Big Changes

One More Chance [Hiatus]

When I saw their smiles, instantly I brighten up. Sehun pulled out of his seat and stood up. I immediately ran to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. Everyone was shocked my my actions, their eyes widened then smiled.

 I hugged him and smiled before whispering “Sehun-ah, Thank you”  “No problem noona” He whispered back. Everything disappeared, Everything seemed brighter. Then, I snapped back into reality. That we were in the middle of the café, embracing each other. We pulled apart at the same time and awkwardly walked back to everyone else.

  I took a seat at the tabled and looked at them, I had a serious face on. Everyone tilted their heads in confusion. I took a deep breathe then broke out into a grin. “Thank you”
 “Oh that? Don’t worry we’ve got your back now, baby girl” Kyungsoo patted my back softly. I guess they really do care, huh?

I stayed quiet lingering in my own world of thoughts. “Hello? Earth to Heeyoung?” Chanyeol waved his hand in front of my face. I blinked and regained focus. “Huh?” Wait , what are they talking about? “We still don’t have your number” Baekhyun pouted. “Oh yeah, here. You guys can put all your number here” I gave my phone to Kyungsoo since he was right beside me.

Suddenly the manager walked towards me. “Heeyoung you have a shift today remember?” She sternly reminded my tapping her foot on the ground and held her hip. “Ah yeh, give me a minute please” I bowed and turned to the boys now fumbling with my phone. “Guys I have to work a short shift. So, If you guys still want to go out I’ll be done in an hour” With that said I my heels and walked off.  

 ----------

I was in the back of the stock room when I suddenly started to cough and my head spun. I quickly ran to the bathroom holding clutching onto  my stomach. What’s happening? I stood in front of the toilet, there my meal was gone. Why? I didn’t eat any bad rice? It looked fine to me. I closed the lid on the seat and sat. My first full meal in days and this is what it decides to give me? I guess this is a sign, my body isn’t ready to stop.

 “Are you okay in there?” A voice called from behind the door. “Yeah, Give me a second” I croaked. I walked to the mirror and looked at my self. This was not me, this was not the ‘chubby cheeks’ I was. At least now I can try to be a skinny like , every other girl. I splashed cold water in my face. Okay, back to reality.

 I opened the door “Heeyoung I think you should go, You’re not feeling well” She patted my back and led me towards my locker. I nodded and took my belongings.

 When I went back to the front, they were still there. I walked up to them and took a seat. “You guys waiting for me?” I asked with a bit of hopefulness in my voice. “Of course we were, oh here’s your phone” Baekhyun responded and handed me my phone. Inside I was really glad they were. “I heard your coughs, your manger told us to take you home” Sehun sternly instructed, but his stern voice was soon replaced with a sincere smile.  

-----

 Before I knew it I was at the front step of my house, With all 6 boys huddled around me. They all said their goodbyes and waved. Slightly disappointed, I waved and waited ‘till hey all turned the block. I slumped on the last step and buried my face onto my knees. Through my legs I could feel the cool night breeze.

 The night scene was silent and nothing else was heard except for the chirping of crickets.   I closed my eyes and recalled my day. Heaving a heavy sigh, I ran my hands through my tangled hair.  I stood up and pulled out my keys. With slightly shaky hands I inserted the key and twisted it. I was curious to know what was on the other side of the door. I had an uneasy feeling and I opened the door.

 I quickly looked down and blinked furiously. With a deep breath I looked up;

 “Hi, I’m Yunji. Your new step-sister”