The Beginning

Behind This Smile

Yoona's POV

-2010-

The promotions of our newest song ‘Run Devil Run’ are over, we have a break for now. The summer break is also over so we have to go back to school, and meet our new class. Because of the age differences we’re not all in the same class. I share class with Sooyoung, but my best friend Sunny is one year older than me so we’re not in the same class. I can talk a lot to Sooyoung too, but I’m more comfortable with Sunny. “Hey buddy!” It’s Sooyoung. “Hi Sooyoung!” “OMG have you seen our new class?" Why? Interesting guys? Don't make me laugh. "No I haven't. Why?" Well, there's a guy in this class... I bet Sooyoung's going to say that. And I'm right. "Well Yoongie, there's a guy in this class who's so interesting!" I'm not interested in this, so I reacted like I couldn't care. "Oh my God, Sooyoung please. School first, then boys." Sooyoung doesn't care about school at all. Her life is all about SMTOWN & boys. "Im Yoona you nerd." Yes, I'm a nerd. Since my birth buddy. She points at the guy. "Isn't he handsome? He's also one of SM's new trainees!" Now it's getting interesting. The boys sees us and smiles to us. Sooyoung was right. He is handsome as hell. "Is... is that... him?" He comes to us. "You two are from SNSD, right?" The only thing that we could do is nodding. "We're Yoona and Sooyoung." The boy bows to us. Sooyoung blinks like crazy. "And you are?" "Oh sorry. I'm Kim Jongin." Kim Jongin. "And I'm an SM trainee, that means that you two are my sunbaes." Sooyoung and I smiled. "Yes, we are, Jongin," I said shyly. He walked away, I didn't know what happened to me. What is this? What is this feeling in my stomach? Is this called 'love at the first sight'? What the no. Never. I'm forever alone. Not Kim Jongin. "Yoona! OMG what happened to you?! You were smiling all the time and... you were shy? How sweet!" I wanted Sooyoung to shut the up. "I was just polite to him, Soo. Polite." "But what's the shy part? How come that a sunbae is shy to a trainee?" I've been caught. "Euhm..." I bet she's going to tell this to the other girls at our dorm after school.

 

We're back from the first day at school and some girls are cooking, while other girls are watching tv. Sooyoung hasn't told the story yet, but that will come. I'm sure of that. She walks into the room, now it's going to come. Sunny sits next to me. "How was your day, saengie?" I said "Fine." Sooyoung sits next to me too. "Sunny unnie, it's more than fine!" I denied it immediately. "No!" "Yes!" Sunny gets curious. "Is there something? Something... interesting?" Sooyoung nods. I shake my head. "There's not." "Don't believe her, unnie. She's denying it all the time! Let me tell the whole story!" If I didn't love Sooyoung, I would've kill her. Right now. The others began to sit around us too, seems like everyone is curious. What, the, hell? Sooyoung began to tell the whole story. "Okay, everyone. Let's just get my facts straight. Yoona likes someone." Everyone starts fangirling and I'm shocked. "WHAT?! I NEVER SAID THAT!" All the girls are hell damn curious. "Who is it?! Who is it?! How old is he?!" "It's the most popular guy at this school, Kim Jongin. Also known as Kai." God damn it, Choi Sooyoung. "That's so cute, saengie," Sunny said. "No it's not unnie. No. It's not even true. Sooyoung's lying." "Yah! Do you call me a liar?" "Yes!" I'm so pissed now. And I'm also angry at this girl. Just let me lock myself in my room and never come to school again. So embarassing. Kim Jongin? What Kim Jongin? I don't like him, do I? No, I don't like him. But maybe...?

 

Author's note: The words that are written in violet are Yoona's thoughts