Nagging

Behind Those Words (Closed)

Nagging - IU Feat. Seulong 2AM

 

Stop being out so late
Try not to drink so often
You don't listen to me like a 10 year old child

I can only laugh
Who are you calling a child?
Really, I can only laugh

You don't know how it feels for me to say these things
You don't know that I only want to say nice things to you
Should I stop? Let's stop

From one to ten, they're all words for you
But since you don't listen to me, it's only nagging to you
Let's stop, let's stop
There's not even enough time to just love

A story told by the heart, not the mind
Stories that I can't help but tell you even if you hate them
Let's stop, let's stop
I only hear your nagging

Are you eating at the right time
Are you staying away from girls
I want to be beside you all day
That's how I feel
If I could keep you in my pocket
I'd be really happy

Our story where we can only be two
A story that would make someone laugh if they heard
Should I stop? Let's stop

From one to ten, they're all words for you
But since you don't listen to me, it's only nagging to you
Let's stop, let's stop
There's not even enough time to just love

A story told by the heart, not the mind
Stories that I can't help but tell you even if you hate them
Let's stop, let's stop
I only hear your nagging

Even if you glare and try to scare me
Your face is just too cute to me
Are you going to keep this up? (You) I can't hold back anymore
I really might get angry

A story that wouldn't be told if we were to give up love
The sound of my heart that thinks only of you
Even if you're angry, even if you shout
Your nagging is just so sweet to me

A story that can only be told if we love
But since you don't listen to me, it's only nagging to you
Let's stop, let's stop
But trust my feelings

 

Note: This was longer than I expected. :/

Junhyung stumbled into the dark apartment, still feeling a little dizzy from the heavy alcoholic drinks from the club. His company had a celebration for their recent big success in a project and had led him to drinking more than one glass. Truthfully, that’s just an excuse. Junhyung drinks almost every night with his friends- celebration or not.

Hearing the heavy footsteps and some things dropping on the wooden floor, Hyuna peeked out from their bedroom. As expected, Junhyung was walking unstably, swinging side to side, holding onto the walls for support. When he accidentally knocked down some books on the coffee table, he chuckled to himself and covered his mouth when he realised he had to be quiet- just like a child. Hyuna sighed and walked forward to help him get to their room.

“Oh! Hyuna-yah~ Why are you here?” he asked in a cheerful voice. Hyuna shook her head and place his arm around her neck and she guide him to the room by putting her arm around his waist.

“Isn’t this my house?” he asked, looking around cluelssly.

“This is our apartment Yong Junhyung. If this is your house, you wouldn’t even make it to your living room,” she said knowing that Junhyung’s dad doesn’t like him drunk. He giggled to himself, obviously still high on alcohol.

When they made it to the bedroom, Hyuna let his heavy body fall on the bed and he chuckled again.

“I don’t like when you drink so much Junhyung,” she said, looking at him. He didn’t hear her and continued smiling to himself, shutting his eyes.

“And why must you come back so late? You have work tomorrow right?” she said worriedly, sitting beside him.

He frowned with his eyes closed and took a pillow near him to cover his ears. “Aish! So noisy! I want to sleep” he said childishly and turned his body away from Hyuna. Hyuna just sighed. He never listens. Never. Tomorrow he would apologise and do it again.

 

The next morning Junhyung woke up with a massive headache but still went to work after taking some asprins. He was so busy rushing around the apartment to get ready for work that he didn’t even remember to apologise for coming back late yesterday night. Junhyung quickly kissed Hyuna on the lips and rushed out of the apartment with his briefcase.  

Hyuna went to their bedroom to make the bed and clear up other mess that Junhyung had done because he was rushing out. She was used to this kind of life already although its tiring. She works part time at a café nearby every even days of the week.

She picked up Junhyung’s white shirt and jeans on the bed to wash when a red mark caught her eye. She lifted the collar of the shirt closer to her eye level to double check. Her fist clench tight onto the shirt as she saw a smudge of red lipstick on the shirt near to the neck area.

~

Junhyung was typing furiously onto his keyboard, rushing for time that he even skipped lunch. Suddenly his phone rang. He tried to just ignore it but the ring wouldn’t stop (well obviously). He stopped abruptly and answered the call.

“Yes Hyuna?”

“Jun.. have you eaten? You’re always skipping meals nowadays. Tell me you’ve eaten please,” she said sweetly.

“Hyuna, baby, I’m very busy right now. I’ll eat when I have the time okay? You don’t have to check on me,” he said, tapping his fingers on the table impatiently.

“But Jun-“

“Baby I got to go okay. Talk to you later,” he said and ended the call. He loves her but sometimes he felt like he’s being treated like a child, always being told what to do and what not to do. He’s a grown man and knows his own rules.

 

After a long day of work, Junhyung went straight home, too tired to join his friends for a drink. When he walked into their apartment, he was greeted by silence. That’s weird, he thought.

