Fallen

Black Black Heart

Taeyeon felt a sense of anguish as she watched Tiffany disappeared.., Tiffany was maddening, alright. Yet, when she showed up with a box of plasters from the bathroom’s first aid box, she felt silly…, almost as if she were a kid getting angry with an adult.

Truly, she was putty when it came to Tiffany’s matters.

She watched as Tiffany bent down to look at her bleeding hands patiently.

-
Tiffany POV

I peeled off the adhesive off the plaster with my teeth and held her hands patiently. She looked at me, hopefully.

“Totoro?” She asked and I nodded, “Do you not want me to place it for you?”

She bit her lip and pouted. I knew that everything was alright, “Can I not have Totoro plasters?” she asked somewhat pitifully.

“No. I only have these…”

She sighed loudly and nodded, “Fine. Then Totoro it is.” She lifted her hands to me, all ten fingers were pointing at me in a somewhat pitiful manner, and I looked at them, with an amused expression. My eyes were narrowed slightly when I noticed that her fingers were bruised, and paper cuts covered them. It didn’t take a genius to figure out what she did. She probably got the bulletins off the boards and the school walls by herself.

And by the looks of it, she appeared highly vengeful while peeling them off. Vengeful for my sake.

“You didn’t have to do that…” I said softly, placing the band-aid over her fingers, one by one.

She looked at me, her expression turned happy and gentle, “Are you showing concern for me?” She asked while I slowly repeated each procedure. I was about to respond when someone coughed loudly at the back.

It was Jessica. She pointed to the dishes on the floor, “Guys, is it okay if I clear these?”

Taeyeon looked apologetic (for once!), and she hastily offered, “I’ll do it.”

I rolled my eyes, “I’ll do it. You don’t even know how to use a broom.”

She couldn’t answer that back, so she nodded obediently. Jessica escaped to her room; she always couldn’t bear to be in the same place as Her any more than necessary.

I swept up the mess. She helped me tie up the bags of rubbish and we headed out to throw the trash, if only her men saw her in this manner… would they still be afraid of her?

Probably… yes. She could get so, so ruthless, if she wanted to.

I sighed, thinking of the main issue at hand. “Could you promise not to hurt her?” By her, she knew that I was referring to Yuri.

As if mirroring the emotions in my heart, it began to rain slightly. It was a slight drizzle, and light rain specks covered her blonde hair like miniature snowflakes. They fell on my lashes, softly and I could feel a drop on the side of my cheeks as well. It felt cool to the touch.

The air felt colder already. We weren’t dressed for the change in temperature, and I shivered involuntarily.

Taeyeon took out her outer white jacket to place it over me before taking a step back to look at me. Her face was unreadable, “What makes you think that I will hurt her, Tiffany?” she asked almost rhetorically, not expecting an answer.

An aloof smile appeared on her face,  “Do I look that ruthless to you?” Her smile changed, “Or….are you worried for her?” She finally asked with a cruel smile on her lips. I couldn’t tell if she was hurt or angry, or both.

“I’m not going to answer that.” I said coolly, pushing the jacket off my arms. It fell to the ground. I was standing, bare shoulders in the rain now.

She snapped back to her usual self, realising that I wasn’t happy, if not, bordering near anger.

“I’m sorry.” She said softly. The great, cool Taeyeon was sorry – she picked up the jacket from the ground and placed it over me once again.

I looked at her, my expression, itself was cool and still. “I am not protecting her.” I sighed and said slowly, before looking away, “I have my reasons.” I paused. And then, turning to look at her squarely in her face, I said emphatically, “But remember that, if you hurt the people that I care about, Taeyeon….I’ll hate you.”

With that, I walked away into the house, leaving her outside in the rain. I could sense her eyes watching my back –

-

“Remember that, if you hurt the people that I care about, Taeyeon… I’ll hate you.”

Sunny clenched her fists when she heard those words. She watched sadly as Tiffany disappeared to her house, leaving Taeyeon outside in the rain. Coming out from her usual waiting spot outside Tiffany’s house, she hastily placed the umbrella over Taeyeon, who was watching the closed door hopelessly.

“Am I wrong, Sunny?” She turned to ask Sunny, her eyes almost empty, “Am I wrong to want to protect her that badly?”

Sunny shook her head quickly, “She just doesn’t understand what you’re trying to do, Taeyeon. If she does, I’m sure she’ll be more understanding…”

As if realising that she had a moment of misdemeanour on her part, Taeyeon reverted to her usual, aloof self. Sunny straightened her back, “I got the information you requested, Taeyeon…”

Taeyeon took the file brusquely, “Got it.” And she walked off into the rain into her black sports car by the road.

Sunny sighed as she stood holding the umbrella in the rain, When would she forgive me for that Ron incident?