You Belong With Me

Behind Those Words (Closed)

You belong with me - Taylor Swift

 

 

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset
She's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do

But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts
She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along, so why can't you see?
You, you belong with me, you belong with me

Walking the streets with you and your worn-out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be
Laughing on a park bench, thinking to myself
Hey, isn't this easy?

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town
I haven't seen it in a while since she brought you down
You say you're fine, I know you better than that
Hey, what ya doing with a girl like that?

She wears high heels, I wear sneakers
She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along, so why can't you see?
You belong with me

Standing by and waiting at your back door
All this time how could you not know?
Baby, you belong with me, you belong with me

Oh, I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night
I'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're 'bout to cry
And I know your favorite songs and you tell me 'bout your dreams
Think I know where you belong, think I know it's with me

Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you?
Been here all along, so why can't you see?
You belong with me

Standing by and waiting at your back door
All this time, how could you not know?
Baby, you belong with me, you belong with me

You belong with me
Have you ever thought just maybe
You belong with me?
You belong with me
 

“Take five everyone!” their leader instructed and all of them disperesed to different directions.

Hyuna went to her bag and sat down, panting after the whole day practicing new dancing steps. She took out her bottle and gulped down the cool mineral water down . From the corner of her eye, she saw Junhyung walking out of the dance studio, talking agitatedly on his phone with his bottle on the other hand.

Hyuna sighed. That must be his girlfriend. He’s always quarelling with her but they never break up. Not that she wishes for them to. She doesn’t like seeing him angry.

She stared outside the transparent glass door, looking at Junhyung pacing up and down quarelling on the phone. His hand gestures and his facial expressions are enough to show that they are arguing about something minor although she can’t hear him.

She watched as he clenched the bottle in his hand and eventually smashing it onto the floor. The clear water splashed out of the bottle and some flow out of it.

It was nearly time to get back and their leader motioned for Hyuna to call Junhyung in. As she got out, Junhyung was already done talking on the phone and he leaned against the nearest wall, panting heavily.

“Erm.. Junhyung?” she called out, walking towards him careful to avoid the water on the floor.

“Hey,” he said turning to her and tried to force out a smile. Hyuna returned the smile.

“Fighting again?” she said. Junhyung just shrugged as if to say, ‘you know it’.

“We’re supposed to get in now. Haw oppa is already calling in the other dancers,” she said, pointing to the dance studio. Junhyung sighed and pushed himself from off the wall.

Hyuna was about to turn when Junhyung grabbed her wrist and his face got closer to hers. Hyuna was too stunned to do anything that she just froze and blinked with her wide eyes. Her heart was pumping faster and faster as he got close.

He touched her cheek bone with his index finger and smiled. “Someone’s missing you~” he said, showing her her fallen eyelash on his finger.

She rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Let’s just go in,” she said, pulling him inside by the hand. Junhyung just chuckled behind her.

~

“Hey do you wanna get some ice cream?” Junhyung asked Hyuna as both of them were packing to leave.

“Yeah sure,” she said. She expected it. Junhyung always eats ice cream whenever he has a problem with his model girlfriend. Yes. His girlfriend is one of Asia’s top model that used to be classmates with Hyuna. While Junhyung and her became dancers, Rin persue her dreams of becoming a model.

They went to their usual ice cream parlour and place their orders. They sat openly outside since they have nothing to hide. When they were once spotted by the media, Rin had cleared the cheating rumours and told them that Hyuna is hers and Junhyung’s bestfriend- which the three of them know that its not true.

 

Hyuna was eating her Strawberry Shortcake icecream slowly while Junhyung ate his Chocolate Mudpie with slight anger.she watched him eat with her eyebrows slightly creased in the middle. Just then he stopped abruptedly, dropping his spoon back into the bowl and shut his eyes tightly. His hand held one side of his head and the other clenched into a tight fist onto the table.

“You never learn do you?” Hyuna said shaking her head. Its obvious Junhyung would get a brainfreeze at the rate he’s eating the ice cream.

