My Family

Behind This Smile

 

Kai’s POV

I just came back from the first day of school with my new class. I share class with Luhan, Xiumin & Kris. They were just standing there like ‘losers’ when we met our class. So I decided to make some friends and then I saw these two, Sooyoung & Yoona, SNSD sunbaes. They were like, shy, to meet me. I don’t even know why. Am I so hansome like that? “Dongsaeng-ah, how was your day?” It’s Suho. “My day was fine. It’s still school though. Boring.” “But do you know why Luhan still lives with his parents? I heard that he’s having a hard time there.” I nodded. “Yeah, he is. He was all smiling at school though.” If I was him, I’d come live here immediately. I mean, it’s better here with the guys than with fighting parents. “I have an idea. Let’s go to his house.” I was surprised. “Why hyung? We shouldn’t go there.” “But I want to see how his situation’s like. I’m worried now.” “But you weren’t a year ago, when we got paired up as upcoming boy group.” Suho shakes his head. “But I’m the leader and we go there, right now.” He calls the other guys. What the hell is he doing? He knows that Luhan’s house is a ‘forbidden place.’

 

I tried to stop them from going but after all, we leaved the dorm and went to Luhan’s house. I’m still trying to step them when we were in front of Luhan’s house. “Guys, he isn’t at home at all. He’s always outside, remember?” Chanyeol nodded. “Yeah, with Zelo.” “Any idea of where he is?” Sehun asks. The park. Playing soccer with Zelo. Duh. So I answered: “The park. With Zelo.” The others nodded. Baekhyun pointed at the park. “Let’s go!” And I was right, those two idiots were really outside. Luhan sees us and waves. “Zelo yah! There are the guys!” Zelo waves too. “Hyungs!” They’re both surprised, especially Luhan. “Why are you guys here? It’s 9pm, you guys should do something useful. Like, eating. Or something.” You better tell that to yourself. I shook my head. “You better do something useful, derp. Go live with us.” After I said that, Luhan began to think seriously. Like he seriously wants that. I really want to know what he’s thinking right now.

 

Luhan’s POV

They were all staring at me, even Zelo. Like, they all want to know what I’m thinking. I actually want to live with you all, but… I can’t. You all think that you all know my situations but you don’t. You only know a part of it. Zelo knows everything about me. He knows what I’ve been thinking. I want to escape from all this . I don’t want to live outside anymore. I miss having a home. A warm home. A family. I hate this park. I hate my life. I want someone who can protect me from the dark. I want to cry on her shoulder. Yes, a girl maybe…

The guys left 10 minutes after. Zelo and I decided to get inside because it’s getting late. And Tiffany noona is being alone with our parents for too long, we need to protect her. I just feel like I’m being a bad brother for her. She’s been there the whole evening, hearing how our parents fight.

 

We get home and the first thing that we hear is a scream. Tiffany’s scream. “Tiffany noona!” She was crying in the living room, I see that she got hit. “Oh my God noona! Who did this to you!” I’m sitting next to her now, Zelo is still in shock. “Noonar… noonar…” He shouldn’t be here. He should leave. This is getting serious. I don’t want him to ruin his childhood like us. “Zelo, you should leave.” He shakes his head. “No hyung. I’m staying here with you and Tiffany noona.” Tiffany agrees with me. “Zelo-ah, just go sleep okay. Luhan and I are fine.” Zelo began to be a bit mad. “Let me just stay here with you guys okay! I’m not too young! I’m 13! Jeez!” Tiffany sighs. “Just go get us some water, okay.” Zelo nodded and went immediately to the kitchen. Finally. Some private time with Fany noona. Now I really want to know what’s actually going on between our parents. “Noona?” “Hmm?” “What’s actually going on between our parents?” Tiffany doesn’t answer. “Answer me.” “Hmm?” You just pretended like you couldn’t hear me. “You heard me.” “It’s just… I don’t even know.” I looked with a weird expression. “You… don’t know?” “Yeah, I don’t know. Is it that weird, Luhan?” A bit. “A bit. Why were you hit?” “I don’t want to talk about it.” I’m holding her hand. “Everything’s going to be okay.” I don’t know if I’m okay. I never saw my sister crying like this. And I’m almost going to cry too. What is happening to our family?