Pick Someone and Give Up

Behind This Smile

 

Yoona’s POV

This night has been really bad. I can’t sleep. I kept thinking. I said that I didn’t like him anymore. I said that I wouldn’t forgive him. All lies. I still like him. I actually want him next to me. I actually want my first kiss to be stolen by him. I actually want to scream to everyone ‘I’M YOONA AND I’M IN LOVE WITH LUHAN.’ Oh my God, yes. But I know I can’t. It’s not that easy to confess in front of people who would do anything to stop it. Sunny and Kai. They really don’t want it, do they? I don’t see the bad thing about me and Luhan together. I really don’t. I kept thinking, at 4am. Wait. Maybe this time, I should be the one who fights for the other person. Luhan would’ve always fight for me. So this time, I’ll fight to get him. No matter what everyone says. I need to get him back. Right now. After I get some sleep.

 

I wake up confidentely, because I planned something. Since it’s weekend today, I decided to do something fun with Luhan, if he wants to. So I go to the EXO dorm and ask if he’s there. The guys said that he’s not here. “What? Where did he go?” Suho shrughs. “I don’t know. He didn’t tell us where he went.” Kai is surprised. “Wait, what day is it today?” “Saturday.” “No, what date is it today?” “The 15th. What’s wrong?” “Oh, nothing.” That sounded like a lie. I’m really curious now. What the is wrong with June the 15th?! “Yah! Is there something today?” “No, nothing. It’s just 10 years since Luhan’s dad died.” What? OMG. “Do you also know where he went?” “I don’t know. Don’t ask me that. Jeez.” Sehun comes up with an idea. “Maybe he could be at his old home. If he’s not there, at Starbucks? You can try go there.” “Okay, thanks.” I pat his back and go.

 

The first place I’m going is Starbucks. But he’s not here. “Sehun also said something about Luhan’s old home. But I’m scared to go there…” I don’t know if I should go there or not. “But wait! I got his number. Omfg that I haven’t thought of that earlier!” I call him. Thank God he doesn’t ignore my call. “Hi…” His voice sounds weird. I’m starting to get worried. “You sound weird. What’s wrong?” “Ani, nothing.” Why do boys like to hide their feelings? OTL. “Where are you?” “I’m somewhere. Don’t worry about me.” “But I want to do something fun with you.” After that, it kept quiet. It’s like he doesn’t know what to say. “Umm… with me? Why me? Why not Kai?” What the actual ? “Why him?” “Why not?” I sighed. “What the actual Luhan. Look if you don’t want to do something fun with me, just say it. Then I’ll leave you crying alone. Your choice.” Just when I’m about to hang up… “Wait!” “Hmm?” “I’m at the park, where I always was two years ago.” Oh, that place. I know that. “Okay. I’ll be coming.” And now I hang up and take the taxi to the park.

 

It’s raining like crazy when I arrive there. I see Luhan sitting there, I sit next to him. He really looks not okay. “Are you okay?” “Good that you’re here.” I smile to him. “Really?” “Yeah. I actually want someone to sit next to me today. I thank you to be here with me. You know how much my dad meant to me.” The only thing I could do is smiling. He actually really still likes me. I cannot.

 

Kai’s POV

I’m right now worried about that everything I do is actually hopeless now. Like, really useless. If Yoona still likes Luhan, then it’s end of story for me. Then it’s over for me and then I have to give up. I feel really weak right now, so I ask Kyungsoo for help. “Hey, Kyungsoo hyung.” “Kai waddup?” “I need to ask you something right now. About girls.” Kyungsoo laughs. “HAHA that’s funny man. You, the biggest player out here, ask for help. Welp.” I hit his arm. “Please, be serious idiot.” “Okay okay… ehm… I know you like Yoona noona, hehe.” “Yeah okay good for you and now help me.” “So you want her.” “That would be nice, yea.” “Too bad bro, she likes someone else.” “No she’s not. She said that she wasn’t.” “Dude, girls are almost never honest with telling their crushes. I thought someone like you knew that already. When she said that she didn’t like Luhan anymore, she lied. I know that she did, and she didn’t even tell that to me.” Well okay, that hurted. That just really hurted me. Thinking that I’m going to lose. Me, losing. I never lose.

 

The next day are the first repetition of the school musical, which Yoona got the female lead role in. I know that I did many bad things to her, but I’m going to make that all up, by a nice prank. Because I’m ing hilarious like that. Suho, Chen, Kyungsoo and I decided to dress like scary retards, to let those girls freak out. I bet they’ll laugh after that. Yoona likes guys who she can laugh with, so yay.

 

The guys and I put the masks on and runs in the dressing room. We’re screaming like monkeys and the first girl who started to scream is a girl named Jiyeon. Yoona is confused. “What the ?” Then I turned the lights off. Everyone starts screaming now. The guys and me are laughing so hard right now, but the girls… Yoona turns the lights on again and starts hitting me. Ouch, that just hurted. Jiyeon bumped into the wall when she ran and her head is bleeding now. Oh my God. I hear Yoona screaming at me and ran away. I didn’t know that a little joke would be bad like this. Omg I’m scared and guilty now. Where’s Jiyeon? I have to apologize to her.

 

I find Jiyeon sitting outside, I go sit next to her. “Hey, you okay?” “Yea.” “Really? You should go to the hospital, because… your forehead…” Jiyeon smiles. “It’s okay. It doesn’t even hurt actually, but Yoona unnie went crazy.” “I know…” “You like her, don’t you?” “Huh what.” “Oh please, I know you do. You try to be funny but it always end up bad. Poor you. You really don’t have luck lately.” “How do you know?!” “I’ve watched you three for a month now. You, Yoona and Luhan.” “And?” “Looks like you really should give up now. Before that girl will see you as enemy.” She’s right. I failed. It’s time to give up, after 2 hopeless years. Jiyeon pokes me. “If you really love someone, you gotta make that person happy. If she’s happy, then you should too. And apparentely, she’s much happier with Luhan so… sorry bro. Let her go. For your own sake. Move on. You’ll find someone.” I nod. “You’re right, Jiyeon. Thanks.” I give up.