After the freeze subsided, he looked at her and smiled goofily. “You know me so well Hyuna. I bet if its Rin she would panic unneccessarily when I did that. I might even end up in the hospital just for a brainfreeze.” He chuckled, going back to his ice cream. That’s because I understand you better Junhyung, she thought to herself.

“Did you hear Big Bang’s new song yesterday?” he asked.

“Of course! I waited till midnight for the release,” she said.

“Me too! You should have called me so we can’t wait together,” he laughed.

“Me call you? Why didn’t you call me instead??” she said punching his arm slightly.

He laughed. “How should I know you waited too. You on the other hand, knows that I’m a big fan of Big Bang,” he said. Hyuna pouted to the side, nodding.

“Hmm that’s true..”

They continued chatting about music, dance steps and other random things such as where they usually shop for the perfect jeans.

“Rin doesn’t wear jeans. She’s always with short skirts and dresses..” Junhyung commented.

“She’s a model Jun. Of course she have to look more feminine. Besides, isn’t that the type guys look for?” Hyuna said.

“I guess so. But its not illegal for models to wear jeans once in awhile. Sometimes I wish Rin can be more like you,” he said as he paid for the ice creams and both of them stood up. Hyuna was stunned by his words that she just remained quiet. They walked to the arcade that they always visit whenever they’re free.

“You know Hyuna. You understand me more than my own girlfriend. I can talk to you about anything and everything. With Rin, its just all about her. Her job, her friends,.. Its like I don’t even get to say anything. I have a life too you know,” he said sighing.

They played racing cars, motorbikes, air hockey and all the other games in the arcade until it gets dark. They don’t have a high income so neither of them have cars. They cycled home where they live opposite each other.

 

Both of them stopped abruptly when they saw black car outside their building. Rin stepped out of the car and walked towards them. She looked at Hyuna disgustedly.

“Its as if you know why I’m here Junhyung. You brought a weapon?” she laughed. Both of them raised an eyebrow.

“Erm.. I guess I should just go in now. See you tomorrow Junhyung,” Hyuna said feeling awkward being in the middle of a couple fight. Hyuna cycled nearer to her building and parked it outside before going into her apartment.

~

It was already past midnight and Hyuna still couldn’t sleep. She kept thinking about what Junhyung had said earlier at the ice cream parlour. She tossed and her bed when suddenly her phone beeped.

She opened the new message and read it.

From: Junhyung

Hey, are you still awake?

Hyuna smiled slightly and replied.

To: Junhyung

Nah. What’s up? Wanna talk?

Hyuna knows that Junhyung would want somewhere to rant after a fight with his girlfriend. Junhyung would always try to avoid ranting to Hyuna but sometimes it just fell out from his mouth.

From: Junhyung

Yeah. Can I meet you downstairs?

Hyuna agreed and went down where they parked their bikes with a pair of sneakers and a grey hoodie along with black sweatpants.

“Hey what’s up?” Hyuna asked as she saw him walking nearer to her.

Without warning, he hugged her.

“I’ve always wanted to hug you,” Junhyung murmured into her shoulder. Hyuna couldn’t find her voice. His scent was driving her insane. His arms around her was making her knees weak. All she could do was wait for him to explain things.

He chuckled and pulled away slightly.

“I couldn’t hug you then because I was scared that Rin would find out from the media,” he breathe out.

“Then?” was all Hyuna could manage.

“We broke up. But she told me to dump her so the media would pity her. That’s why she waited for me just now. Just in case there were some lurking paparazzis,” he explained.

“I’ve always liked you Hyuna. I don’t know why I don’t have the courage to just break up with Rin. I belong with you. Not her,” Junhyung said and bit his lower lip slightly waiting for her response.

“Um.. What do you normally say when you like that person back?’ she asked innocently. She had never gotten a confession before neither have she responded to one. She have to clue what to do right then. Junhyung chuckled.

“Well.. I think people normally don’t say when they feel the same,” he said smiling.

“Huh?”

“They do this,” he said and kissed her for the first time eversince they met years ago.

 

Requested by: JunahDaebak

Note: I don't think I did very well with this one. But hope you enjoy it! It appears better in my head but since I'm not very good with words, it didn't appear as nice.

tumblr_m6skh3oKuM1qkruj2o1_400.jpg