Luhan's Comeback

Behind This Smile

 

Luhan’s POV

After 2 years, I still feel guilty about what happened 2 years ago, before I left. Because after that, I returned to my family in Beijing, pretending like nothing happened. I continued practicing, and sometimes the guys came to visit me. Not everyone though. I never saw Kai again. , he’s still mad. I miss talking with him to be honest. My best friend is now Sehun. And… I miss Zelo, Tiffany and… Yoona. I miss her the most actually. What have I done to her. Omg I was such an idiot. I still am. I will never forgive myself for this. So I decided to go back to Korea, after 2 years. Since I have to get back anyway, it’s almost EXO’s debut. See if I can make up things.

 

I’m at a photoshoot of a magazine with other SM artists. I’m standing next to Sehun & Seohyun, I haven’t seen the others yet. Oh, there are the SHINee sunbaes. Taemin & Jonghyun are walking to some other people. I tried to find out who they are and… am shocked. “Gege?” Sehun pokes me. “Yeah, what?” “Oh, nothing.” Seohyun gets it and points to the two others there, Kai & Yoona. “Let’s go there, gege.” I immediately shake my head. “No.” “Why?” “I can’t.” So much emotions right now. I can’t take it anymore.

 

I walked away, to the toilet. “It’s been 2 years now. I haven’t seen them for 2 years. I wonder if they have changed. I should talk to them after such a long time but I can’t. I bet they hate me now.” I shake my head. “No Luhan, you have to do it. If you want everything to be like in the past, then you have to talk to them.” I nod. “Yes.”

 

Just when I’m about to go back, I see another person. Sunny. She’s shocked to see me. “You.” “Sunny noona…” “You’re back.” “Yeah.” “Ok.” It an awkward situation right now. “Why are you back?” “What?” “What are you doing here?” “Attending a photoshoot, as you can see. I guess.” “Make sure that she doesn’t see you.” “Who?” She rolls her eyes and walks away. Apparentely Sunny hates me now.

 

But I still decided to go to Kai. I’m standing behind him and pokes him. He reacts shocked. “… LUHAN.” “Hi.” Everyone heard him screaming my name. Yoona turns around and sees me too. She says nothing. After a few minutes, it’s still quiet. Everyone is looking at eachother and at me. Kai is not happy. “So you’re back huh. After two freaking years.” “Well, you could’ve visited me.” “Why should I? Why the hell should I? You were the one who left. You were the one who left us.” “I’m sorry.” “Is that all you can say now?!” “But what should I…” “You shouldn’t be here in the first place.” I looked around and see that Yoona’s gone. Kai’s gone too now. “It’s all going to be okay, gege,” Sehun says. “No.”

 

Now I see a group of people making selcas with eachother. Taemin, Sehun, Kai, Seohyun & Yoona. And I’m standing here, alone.

 

Yoona’s POV

To be honest, I don’t know what to think now. Should I be angry, like Kai, or should I forget about the past and hug him? What? I thought that I already forgot about him, but apparently I didn’t. He’s back, so are my feelings for him. But I don’t know if he still likes me though. It’s been 2 freaking years. I really don’t know anymore. I’m so confused about everything.

 

Sunny and I are walking outside together, alone. Sunny unnie decides to talk about the sudden comeback of Luhan. “He’s back huh.” “Yeah.” I remember all those little memories from two years ago. How Luhan and I always would order Starbucks, the moments when we laughed and cried together. When we had detention together. But Sunny interrupts me. “Yah! Are you happy that he’s back?” “I don’t know, unnie. Should I be?” “Hell no! Why should you?” “Maybe he just wants a second chance, unnie.” “Pfft.” “But you shipped me and him.” “Yeah, two years ago. I changed my mind. Since he left and ruined you.” “He did not.” “Don’t deny it Yoona, you know he did.” “Not on purpose. Kai is the though.” “But still! Omfg you shouldn’t talk to him okay. He might will hurt you again.” “Don’t worry about me, unnie.” “Just don’t do it okay!” Sunny looks like it’s all too complicated. We decided to go home, where I’ll go to my room. To think. About everything.

 

To be honest, it is all too complicated right now. Just about when the school year almost ends, Luhan comes back. I’m not a person who holds onto the past, but Sunny unnie has a point. He hurted me when he left. I told him that he really shouldn’t leave, but he did anyway. So stubborn and hopeless. After that, I had a depression era. Kai bullied me all the time at school. Sunny & Sooyoung would always defend me against a few of the EXO guys. I don’t know if Luhan knows, but his new best friend Sehun is one of the s who bullied me when he was gone. I actually don’t know why but they did. Kai, Sehun, D.O & Chen. Those retards. But yeah… the one that hurted me the most was… yea… Luhan. And… I don’t forgive him for that. I grab an old picture of me and Luhan and throw it away. “I need to forget him. He’s not worth it. I won’t let myself end up all hurt again. I even had a fight with his dad for him.” I looked at old conversations between me and him on my mobile. I wonder why the hell I have kept this stuff.

 

Luhan: I can’t sleep.

Me: Same. It’s 2AM.

Luhan: Should we go outside or something?

Me: Sure, I got noting to lose anyway.

 

I remembered that we went outside, to lie on the grass, looking at the stars in the sky. And how I looked at his smile all the time. His smile. His perfect smile. A smile that has many scars behind it. I used to see him cry. Really bad. But I cried way more times, because of him. Kai texts me suddenly.

 

Kai: Come outside.