Revelations

Black Black Heart

25

 

Tiffany POV

 

I was in a dark place. The kind where it was pitched black and all you have to yourself is your breathing to guide you. It consumed me wholly, I could feel my pulse beating faster and that suffocating feeling choking unto me, squeezing the life out of me.

 

Slow down, Tiffany, I whispered barely audibly and placed my knuckles on my lips and bit it hard. Pain, like a budding rose escalated to the nerves of my brain and I felt a sudden coolness in my thoughts.

 

Very abruptly, the door opened to reveal blinding lights and I squinted my eyes shut.

 

A figure stood at the edge of the container and she was folding her arms.

 

“Sooyoung.”

 

I said It matter of factly, and Sooyoung shrugged, “Tiffany. Almost so smart. I wonder…”

 

My pulse slowed down and my thoughts were still. Think, Tiffany, think. What was it that everyone have been telling you?

 

“You’re using me for revenge,” I concluded. And Sooyoung clapped twice, “Correct. But why?”

 

I frowned, “Yuri?”

 

Sooyoung shook her head and she placed a hand over her chin, “How about this Tiffany, I’ll let you ask three questions, and if I like your questions, I’ll release you. Wrong, and we’ll torture her.”

 

I frowned, “Who?”

 

Sooyoung smiled, “That’s a good question.” She nodded her head and snapped her fingers, “Perhaps you would like to step out and see?”

 

I stepped out and my heart took a blow, and I struggled to remain still. Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon was gagged and bound. Her eyes widened in fear when she saw me. This time, she looked afraid.

 

“Why.” I tore my eyes away from Taeyeon and looked at Sooyoung who was enjoying the scene before her entirely.

 

“Simple, she took my life. I’m taking hers,” Sooyoung said and she placed a knife on my throat.

 

-

 

It felt so, so familiar – I could almost chuckle at that thought but the scene before me felt too real that I didn’t even dared breathe. One breath, and my life string might snap.

 

Yet, strangely I felt oddly cool and placid. Almost… it felt almost like the Me, 2 years back.

 

Sooyoung was clad in black and Taeyeon was in white. Sooyoung was close to insane, Taeyeon was already in tears.

 

Who’s gonna do all the saving?

 

I sighed, “Sooyoung, do you really have to do this.”

 

Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon, “She killed my dad, Tiffany. Because he hated you. But You know what’s the strangest thing is? It’s that I’ve been in love with Taeyeon ever since forever…. Even after she killed my dad. But, you changed her, Tiffany. You’ve changed her to this.”

 

My brows raised. Sooyoung seemed to be in a sharing mood and I wasn’t about to break her trail of thoughts. Besides, Sooyoung didn’t exactly sound like your most stable kid around the block. She seemed on the verge of losing it

 

My lips moved, “Your dad’s Ron?”

 

Sooyoung glanced sharply at me, “Yes. My dad’s Ron, and he was so excited to introduce me to Taeyeon. After all, I’ve been crazy about her for so long. But he died even before he could. What a joke.”

 

The irony, My brain thought quickly even before I realised that it had.

 

Taeyeon was trying to blow the gag out of . I felt it comical, but the setting felt too sombre to be laughing. Finally she blew the gag out.

 

“Hi, everyone. Can I ask a question? I would raise my hand If I could, but aigoo, there’s no way of raising my hands because I’m bounded.”

 

“Shut up, Taeyeon. It’s not your turn to speak.” Sooyoung said, “Besides you’re not even the Taeyeon I know. You’re just a fragment, a shard, a shadow of her. No, not even a shadow. You’re…”

 

“So far off the mark?” A slow smile spreaded across those lips. I felt tingles from the top of my head to the tip of my toes.

 

I looked steadily at the figure before me again.

 

The lazy, cool smile was there. Her eyes were mocking, “Am I so far off the mark, Sooyoung?”

 

It wouldn’t be wrong to say, that almost all heavens stopped, and time seemed to stretch on…

 

Till I could breathe again.

 

 

-