Through His Eyes

Eternal Love

Yong Hwa came home in a good mood, he got to dance and spend some time with his little leaf tonight.  He walked by the main living room and saw his father, his brothers and Hongki sitting there in silence which was strange because Min Hyuk was usually noisy.  He walked in as soon as he heard his father call out to him, "Yong Hwa come here I need to have a word with you".  As soon as he sat down his father asked the others to leave in a soft yet authoritative tone, before they left Jung Shin patted his youngest brother on the shoulder letting him know everything was fine which helped with his nerves.  "Father did I by any chance do something wrong", Yong Hwa asked nervously?  He wasn't use to getting into any kind of trouble with him, he loved Jong Hyun as if he was his real birth father and did not want to disappoint him in anyway.  "I hear your thoughts Yong,  I love you son and I would never be disappointed in you, I thank the stars for them having destined you to be my son", he said telepathically with a sincere smile.  Jong Hyun started telling him about what Hongki had reported to him that night and how that led to the telepathic mind melts he preformed on his brothers and Hongki.  Yong Hwa couldn't believe what he just heard, if it wasn't for his father telling him this he would already be on the floor rolling in laughter...the thought of Shin Hye knocking someone out was really laughable.  "Come here Yong I know it's hard for you to believe what I told you so I will let you see what I saw through Hongki's eyes", said Jong Hyun.  Yong Hwa knelt before his father and Jong Hyun transferred his memories of what he saw in Hongki's mind to him.  Yong Hwa sat in silence with a distressed look on his face as he saw everything, he was upset over the mugging but he was troubled about her knowing how to fight like that.  "What the hell is going on, and when did she learn how to fight like that and why", he thought in frustration.  "I know you have alot of questions, but as of right now Yong I do not have all the answers.  We will need to start with the mind melt before we can continue on with anything.  Just open your mind and you will subconsciously lead me to what needs to be seen", Jong Hyun explained.  Yong Hwa nodded and closed his eyes calming his emotions so his father can proceed with what needs to be done.  Immediately Jong Hyun see's a bunch of boys playing kick ball and smiles as he knows this was one of the things that made his son happy when he use to live in the orphanage.  Yong was having fun but he kept hearing someone cry, it was normal for the children to cry here at the orphanage, but this cry was really different it was calling to him.. asking for his help.  Yong Hwa walked over to a large tree in the corner of the yard and behind the tree sat a little girl crying, trying to hide herself from the world.  The large tree looked as if it was crying with the little girl, small little leaves slowly floated down around the child as if they were tears even though there was no wind to blow the leaves that day.  Yong Hwa stood there and watched her cry as if he was hypnotized, his heart at that moment felt like it was going to explode and that's how it all started... Yong Hwa knew he couldn't walk away so he walked over to the girl and poked her on her head and gave her his best smile.  As she looked up her big eyes were filled with tears and she had the cutest little pout on her lips that made his heart melt.  Jong Hyun hears his son comfort little Shin Hye and witnesses the first time he calls her "little leaf" as he grabbed her hand and they run off together to play.  Jong Hyun observed how they loved and cared for each other that day on, always putting the other first before themselves.  He saw his son try his best and protect her at such a young age sometimes resulting in a black eye or a fat lip from a bully, but he had heart he never gave up and always protected her.  There were times when she would sneak in to his bed in the middle of the night crying from a nightmare and he would comfort her until she would fall asleep and then turn around and wake her up early in the morning to go back to her bed so they wouldn't get in trouble.  She never knew that Yong Hwa would not sleep on those nights, he would watch over her protecting her from her own dreams.  When Jong Hyun saw moments like that he couldn't help but look proudly at his son blinking back his own tears.  All of a sudden it fast forwarded a few years later, and Yong Hwa was in the middle of doing his homework when the phone rang and he over heard the pastor talking with the police.    He heard them say something about an attack on two girls from this orphanage in broad daylight and one of those girls was Shin Hye.  Yong Hwa ran over there pulling and screaming at the pastor like a madman with tears in his eyes, "Is she okay" he cried  his body shaking in fear.  After the pastor hung up the phone he turned to him and said the girls were fine and were at the hospital for a check up and allowed Yong Hwa to go with him to pick them up.  On there way to the hospital the pastor informed him that the girls were a little banged up but was fine, but the man who attacked them was also there being treated for severe injuries.  The police believed that someone saved the girls, but they have no idea who that person was and the girls have no idea because they apparently fainted from fear.  "I hope he dies", whispered Yonghwa with hatred.  "Don't say that Yong Hwa, all I know is he's suffering greatly and that he won't be able to eat or talk because his jaw is wired shut, whoever rescued the girls broke his jaw in three places along with some other broken bones ", said the pastor.   When they arrived at the hospital Yong Hwa ran in the room where Shin Hye was in and when she saw him she bursted in to tears calling for him, "O..p.pa" she said in between cries.  He immediately ran to her and gave her a bear hug engulfing her in his arms crying along side her, whispering sweet words of comfort, "Oppa's here now little leaf",  he said softly against her ear.  That was the first time Yong Hwa felt that much hatred and fear in his young life and it just made him become more stronger and protective of the only person he has ever loved in his life.  It again fast forwarded this time to the night Yong Hwa died in the fire, Jong Hyun saw his son saving many people including the girl he loved, he saw him getting trapped inside the fire, and the last thing Jong Hyun saw through Yong Hwa's eyes were of Park Shin Hye being held down by a few people so she wouldn't run back in to the fire to be with him and then he heard the horrorific cry that still impelled him to save his son.  Jong Hyun hurried and let go of Yong Hwa and hugged him tightly knowing he had to relive the pain of dying and losing the only person he had ever loved.  Jong Hyun cried with his son that night feeling that he finally understood how deep their love for each other was and still is... he cried with his son wanting him to know that he is no longer alone...he cried with his son because he understands his pain...he cried with his son because that's what a true father does when your child is in this much pain.  Jong Hyun holds him tightly as he continues to cry,"Thank you Yong Hwa for letting me see her through your eyes", he said softly as he rocks back and forth comforting his youngest son.

 

Authors note-  Hi everyone..sorry if this chapter was sad, but I had to write it this way to get the story ready for the upcoming chapters.  I have to say the more I build the character of Jong Hyun the more I'm falling for him..what a man..oops I mean vampire lol.  I still hope you enjoyed it and thank you for leaving awesome comments and for subcribing to my fanfic.  

As always thank you for reading :D