” Sooyoung shook me and I glanced up into her pretty face. She looked happy, and her entire face brightened.

 

“You’ve got it.”

 

“Got what?”
 

“Our director has just chosen you to be the model for our company!” Sooyoung exclaimed excitely

 

 

 

 

-