Society's Monsters

One More Chance [Hiatus]

As Hana and Jaehwa stood there, they put on smirks. "I new that wasn't all just smiles and cuteness. She's a depressed emo freak" Hana spat. Not loud enough for you to here, and not loud enough to echo into the trees. "Let's go before she finds us"

---------

 Jaehwa and Hana sat in the cafe, and sipped their drinks while snickering to each other. "Do you know what this means? If anyone fond out about this no one would like her anymore, more importantly Sehun won't like her anymore" Jaehwa smiled to herself. She didn't know if she liked Sehun or just blatantly did not like Heeyoung, either or she wanted Heeyoung diminished. "Oh, I guess someone jealous. Just admit it, you like him more than she like her" Hana laughed. "Shut up, that's not true" Jaehwa said. Through the evening they continued their chatter. 

--------

The following morning, Heeyoung woke up to face the bright skies and slightly warmer weather of January. Heeyoung pulled a small smile looking at the snow glistening beneath the winter sun. 'Maybe it'll be a better day today' Heeyoung thought optimistically. She grazed her fingers over the little hello kittty doll that sat on her bed, somehow it mocked her. She shook it off and continued to get ready to face the new events of a new day.

She stood in the mirror dressed in the long sleeves shirt and long black pants. Even though it wasn't noticeable, she felt her uniform slowly grow on her. But what was noticeable were her overly pale complection and the bags that stained under her eyes.  She smiled in content realizing that she was finally becoming beautiful. 'I'm almost there'. Heeyoung slipped on her coat and off she was to her school. 

As she trudged towards the building she heard loud chatter and deep laughs of boys. Quickly she tried to fasten her pace not wanting anyone to talk to, as she was happy with the company of her own. "Oh Heeyoung!" Suho yelled, sadly loud enough for her to here. She paused in her tracks, and heaved a big breath, she turned around and gave a big smile while running towards the 6 males. "Hey" She cooed looking up at all the boys infront of her. They all started walking, and not trying to cease their conversation. "And then she was like "Please help me oppa" and then I was like, "Sorry I'm uhh busy. IS THAT YOU JONGIN?" then I ran off" Chanyeol finished telling a story. "I hate girls like that, they are too fake" Beakhyun snickered. I remained silent. At that key word my heart dropped and my stoamach turned, it set me off. That moment all I wanted to do was lock myself up, I wanted to isolate myself from all this. "Yeah, I hate them too" I added, after my silence passed. Throughout the walk, I didn't talk nor respond. In fact I tried to tune everything out, I didn't want to be around anyone. I can't function. It's so scary how one word can turn me into a monster. 

 "See you at lunch Heeyoung!" The guys yelled and waved after me. "Okay" I yelled too. Gratitude. I need to clear my mind. But I can't I have important matter to turn to. Also known as friends, I think that's what  should call them. While I sat in class the clocked ticked aloud. But I still listening and participated even though, I wasn't focused. I was dazed and confused. Hana sent me a note that said "Haven't seen you all day! Up for lunch?". Ironically the lunch bell rang. But I didn't want to go see anyone, I wanted to be alone. "Hey let's go get lunch" Jaehwa held out an arm, that looked anything but inviting. "I was gonna skip lunch and just go finish a project for Mrs.Park, in the library. Sorry I'm just too stressed out" I said trying give off a pained expression, which was easy to accomplish. "Oh I understand, Mrs.Park. Man I hate her" Jaehwa said and without a hesitation she walked away, beside her twin. Both giving me little waves, that looked almost too suspicious.

I opened my locker to take out some money, but when I closed my locker door,Sehun was happily smiling behind it. I looked up in suprise and dissapointment, but also content. "Let's go get lunch" He nodded his head to the right, pointing to the cafeteria. I told them I'd see them at lunch, but.. This is a real dilema. But I can't say no, to Sehun. Someone I've grown closer to, a friend. But there is also my 'best' freinds. "Alright, let's go" I told him. Sehun took my hand in his and led me to the cafeteria. His hand was welcoming, and warm. My heart skipped a beat. I looked at how happy he looked, I did too felt a bit happy. 

But from a distance. Standing at the door were two girls, watching the happy couple make their way to the cafeteria. In particular Jaehwa did not look happy. She in a breath. "That's the last straw" 

-------

After school, Heeyoung skipped out of work and into her paradise. On the log she sat with a smile on her face. The memories from lunch fled through her mind. 'Maybe someone might actually like me'. Instead of being how she usually was. She sat there to admire the beauty that she has missed out on all these years. The cute little waterfall that trailed a soft sound of rushing water, that calming her body. She never noticed how bright the sun shone through the branches of the trees. 

As she sat in her own little world. The rattling and rustling of branches revealed 2 girls. Jaehwa and Hana stood there with death glares. Heeyoung sat there scared and still. They didn't look like that same girls she known she grade school, they looked different. Jaehwa towered over Heeyoung and looked down at her. "I need to talk to you" 









========
Just a short update, I've lost the abilty to write like I did. 
Please be patient, I guess I just need practice.