A Vampire Family

Eternal Love

2 WEEKS AGO IN THAILAND

It has been 10 years since that fateful night causing his life to change drastically.  In his past human life he lived in an orphanage till he was 17 and had no other family except Shin Hye, who was also his best friend and girlfriend.  Now he really feels part of a family, with 2 brothers and a father that is highly respected in the vampire race.  His father is one of the most powerful vampire because he is one of the three sovereign authority in the Eastern Region.  His vampire father happens to look the same age as him and his brothers, but he is an old soul who have lived for centuries and his name, Lee Jong Hyun alone demands respect.  He feels that he must live up to  his father's honorable surname since his blood line now runs through his veins and was gifted with life from the Lee family lineage. 

 The young man walks forward slowly feeling the atmosphere around him waiting for the attack.  He has been fighting many different vampires for the last 3 hours nonstop in complete darkness, his pale skin seem to glow with excitement and his senses and strength seems to increased overwhelmingly more during the battle.  The next attack happened so quickly, he feels the presence of five more vampires charging from every direction.  He flitted forward grabbing two of them by their necks strongly squeezing as he turns and threw them into the one charging from him from his left side with such force causing all three of them to be incapacitated.  The other two vampires jump on his back biting and clawing his face and body trying to bring him down, he throws one over his back resorting to the judo his brother had taught him and grabbed his wooden sword on his side maneuvering it gracefully yet striking them with such power that he quickly disabled them and continues to walk forward slowly waiting for another attack, but instead the lights dimmed on.   His hyung Jung Shin who was in charge of his fighting skills walked towards him and nodded at his little brother and you can see how very proud he was of him in his eyes.  As the brothers helped up the other vampires who has helped in his testing, Yong Hwa thanked them sincerely and bowed to all of them in respect.  He turned around to see his hyung looking at him, "Go shower and make yourself presentable because father is expecting us for his concert tonight", he said as he slapped Yong Hwa on the back.  Yong Hwa looks at his warrior like brother thoughtfully and also bowed to him, "Gomawo Hyung for training me", he said with a toothy grin.  Jung Shin smiles in response and walks away yelling back at him, " Go shower Yong, you really do stink". 

Jung Yong Hwa POV

My brothers and I sat silently enjoying the musical piece our father was playing on the piano.  I look at my family that I have been with for the last ten years and am thankful for their support and guidance that they have always given me.  I am considered a young vampire with still so much to learn in order to survive without any help.  Thats what I've been doing all this time was learning and training non stop to not only be a vampire, but a vampire with the Lee blood line that flows inside me.  Our family blood line is very strong making us more powerful than many other vampire clans.  Our father is very cautious about our blood line that's why he has only made three vampire children and according to him me and my brothers were all worthy to have his blood because we all had pure hearts and that is why he chose to give us life when he saw us dying.  I remember the first night I met my family and found out that it was my father who had saved my life by turning me into a vampire.  I learned that only a full breed vampire can turn humans into vampires by exchanging blood with them.  I also found out that I was like my brothers who were also once human, which for some reason made me more at ease.  I had so many questions about being a vampire, but the main question I had was about drinking blood, because honestly the thought of drinking someones blood made me want to vomit.  Thankfully only a full breed has to do that when they make a vampire, our race actually feeds off the life force of other living creatures preferably humans because their life force last longer in our system.  I was glad to learn that when we consume someone's life force we do not kill them in the process.  My first night to feed my father took me out and explained that we should do this at night when they are asleep because the life force we take from them will be replenish by sleep, otherwise it can cause them feeling extremely exhausted and unfocused the next day.  I watched my father with awe as he demonstrated how to feed on someone's life force.  I thought it look like he was about to kiss that woman but he had to get that close as he leaned forward with his mouth slightly opened and what look like bright smoke was inhaled by my father.  The process took about two minutes to do and he said it will last in our system for about a week and then we would have to go out and feed again.  Now it was my turn to feed and I nervously got close to the woman's face like my father had showed me, but I started to feel guilty because I shouldn't be this close to another women's face and my mind automatically thought of Shin Hye getting really mad and scolding me.  My father grinned and told me telepathically that this is not in anyway ual son, it is food, this is how we eat and without it you will not be able to survive.  I nodded and leaned forward once again to feed on her life force.  I didn't really have to do anything it was like drinking water when your thirsty, you just know when you have had enough to drink.  After we left I noticed how much faster and stronger I had become. 

