Why He Didn't Show Up

Behind This Smile

 

Kai’s POV

That girl thinks that she can come into my life without my permission and say what I have to do? Who does she think that she is? My mom? Hell no. And people say that she likes me. Ok. Well… I’m not going to like her in this way. But how can she like me? It seems like she’s more close with Luhan. So how the hell… can she like me? Maybe Luhan knows, since he’s the only one of the boys that is close with her. Speaking about Luhan, where is he?

 

That guy doesn’t show up at the practice room. Then there must be something with his family… that’s the only reason why he shouldn’t come to practice… but maybe… is Tiffany here? Then I should go to SNSD’s practice room.  And speaking about SNSD… there’s Yoona.

 

So I said hi to her. “Hey.” “Oh. Hi.” “About school…" “Oh, it’s okay. I was being stupid. Don’t mind my personality.” “Oh, okay. But anyway, did you see Tiffany?” “Yeah, she’s in our dorm. Why?” “Oh, nothing.” I tried to walk away but she stopped me. What the…? “Why are you asking for Fany unnie?” I don’t answer that. “Yah! Kim Jongin! Answer me! I don’t think that’s a hard question, does it? Or is there something that I can’t know? Even though I’m closer with Fany unnie than you.” I sighed. This girl… “Fine. I’m searching for Tiffany noona because I need Luhan for something. He isn’t in our dorm.” “Luhan? He must be at home… with Zelo.” “That’s right. Hey, do you have some spare time today?” If she thinks that this is a date or something, then she must be crazy. It’s only for the guy who she’s close with. She looks weird at me. “You want me to go with you to Luhan’s house? Why me?” “Well… I don’t know. I thought of you.” What? She giggles. “Okay kiddo, sure! I’ll go there with you!” Oh my God. What did I just say? I thought of her? I did not! I did… OMG Kim Jongin you crazy .

 

Luhan’s POV

I feel bad for not coming to the boys’ dorm today. But I just can’t. I can’t come there with a weak smile on my face. That fight that I had with that guy, my ‘dad’ today…

 

F l a s h b a c k

I came home after hanging out with Yoona. My parents looked at me like they were waiting for me or something. Zelo looked like a zombie. “What…? Why are you guys looking to me like that?” My mom sighed. “Kid… are you hiding something?” I looked confused to her. “What? Why should I…” She showed me something on the internet. Getting close with a trainee? “What… the… …?” “C’mon, please, how much do I have to say it again? She’s just a friend. Seriously.” Zelo said. I kept looking confused. ‘Dad’ got angry. “First you get into this showbizz business without my permission, and then you get ‘close’ with this girl? Why are you even in SM Ent.? What’s so good about them? What’s so good about being a trainee?” So he thinks that everything I do need his permission? His? Oh my God he isn’t even my dad. Oh please! I got really angry. “Oh, and why are you speaking? Who are you? My dad? Are you serious? My dad’s last name is Lu, and guess what… that’s not your last name. That’s mine. I got my dad’s last name. That means that you’re not my dad. Why are you even here? Where’s my dad?” I got so angry that I amost cried and I was screaming. “Where is he? I want my dad back! Not you!” My mom got shocked. “Luhan… not now.” She held my hand, but I didn’t want her to. “Mom, let go!” Zelo came with an idea. “Hyung, let’s go outside. Before something bad happens. Or… something stupid and hopeless…” I nodded and we went outside.

 

Someone stands in front of our house. I open the door and… omg… Yoona and Kai. Yoona waves. “Hi!” Kai waves too. “Hi hyung.” I never saw those two coming. Together. Those two. Together.