Replaced with a Promise

One More Chance [Hiatus]

The atmosphere between the two girls was thick and awkward. Yunji still smiled as she was glad to finally have a sister, It didn’t matter to her that they weren’t blood related. On the other hand Heeyoung didn’t know what to say, she was silent. It’s not that she doesn’t want a stepsister. It’s just that she was scared, What if she’s like all the other girls at her school. Her life had twisted what if she was the evil step sister like in the movies? The girls in her life were never role model-like.

 Being Heeyoung : she threw away her depressed and sad attitude and put on a cheerful and happy one, temporarily. Bye Bye depressed Heeyoung, for now.  

 “Hi Yunji, I’m Heeyoung. Nice to meet you” She lightly bowed and held out her hand. “Oh you seem familiar. Have we met before?” Yunji studied her face. Heeyoung was startled but then she realized Yunji also looked familiar. “Ah~ you go to my school right?” Heeyoung beamed. “Oh, No wonder. I’m older than you bye a year, so I might have seen you around” The older one said. “Oh you’re an unnie then” Heeyoung giggled.

----------

After dinner with the future family and another heart warming conversation, Yunji and her father left. Heeyoung was at the sink washing the dishes and Ms.Kim was slowly walking up the stairs. “Yunji is one sweet girl, She’d be the best daughter” She yawned with heavy steps up the stairs. A tear rolled down Heeyoung’s eye as she leaned over the counter. Ms.Kim went to sleep leaving behind a tired and heart broken Heeyoung.

 Hastily Heeyoung went through the halls to her room, and collapsed on her bed. She laid her hands on her stomach and starred at the ceiling. Only God knows what she thinks about. She was silent; the only thing that was heard was the chirping of the crickets. Suddenly a faint sound of vibrating echoed through her small room, it was her phone signaling that she had received a text. She rarely received texts.

 She gently pulled her phone out of her pocket. ‘1 New Message’. She hesitantly pressed that message. ‘Hey Heeyoung~ Wanna grab some lunch tomorrow? Anyways goodnight ^_^’ – The Very Handsome Sehun. When she read those words and instant smile appeared on her face. Especially when she read who it was from, all of the boys wrote wacky names in her contacts. She sat there wondering what to text back. She typed furiously then deleted it, and the process went on and one. Until she found the perfect words to say. ‘That’d be great J Sweet dreams ;)’

 With that she went to bed tired, emotionally. She was too overwhelmed with what had happened in just one day. But when she reached out for her plush toy, she fell asleep with a smile.

----------------

After a long morning of white dresses, Heeyoung was tired. Ms.Kim wanted a specific dress for her to wear, thankfully it wasn’t revealing. Heeyoung felt a whole weight lift of her shoulders the exact minute her eyes came into contact with that dress. It was a long dress that reached the bottom of the ground, covering her legs. The sleeves ended at  the top of her shoulder, buy thankfully came with long gloves that ended half-way up her arm.. Only did she cut elbow down, but still she was scared. The dress looked kinda vintage ,covered in lace. Heeyoung didn’t love but, she didn’t hate it.  The looks in her eyes were a mixture of relief and fear. Even though they both were the exact opposite.

 On the other hand Yunji was happy to attend a wedding, let alone her own fathers. She smiled as she looked into the mirror, each dress fit her perfectly. Her dress was a sleeveless dress that ended above her knees, her dress made entirely out of silk.  Everyone failed to notice the little marks that stained her skin. Yunji was looking in the mirror when, she saw Heeyoung behind her with a blank expression. That one expression had a mysterious meaning to it. Yunji couldn’t explain it, So she looked at her future stepsister and gave her an encouraging smile.

Ms.Kim loved engaging conversation with Yunji. From her bright and happy responses to the understanding nods. Leaving Heeyoung distant from her own family. With a simple ‘Mom I’m going now’ She slipped out and her mom nodded. Before happily turning back to Yunji with a laugh, Heeyoung hasn’t heard in years.

----------------

 “What are we doing here?” Sehun’s soft voice echoed thought the trees. Heeyoung just sat there beside him drawing slow breaths with her eyes shut closed. She took one last breath before responding. “ Let’s just say this is where I go to relieve stress”

 The two just sat. Both eyes shut and absorbed in their thoughts. After a while Heeyoung opened her eyes and sat quiet. “Why are we here? Did you have a bad day?” Sehun asked worriedly. “No, I just want to show you this place. It’s really dear to me and I treasure it more than anything. You told me a secret, I’ll tell you mine” She explained with a sly smile. “This place really is breathtaking, How did you find it?” He asked causing Heeyoung to close her eyes.

*Flashback

 “1,2,3 Open your eyes, dear” Mr.Kim’s hoarse voice said and he uncovered his daughters eyes. “Wahh, this place it cool, appa” Heeyoung voice peeped. “I though we can adventure and walk through here, even though it’s pretty small. I bet we can make a lot of memories here” He took his daughters small hand in his and they spent the day looking at the scenery.

 “But when appa is gone, promise you’ll never tell anyone about this place. Unless you really trust them and cherish them, like me” he laughed but then was followed by a heavy cough.

“Promise” The father and daughter said in unison, interlocking their pinkies and pressing onto each others thumb.

*End of Flashback

 “Well, when I was little my dad showed me this place. He’d take me here and play, walk around and talk. We’d look for insects like butterflies. This place really helped me when I was growing up and it still does. I go here when I need an escape; the atmosphere just calms me down. Before my dad died he told me that I should never tell anyone about this place” She explained again but Sehun frowned at her past.

 “Unless you trust that person. So promise you’ll never tell anyone?” She held out a pinky. Sehun nodded cutely and did the same. “Promise” They locked their thumbs.

 “Thank You, I won’t tell anyone” He smiled because Heeyoung had trusted him and more importantly opened up. But she hadn’t opened up, barely actually. 

===========
Sorry for not updating alot, AFF's been down alot. I keep rushing to get to the end, but I don't know what to put in the middle :P