Usually Hyuna would hurry to the door to take his briefcase and coat, worrying that he was too tired. Always asking whether he had eaten, if he felt giddy at work because of the alcohol he took last night and all the other naggings. But this time there was none.

“Hyuna?” he called out as he took off his shoes and walked further into the apartment. Hyuna stepped out of their room and smiled at him.

“Oh you’re back. I’ve cooked if you want to eat,” she said, pointing to the dining table where she had placed the dishes. After that, she went back into the room. he arched an eyebrow. Where’s her ‘Do you want to eat?’, ‘If you’re not hungry maybe you should shower first while I put the food for you’ or at least a ‘You’re back? Are you tired?’.

He sensed that she was angry with him for hanging up on her early that afternoon. He just sighed and walked to their bedroom.

There she was, folding clothes and putting them neatly into the drawers. As she was facing the open drawer, he hugged her from behind tightly.

“Baby~ I’m sorry I hung up just now… I was just so busy. I won’t do it again okay? Promise,” he said, resting his chin on her shoulder. She closed the drawer and pushed him away slowly and turned to him.

“I’ve already forgiven you. For hanging up, for getting drunk last night,.. Oh, and also for that lipstick smudge on your shirt. You should probably wear black next time,” she said calmly. He was confused as to where the conversation is going.

“But you might just think I’m nagging. So you know what, I’m going to stop. I’ll just take care of your dinner and laundry like some housewife. You can do whatever you want Junhyung. I don’t care. You want to get drunk, get wasted, bang some random chick for all I care. I’m not going to -what you call, nag- at you anymore. I’m not your mum anyway,” she said seriously.

“Hyuna.. Come on. You don’t mean it right? Isn’t that what couples are suppose to do? Take care of each other? If you don’t care about me anymore does it mean you don’t love me anymore?” he asked.

“I love you Junhyung. But you never listen. So instead of telling you always what to do and you seeing it as nagging, I shall just stop. I don’t want you to find me irritating.”

“But you can never stay away. You’ve said before you’re not going to care but you will always end up doing it again. You’re so cute when you’re angry baby,” he let out a chuckle and pinched her lightly on her cheeks in which she pushed away harshly.

“I’m serious Junhyung. I’m really going to stop this time. Do whatever you want,” Hyuna said and walked out of the room. Junhyung was left there alone. He wasn’t shocked or surprised because he knows Hyuna can’t do it for long. Maybe the next day she would already start again.

~

One week has passed and still nothing. Hyuna did as she said. She was still loving as always. Hugging him, kissing him. But she didn’t care what he did. She didn’t ask how was his day, she didn’t call him anymore when he’s working, and all other things that she used to do that has stopped.

Junhyung missed being cared for. Junhyung miss the old Hyuna. He miss her nagging but concern voice telling him to eat, to rest, to shower. He felt like a real adult now and he didn’t like it at all. He realised he like being pampered after a hard day of work and taken care of so sweetly by his girlfriend.

He missed her so much that he didn’t go for drinks with his friends. He tried to pretend that he was drunk one night just to see hwo Hyuna would act. When he was ‘struggling’ at the door, she didn’t come out.

When he reached their bedroom, she was alseep. He made some drunk noises but she just continued sleeping. He even drop himself heavily on the bed, giggling to himself but she didn’t budge. He really lost her care for him.

~

One morning, Hyuna and him were eating breakfast as usual. He waited for her to return to her old self but nothing came until he was about to go to work.

“Bye!” she said and was about to turn away when he grabbed her arm.

“Hyuna.. Baby..” he said softly with pleading eyes.

“Hm?” she said as if not knowing anything.

“Can I.. can I have you back?” he said, raising his eyebrow slightly and now holding both her hands.

She laughed. “Have me back? I’m right here Junhyung.”

“I mean can have you care about me again? I miss your concern, your sweet and caring naggings, your shouts when I don’t rest. Hyuna I miss you so much. You’re here with me but its not the same. I want the old you back. I want you to call me in the middle of my work just to check up on me, to be greeted warmly by you everytime I come home, to be taken care of when I’m drunk. I won’t promise you that I won’t drink so much anymore. I will show you that I won’t. Please Hyuna? Baby?” he said pleadingly almost begging.

A small smile crept out of her lips, looking at him. Her smile was a mix of a pout and a smile which made her even cuter.

“Really? You will show me?” she said.

He nodded. “I will. I really will.”

“I miss taking care of you too baby~” she said and hugged him tight. Junhyung heaved a long sigh of relief and hugged her back. he moved back slightly and kissed her deeply, more satisfactory than the past week.

“You’re going to be late for work! Go now!” she said and patted his bottom, shoving him out of the door. both of them just chuckled and Junhyung was glad she’s back. These little imperfections is what makes his life perfect and complete.

 

Requested by: tina43

Note: I'll try to alternate sad and happy stories so that you won't get sad or happy multiple of times on a row. Hahaha~ I'm focusing on this oneshots series now so keep a lookout for yours soon! :))

tumblr_m6skh3oKuM1qkruj2o1_400.jpg