The story only I didn't know

Behind Those Words (Closed)

 

The story only I didn't know- IU

You really forgot everything
When I see your welcoming face

Then I started feeling vaguely hurt
A wound that can’t heal itself
My tears wouldn’t flow
Breaking up wasn’t even a big deal
Because it’s worthless

There’s no such thing as a good breakup in the world
If I knew, I would have cried it all out then
By then you were done with me
A story only I didn’t know

It wasn’t love
It was just time spent next to you
Now I think I know what it feels to be vaguely hurt
Why you had to be sorry?
Maybe I was too excited
You anitcipated the moment you would leave
How amusing was it for you?

There’s no such thing as a good breakup in the world
If I knew I would have cried it all out then
By then you were done with me
A story only I didn’t know 

 

 

It seems like a normal kind of tale. A player plays around with all the girls’ hearts and then he found the one. She’s different from the others. That’s what attracted him to her. They fell in love, and it’s all happy ending.

That’s what Junhyung thought he would be experiencing. Apparently there’s a story that only he didn’t know.

 

Junhyung walked through the hallway gloomily with his hands in his pockets. He reached his locker and started taking his books from inside and put in his bag. His heart still aches badly. He finally got to know how does heartbreak feels like. He slammed close his locker door and just as he was about to walk away, a girl slid infront of him, leaning on his locker.

“Hey Junhyung.. Now that that Hyuna is no longer with you… how about we start afresh?” she smiled flirtatiously. Junhyung’s jaw tightened when he heard what she said.

“Never.. call her a ,” he warned her and stomped away. He still defended her after what she did to him.

Junhyung clenched his fists tightly, walking straight without even looking left or right. His mind was cluttered. He still couldn’t absorb everything she had said the last time they met.

“So you think I really fell for you huh?” she laughed. He looked at her cluelessly.

“I’m sorry to break it to you. I actually had a bet with my bestfriends that I could make myself be the only one for you and that you would stop your games because of me,” she said confidently.

“It looks like I’ve won the bet,” Hyuna said, smiling proudly. They were sitting at the garden beside her house at night. He had come all the way to her house to confess to her. Sure, they had been going out for quite some time but he hasn’t really said the three words. I love you. He’s a well-known player so saying those words means nothing to him. But Hyuna was different. He really loves her and he really meant it. That is why he not only wants to say it, he want to prove it first. And now it has come the time for him to say it. But there seems to be something that he didn’t know.

“So… all this time.. we’ve been going out… is just for a bet?” he said slowly. His tears were just dying to fall but he held it in.

“Uh huh.. Now you know how it feels like right Yong Junhyung?” she said, raising her eyebrows. He was left speechless. Is this what they call retribution? Karma?

“But… I…” he started.

“Save it Junhyung. Everything is over. Now its up to you if you want to go back to being a player. I don’t care. I’ve never loved you anyway..” she said simply and shrugged. She stood up from the bench and turned around when Junhyung grabbed her wrist.

“Hyuna.. You really have no feelings for me? Even after everything we go through this far?” he pleaded. He had never pleaded for a girl to stay. His ego just went straight to level zero.

She scoffed and pulled her hand back roughly. “I will never fall for a player like you,” she said, still backfacing him. She walked away, leaving him alone. He had fallen head over heels for her. He don’t want anyone else. He just wanted Hyuna.

 

“Junhyung!” someone shouted and pulled him back strongly before an oncoming car could knock him down. Junhyung broke from his thoughts and he landed on the ground. He looked at the person who had just pulled his hand.

“Yah! Are you blind? You could have died just now!” Yoseob, his best buddy shouted at him.

Junhyung slowly stood up and brush off the dust on his pants. He continued walking, away from Yoseob. Not even a single thank you or sorry from him. Yoseob catch up with him and grab his shoulders, turning him around.

“Someone is looking for you,” Yoseob said.

“I don’t want to see anyone right now,” Junhyung replied. He turned and started walking away.

“It’s Sunny and Gayoon” Yoseob’s words stopped Junhyung on his tracks. Those two names. They are Hyuna’s bestfriends. There are so many things Junhyung wanted to ask them. Eversince that night, he didn’t see Hyuna anymore. She just… disappeared. But whenever Junhyung wanted to go to them, they would avoid him or run away from him.

 

He turned back to Yoseob and asked him where they wanted to meet. Although he wasn’t late, he ran to the place. He walked into the class Yoseob told him to go.

He walked in and saw the both of them sitting at one of the tables. He panted for awhile and walked towards them.

“Why are you panting? You don’t have to run you know..” Sunny said.

Junhyung grabbed a chair and sat next to them. “Why do you want to see me? Tired of avoiding me?”

“We just thought.. you might want to know that er..” Gayoon said slowly. He leaned forward a little, anticipating what they have to say. Gayoon stopped talking.

“What?” he asked, getting impatient.

“Hyuna… she’s umm…” Gayoon started but trailed off again.

“What’s wrong with Hyuna? Tell me!” Junhyung shouted.

“She just passed away okay?” Sunny yelled back. Junhyung’s eyes widened and he fell back on his chair. He just stared into space, not believing what he just heard.

“We’re sorry for avoiding you Junhyung.. We promised Hyuna we won’t tell you anything about her condition,” Gayoon said,

He turned to them. “Really? Or you don’t want me to kill you both for making that stupid bet with her? It must be fun playing around with my feelings right? I know. I deserve it,” he said.

Both of them looked clueless. “What.. bet?” Sunny asked.

He scoffed. “In just a little while and you forgot completely about it? You two made a bet with Hyuna that she would be the girl that can stop me from my games right? That’s a nice one. I’m totally messed up right now,” he said.

“And is this another bet of yours? Huh? To see if I would bawl out infront of everyone, thinking that she’s gone?” he raised his voice.

Sunny stood up angrily. “We would never play around with death Yong Junhyung. And that bet. We have no idea what you’re talking about. We are never childish enough to play these stupid games,” she said, poking roughly on his chest.

“Sunny..” Gayoon pulled her friend back to her seat softly.

“I think.. she made that story up herself Junhyung,” she said.

“Why would she do that?” he asked, sounding quite irritated by the whole situation.

Both of them looked down. Finally Gayoon looked up at Junhyung. “She has a heart failure. Her family moved to America for her heart transplant,” she explained slowly.

What did she say? Heart transplant? What? I can’t take this anymore. All this information going into my head is just too much for me to handle.

His eyebrows furrowed as he stared onto the ground.

“She loved you so much Junhyung. Those times you spent with her.. she was really happy,” she said.

“What.. what happen with the transplant?” he asked softly.

“It failed. We just got the news from her family that she…” Gayoon’s voice trailed off. Tears were welling up in his eyes and his heart was beating faster than ever.

“That’s why she lied. That’s why she didn’t want to accept my love..” he said softly to himself. He failed to hold in and a drop of tear fell on his cheek. His heartbeat got slower. Its now getting difficult to breathe. She’s.. gone.

 

Requested by: Bluuuue

Note: I try my best to make every story different although some of the lyrics I get is the same thing: breakup. So if I kinda interpreted the lyrics wrong, just enjoy the story on its own. keke.. ^^

tumblr_m6skh3oKuM1qkruj2o1_400.jpg