I Actually Love You

Behind This Smile

 

Luhan’s POV

I come home after a long day at the studio and I see Kai there, waiting for me. What does he want from me? I’ve had enough of this already. “Okay what.” “Is this the way you greet your fellow member?” “I thought you’ve had enough of me, like everyone else.” “What?” “Lol nevermind.” “I’m sorry.” “What?” THE popular guy aplogise. What a surprise. Seriously. “I’m such an , right? So… I’m sorry for being me.” We sit both on the ground. “You’re not an .” “What do you mean?” “I mean that no one’s really an . They just haven’t found their happiness yet. They hate theirselves because they think they can do nothing right. So they’ll get depressed, and angry, and others can see those people as ‘s’ and won’t like them before they even can show theirselves to others.” “What’s your point omfg.” “My point is, don’t judge someone without knowing their stories.” I have the feeling that we’re not alone in this place. Is someone spying us? Kai stands up. “Hyung, you’re really a wonderful person. I gotta go. Bye.” He walks away.

 

I don’t think I’m a ‘wonderful person’ though. I mean, I’m just never good enough for people. I’ll never be good enough for my ‘dad’, who I’ve never seen again since 2 years ago. I also haven’t seen mom for 2 years too. And Zelo… I’m such a bad brother. In my family, I only have contact with Tiffany now. The only thing I’m good at is actually hiding my feelings behind a smile.

 

The ‘Girls Choice Prom’ is in a few days and a few girls have already asked me if I wanted to go to prom with them, but I rejected them all. Not because I don’t like them, I’m actually waiting till an important person will ask me. I bet that will never happen though. Why would Yoona pick me? I see no reason. I’ve ruined it. I need to move on, because I’m such an idiot.

 

I’ve found something out: whenever I feel sad, I should play guitar. And bake cake. I don’t know but I really have something for cake. I just get calm of playing guitar and baking cake. So that’s what I’m gonna do. Just when I’m about to go outside to buy some chocolate, someone’s standing in front of the door.

 

“Hi…” “Yoona?” “No, I’m Spongebob. Of course I’m Yoona.” “Oh well sorry lol.” “It’s okay ehehe.” “What are you doing here?” “I… euhm… do you already have someone for the prom?” What? “No. Who the would want me.” “Excuse me but that person gotta be me??” “You’re kidding me.” “I’m actually not kidding you lol.” She smiles at me. Literally. Smile. “Um yeah sure why not.” “YAY!” The girl hugs me. I feel something that I haven’t felt for so long: happiness. I put my arms around her. “I’m sorry. For being such an lately.” “What are you talking about? You’ve never been an . I was dumb to not see that from the first place.” “But…” “It’s all okay.” She smiles again. I kiss her.

 

Someone comes in. It’s Kai. He looks shocked and runs away. Wow, I never saw him like that. “I gotta go.” I run after him.

 

Yoona’s POV

And now I’m standing alone in the room. I decide to go to the dorm, to Sunny, while screaming and jumping. “OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!” I knock on the door. “SUNNEH! SUNNEH! SUNNEH!” Sunny opens to door. “Is there something? You look like a happy little kid who just got the best rollercoaster ride ever.” “Because I had one!” “What?” “It was not literally a rollercoaster ride but it was one inside me!” “Wait a minute. Sit down. There’s something wrong with you.” I laugh like crazy. Sunny looks confused at me. After a few minutes, I’m back to serious. “Unnie, you need to throw those ideas about Luhan away.” “Why should I?” “Because you’re wrong.” “What?” “Please.” She sighs. “There’s something I never told you about. He… was actually my boyfriend when I was 13 years old. We kept it a secret for everyone, just to keep this away from the press.” “But I was already your best friend at the time? Why didn’t you tell me?” “Literally no one knew about it okay. No one. Not even you. Until now.” “Ok.” “After a few months, he became such an . And that’s why I didn’t want you to end up with him. Yoona, I care about you so that’s why I’ve been a lately, I guess.” “C’mon, you’re not a . Never was and never will.” She hugs me. “Whatever you’ll decide, I’ll always stand behind you. Always.” I hug her back. Finally, everything’s gonna be alright, after two years. Finally.

 

I go to my room, and jump on the bed. I decide to keep a diary starting from today. I don’t know, I just have to keep one now.

 

21 June 2012

I’m so damn ing happy right now. It’s like, everything’s going to be alright with my life. No drama anymore. Just me, my friends and… Luhan. I’m not sure if he’s my boyfriend now. OMG THAT WAS JUST WEIRD. Ok. Tomorrow’s the musical. I’m so nervous. But it’s all okay now. Everything’s gonna be alright. He kissed me. HE KISSED ME. My first kiss. Oh my goodness.

 

Seohyun and I walk to the bus station, where I see Kai. He looks not like himself. He looks depressed. The bus is here, but I’m not going to step in. “Unnie? What’s wrong?” “I’ll be right back, Seo.” Seohyun steps in the bus alone. I go to Kai. “Is there something?” “No.” “But you look so…” “You don’t care anyway.” “I do!” “Oh please. You never cared. You never cared about how I felt. You always scolded me. You never liked me at all.” “But that was because you…” “I know I was an back then! But suddenly… I became to actually have feelings for you. But nevermind.” I never knew all of this. This is quite shocking. I never knew he really felt like this. I thought he faked everything. But he didn’t. I’m sorry, Kai. “Sorry.” “It’s alright.” “No it’s not. I don’t hate you anymore. I hated you before, but you’re actually nice. Let’s start this all over again as friends, please.” “But I want to be more than friends!” “You know that we can’t be that.” “I know you liked me before. What happened?” “I’m sorry buddy. It’s been 2 years. I changed.” “And I changed too. I’m not Jongin any longer, I’m Kai now.” “And I grew up.” Since he doesn’t want to be just friends, I step into the next bus and leave.