Notice Me

Behind This Smile

 

Kai’s POV

I just texted Yoona to come outside. We need to talk, right now. I didn’t expected Luhan to be back this fast. Two years. Yes, that’s fast. I expected him to never come back, to be honest. I see Yoona from afar and wave. She doesn’t look happy. “Hi.” “Dude it’s very late. What do you want.” “I need to talk to you about something.” Yoona sighs. “Lemme guess, Luhan?” “How do you…” “Everyone asked me about him. Omg.” “Do you still like him?” I see her thinking, and shaking her head. “No.” What? “You’re kidding me.” “No I’m not kidding you. People change. Everyone changes. So I changed too.” So I ing bullied her for nothing? Ok. “Okay. That was all what I wanted to know.” I go back inside. Yoona is totally confused. I’m so done with this. All those and lies of the past two years for nothing. She wouldn’t understand this at all but I bullied her for Luhan. For him. Just to make sure that she really likes him and not me. But nevermind. It’s hopeless now anyway.

 

The next day I decided to talk to Sunny. At least someone must know this. Sunny and I meet eachother at school, at the lunch break. I told her to keep this a secret. “Yeah sure Jongin, just tell me the secret.” “You know what’s been happening for the past 2 years, right?” “Of course. You and your friends bullied my Yoongie.” “You don’t know the reason.” “Oh okay tell me the damn reason!” “You swear that you will keep this a secret. Only you can know this.” “Yea yea tell me.” “It was because I shipped her and Luhan.” “What?” I tell her a memory from two years ago.

 

F l a s h b a c k

“You have an idea,” Luhan says to me. “Of course.” “What?” “See detention as one hour to get close with that girl. You have one hour to make the first step.” “That’s hard. She likes you.” “Forget about me! Just tell all my bad sides. Everything bad that I have done. Make sure that she’s going to totally hate me. I really don’t care! Think about yourself man! This is your chance! Fighting!” Yoona’s actually not that bad to me. I’m actually beginning to like her. But I have to bully her for the sake of my best friend. She has to be hurt by me and she has to hate me. So that she realizes that Luhan is so much better. Then I’m happy. Then we’re all happy.

 

Sunny looks confused. “So all these time you did it for…” “It’s all hopeless anyway.” “Wait… you like her too?” “What?” “A girl can feel things like this. You like Yoona, don’t you?” Too bad, I do. “Maybe.” “Omg that’s a yes! I ship. You can still get a second chance. Be very nice to her. Like, very nice. She can’t like Luhan again. For some reason, I don’t really like him.” “Same.” But he really has a chance to get her back. . She’s mine. Even though I ruined it at the beginning. He ruined it too so we’re the same actually then. Yea.

 

But when I see Luhan walking, omg he’s so flawless. He’s seriously competition. Everyone’s screaming his name. He’s already the most popular guy at school.

 

Luhan’s POV

Suddenly I got many fans, and it’s not even my debut yet. Or they all heard the story. But I don’t give a . They can do what they want. The only thing I want right now is getting my old life back. Getting all my old friends back, my family, and someone that should be mine. So I need to be the ‘cool’ old Luhan again.

 

When I walk in the classroom, this is what I see. Everybody starts to stare at me. I see the place that used to be my seat, next to Xiumin. I sat there before I switched with Kai. I’m scared to do that again so I go to my old seat, from two years ago. I wonder if Xiumin still sits next to me. Kris and Sooyoung walk inside. Their looks have changed. Duh, you can’t keep the same look for two years. Kris looks like he’s walking the freaking runway and Sooyoung’s new hair is cool. And then I see Yoona, Kai & Sunny. Kai and Yoona wave to Sunny, who walks in her class. The two of them are laughing. I feel like my stomach got punched. Yoona grabs Kai’s shoulder. And I got hurt. Yay. Xiumin sits next to me, like the good old times. He pats my back. “Gege, you ok?” “Huh, what?” “You’re looking like your stomach just got punched.” “True story.” “What?” The teacher comes in too. “Baozi, that’s not your place.” I laugh and clap like a retarded seal. “Did he seriously said ‘baozi’?! HAHA.” But the teacher doesn’t find it that hilarious. “The one that should sit next to you is miss Yoona. Mister…?” He points at me. “I’m Luhan.” “You should be new because Yoona sat the whole year alone.” Lol this gotta be fun. Kai looks irritated when Yoona sits next to me. Good for him. But Yoona ignores me. “Hi.” She doesn’t respond. I try it again. “Hey.” This time she responds. “Hai.” But it feels like we’re actually miles away from eachother. I don’t feel the chemistry between us from two years ago. I feel a bit uncorfortable here. It’s all awkward right now. It’s like we’re strangers again. This hurts so much.

 

And it hurts even more when it’s the lunch break. Everyone’s talking about me in the hall. “Do you guys know that Luhan’s back?” “Oh yeah, he’s so cute!” “Lol I know right.” “But he likes Yoona.” “Omg still?” “Still?” “Yea, it’s been two years. I thought he already forgot about her.” “Apparentely not. I’m in his class and I saw him looking at her like all the time.” “Just when I’m about to ship YoonKai, he comes.” “To be honest, Luhan’s damn hot.” Okay that one made me laugh. I kept walking and see an ad for the school band. “Interesting… I should sign for this.” So that more people will see me. So that Yoona can see me. I write on the application confidentely as a singer.

 

I do audition and they already pick me. Omg I’m so happy because our first performance is on the school musical. I heard from people that Yoona plays the female role. And some guy named Hyunwoo playes the male role. Since I don’t know him, I think I shouldn’t be jealous or something. The only thing that’s in my mind right now, is the performance that I have to practice with the band. And I think it’s time for a new haircut too.

 

I look in the mirror at home in the dorm and say: “Stay strong. There are so much more behind this smile.”