Hyuna

That someone is YOU

Hyuna's POV

I wonder why mom wanted me to be in a fancy restaurant wearing a fancy dress. I sighed, I hate wearing this kind of clothes and going to these kind of places. I hate being wealthy. Because I have this feeling that this would be another arranged marriage my mom and dad were trying to force me. 

I bowed to my parents' guest and politely introduced myself. "Annyeong-haseyo, my name is Hyuna. It's a pleasure to meet you." They both smiled at me. "It's also a pleasure to meet you Hyuna my dear. Have a sit." That woman said. I guess, she's mom's friend or dad's partners in business.

"Where's your son?" My mom asked. Man! I knew it. Another arrange marriage. "He'll be here soon." She smiled at us.

Few minutes later, someone spoke up. "I'm sorry I'm late. Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Ahn Daniel." My eyes widened as I heard him. I looked up and saw no other than Daniel himself. What the heck is he doing here??

His eyes also widened when he saw me. "Sit down Niel. Where's your manners?" Mrs. Ahn told him as he obeyed.

"I hope you guys are not shock and probably know what's the meaning of this." Mr. Ahn started. I nodded. I can't believe he would agree to this!

"Mr. Ahn and I had been business partners before you guys were born and we already planned all of this when you were in your mom's tummy. I hope you two get along." My dad simply said as I kept quiet. I couldn't betray my friend like this! Even though it's not my decision, it's like cheating on your best friend.

Within seconds, Niel stood up and apologized. "I'm sorry for being rude but I, Ahn Daniel never agreed to this engagement." With that, he left. "I'm so sorry for my son's sudden behavior Mr. and Mrs. Kim. We'll talk to him." They nervously said. My parents can only nod.

"You better talk to him. Or else... I don't know what will happen to your company." My dad said and decided to leave. I looked at Daniel's parents, they seemed mad.

When we were already at home. "Wow, Hyuna that was the first you didn't refused. I guess, that's a yes?" My mom excitedly asked me. I shook my head. "Mom, due to all respect I have for you, I don't want this marriage. I don't want to be forced to get married. no one wants that." I told her.

"Hyuna my dear. According to your diary, i don't think you're being forced since you like him right?? until now? And you're afraid to hurt your friend? Well, that's life." My mom told me. I like him... until now but I can't afford to lose my bestest friend in the whole world! But..finally.. i can be with Niel oppa. NO! This is all wrong!! Should i tell Hani?? 0.0

"But mom..are you confident that he likes me back? So what if i like him?? I can't betray my friend!" I told her honestly. "Tsk tsk. Hyuna-ah, I told you. You can't trust anyone in this cruel world. Not even your bestest and closest friend. When the time comes, they will also betray you twice as bad. And she'll get over with it. If she's your best friend, she can sacrifice for your and Niel's happiness." "But mom--" I was cut off when I heard my dad calling my mom.

"I'll talk to you later Hyuna." My mom smiled at me and went to where dad is.

I'm in trouble. I don't know what to do. I'll talk to Niel tomorrow about this!