When we arrived back my family and I had a discussion about vampire facts and myths, and what ever I thought I knew about vampires from books and movies were pretty much all false.  First thing they said was that sunlight won't kill us, but that we do prefer the darkness that's why we try to avoid the sun.  Our senses are better, we are stronger and faster, and we do not age.  Crosses and holy water is a myth as well as garlic, the only thing about garlic is to us it is the stinkest thing on this earth.  I did learn that silver can actually hurt us and the way we can die is silver through our heart, followed by a beheading.  That part actually made me nervous but my family only laughed and told me if anyone wanted to hurt  me they would have to get through them, and that was the first time I really felt part of the family.  The last thing I learned was the most important thing to all vampires in this world.  All vampires must search for their eternal life mate so they can continue on the blood line of their clans family lineage.  As our father's blood line flows through our veins my brothers and  I also must search for our eternal life mate.  Once you find your life mate your vampirism progress to the next level where you and your mate  will be able to feed off each others life force through ual energy.  You and your eternal life mate can also procreate a full breed vampire child that will continue on your blood line and family lineage.  That is what all vampires want and what their life goal is to find their eternal life mate so they can preserve their family lineage.  Our father explained to us that he is a full breed vampire because his parents were eternal life mates, and he also said that it is very difficult to find your eternal life mate that's why there is only a few full breeds left in this world.  He also continued to say that our blood line is so powerful and our family lineage must be passed down because our clan is one of the oldest vampire clans in this world and that it was all our duty to continue the family lineage, which we all agreed to. 

I stopped thinking about the past when I heard Hyung Min Hyuk getting scolded for falling asleep and for him to pay attention.  As always our father prefers to  speak to us telepathically.  I smile as I look over at poor Hyung Min Hyuk pop his eyeballs wide so he can try and stay awake, while next to him Hyung Jung Shin seems to be hypnotized by the music.  He always loves when father plays the piano for us because each musical piece he composes tells us a part of  his life story. 

I look at my brothers thinking about how very different we all are.  Hyung Jung Shin is the eldest because he was the first to be turned by father.  He once was a war hero that  had saved many lives before losing his life.  He has a fighting heart and a warrior spirit and truly sticks to his beliefs.  Hyung Min Hyuk was the second to be turned by father.  He has a pure heart as well as a pure soul.  He is very child like in many ways like teasing us his brothers, his love for sweets, and being loveable with father.  Then there's me, the last one  to be turned which makes me the youngest one.  The thing I can truly say about myself is I do love my family and will not let anyone hurt them.  I finally found out what it is like to have a family and that makes me happy.  The only thing missing is her, the love of my life when I was human.  I miss you Shin Hye, where are you?   I start picturing her beautiful face in my mind and was smiling to myself when my fangs popped out causing the piano to stop playing, and I felt 3 pairs of eyes on me.  My brothers started laughing hysterically at me because they knew I still had problems controlling my fangs.  If I get too emotional or too excited my fangs tend to pop out.  "Every time you think about her your fangs pop out naughty Yong", teased Min Hyuk.  Both my Hyungs were making fun of me popping out their fangs too, while Hyung Min Hyuk telepathically pictured my Shin Hye in a swim suit bikini posing playfully and blowing kisses at us.  "Yah stop that ert!", I yelled as I jumped on both my hyungs and we all started to wrestle on the floor laughing loudly and making so much noise.

Jong Hyun silently watches his sons with amusement and a smile on his face, he loves to see his boys have a good time with each other.  He looks at his youngest son and decides its time to let him know what he has discovered about the young girl his son has been searching for.  "I have found her son, looks like we will be moving back to Korea", Jong Hyun actually said out loud.  All three of his boys looked up in amazement as they had each other in head locks, leg locks, and arm locks with poor Min Hyuk on the bottom of the pile.