Sunny

Black Black Heart

20



Sunny was sitting upright in a straight posture. She was listening to the sector’s head managers reporting on the various department’s performances. Her blonde short hair glowed softly against the evening setting sun and she was dressed impeccably in a dark suit – her usual pristine standard. It was neat, crisp and perfect.

Everything about her screamed efficiency. She smiled faintly at that thought.

If she were that efficient, she wouldn’t be here dealing with this heartache.

It was a dull throb that trooped on to a long, lonely beat, and she jerked her head up when someone entered the room merrily.

“Sunny? Sunny! I’ve got something for you.” The voice exclaimed with a lack of attempt to hide its excitement.

The source of all this misery.

Sunny’s brows furrowed slightly and she pursed her lips.

The figure paused at the door, realising that there were many heads looking at her direction. She smiled weakly, “Bad timing?”

Sunny glanced at the people and nodded her head at the person at the door.

The girl in her yellow parka sighed loudly and dejectedly, “I’m sorry. I’ll….wait outside then.”

Without another word, she turned and headed out, carrying the CD that she had gotten for Sunny.

Sunny rubbed her temples in a tired manner. Was she a little too harsh to this new Taeyeon who had a crush on her?

Of course she knew that Taeyeon had a thing for her. The new Taeyeon could never hide her feelings, was never that calculative enough to manipulate others and hide her emotions.

The new Taeyeon was…. As innocent as a child.

A child who admired her greatly. Sunny sighed before dismissing the entire team out.

How long more? Sunny stood up and turned her back on everything. How long more could she keep this little dream? Her face was a concealed mask of agony as she observed the nightlights outside. How long more could she keep this Taeyeon?

She didn’t dare to accept this new Taeyeon’s admiration as it was too temporal. She knew this dream wouldn’t last and would probably disappear the moment the real Taeyeon wakes up from her dream. So, yes, she’ll hide away that bit of her heart and serve Taeyeon as a subordinate. Nothing, but a good and loyal confidante that Taeyeon could trust, even she was no longer the ‘Taeyeon’ that she knew….

Even if this new Taeyeon held a great admiration for her….

And even, if she, Sunny, the trusty and loyal subordinate, was this tempted to break that fragile code of trust.




-



Taeyeon was squatting outside the office and everyone who came out to look at her did a bow before scuttling away.

She frowned at them oddly but they didn’t dare to look at her.

Her brows quirked up. Was she missing something over here? Why was everyone so afraid of seeing her?

She was just about to duck back into Sunny’s office to hand her the CD, when she noticed something.

Or rather, she noticed someone walking down the stairs just ahead of her.

The girl was thinking about something, therefore she didn’t realised that she was about to miss a step, and was about to slip and fall when Taeyeon grabbed her out of reflex.