Almost Gone

Behind This Smile

 

author's note: because it was my birthday on 8th august i decided to make bigger chapters from now on :) and thanks to sweetmans for this new poster!

Yoona’s POV

I couldn’t sleep last night because the only thing I could think of is Luhan’s sad face. He’s leaving. He really is leaving, in a few days. But why? Wtf is wrong with his dad?! I have the feeling that I need to talk to him. I really don’t want this. Luhan needs to stay here, with us.

 

I get very surprised when I enter the classroom. Luhan’s not here and Kai sits next to my seat. “What are you doing here?” “I missed my own seat.” “Are you kidding me?” “Yah, calm the heck down okay.” “Pfft.” I try to ignore him and focus on my English textbook while he’s chewing a gum. The teacher looks around the class and sees that one seat is empty. “Xiumin, who should be sitting next to you?” “Ehh… Luhan.” “Where is he?” “I don’t know. This is so not him.” “Indeed. He’s a good student. Do you have maybe an idea where he could be, Jongin?” Kai doesn’t pay attention at all. I poke him. “What?” “The teacher is talking to you idiot.” “Oh, what’s up?” The teacher rolls her eyes. “Where is your best friend?” “Do I look like I know everything? No, I don’t know where he is.” I poke him again. “Yah! Can’t you be nice once?! What the hell.” He looks like he really doesn’t care at all. . ing . C’mon, it’s your best friend.

 

I tell the girls about this. Tiffany is shocked because she didn’t know a thing about this. The last time that she saw Luhan was yesterday at home. She blames herself for this. “It’s all my fault. I didn’t take care of him when he needed it the most. And now he ran from home. I can’t forgive myself for this.” I pat her back. “Unnie, it’s not your fault.” “But I could’ve watch him leave, instead, I was being too busy with some stupid ice cream.” Sunny looks confused. “Is it the ice cream’s fault now?” Tiffany hits slighty Sunny’s arm. “Not funny, jeez.” I come with an idea. “Let’s search him.” “How?!” “I don’t know!” Tiffany’s panicking and calls Zelo. When she tells him the news, he’ll freak out too. Everyone’s freaking out. Is that what he wanted?! Where could that pabo be?! What the hell is he doing?!

 

We’re about to go to the shopping centre, to go search there. But Sunny grabs my hand and takes me in Starbucks Coffee. “Hey.” “What?” “Do you like him?” “Who?” Sunny rolls her eyes. “Please. Luhan. Do you like that guy?” “Huh?” “OMG stop denying! I can see that you’re denying it! You don’t like Kai, but you like Luhan. Am I right or am I right?!” I was already confusing about this but Sunny forces me to choose someone right now. . “Err…” “Tell me!” “I…” “I’m your best friend, I won’t tell this to anyone if you don’t want to. Just… nod if it’s Luhan.” I nodded. Sunny reacts surprised. “I knew it! I’m shipping you two so hard right now.” I rolled my eyes and go outside.

 

Kai’s POV

Everyone’s searching for that guy, except me. Looks like my plan is working. I think that Yoona finally realized that I’m not the one for her. Even though my plan is finally working, why do I not feel happy about this? She definetely kinda hates me, why am I angry at myself? Why am I feeling like I have ruined something? Why do I feel like everytime she gets closer me, that I don’t want her to leave, or something. What the , what am I thinking? Do I like her?

 

We searched everywhere at Myeongdong but we couldn’t find that idiot named Luhan. What is that guy doing? Dissapearing like this and make everyone worried. Even his family didn’t know anything until we told them that he left. His dad immediately blame me. Because I’m the ‘bad guy who influenced him too much’, while his mom blame Tiffany noona. Because she ‘didn’t took care of him when he needed it’. But to be honest, I blame the parents. I swear, those two are the most worse parents ever. They just pretend that they love their son but they don’t. Only because he’s a singer. Only because he doesn’t want to take his dad’s job over. That’s why they’re so strict at him. Oh my God, that is so disgusting.

 

I’m getting tired of searching the whole day, I decide to go home. “Yah! Where are you going?” It’s Yuri. “You don’t understand.” “What?” “Leave me alone.” Yuri looks confused while I get back to home, but I don’t care at all. This all is just bull to me right now and… who do I see on the road? Luhan.

 

 

Luhan’s POV

Kai stands in front of me. . “What are you doing here?” “A better question would be… what are YOU doing here?!” “Huh?” “Everyone is worried about you! Seriously!” “Really?” “Yeah, idiot!” “Oh.” Looks like Kai is angry. “’Oh.’ Is that all what you can say?!” “Look…” “You’re going to give up on everything?! You’ve worked so hard, for a 15-year old.” “What do you mean? The only thing that I’ve done lately is chasing after a girl that doesn’t want me.” “Oh my God please.” “What?” “Sit down, gege.” He lets me sit down on the ground. “So… are you going back to China? Alone?” “I guess so…” “Please don’t.” “Why should’t I? I can also make carrier there.” “But you have friends here. Don’t you care about us, a little bit? And what about Yoona? She needs you.” “No, she needs you. Take care of her, alright?” I try to stand up and walk away but Kai stops me. This gets a bit annoying. “Dude, let go of me.” “But gege…” “I have a reason why I’m doing this. I see that you and Yoona will look great together. You guys are playful and I ship you two.” “… What?” “Yeah. It’s time for me to give up.” I walk away while Kai is screaming. “What happened to you?! What happened to my gege, my hyung?! What happened to Luhan?! The only person I can see now, is a loser who just gave up on everything! I don’t know if you see it, but I can see that Yoona has gave up on me. I heard her and Sunny talking. She doesn’t like me anymore. She has fallen for you, idiot. Look, our plan is finally working!” I really want to believe his words, but that can also be lies so that I will stay here. I’ll leave tomorrow.