Just Shrug it Off

One More Chance [Hiatus]

 

There stood Hana and Jaehwa both looked… well disturbed. I mean I would too if I saw that kind of scene. Hana held a tray of food and Jaehwa just stood slightly behind her with her eyebrows furrowed. This was a real surprise I thought they hated me? Well I guess I don’t really know anything about them. “Here I thought you were hungry” Hana said softly handing me the tray. We all took a seat on the soft grass a few meters away from the edge.

 “Heeyoung I never knew you and Sehun were so close?” Jaehwa said smiling. I know that smile the teasing one, I should know. I’ve seen it all before. “Yeah you too were like hitting it off” They teased. “I know right I try my best, you know?” I flipped my hair back. Who am I kidding? I mean I do try I try my best to get good grades and money for my mom, I try to get people to be happy so they don’t see that happiness is the one thing that I lack. “You guys are like in love” Jaehwa mimicked. Me and Sehun? Love? “Pfft, no. He wishes I loved him” I laughed but my eyes were still dark, sad. “Yeah, sure Mrs. Oh”. “But do you at least like him? Or have an attraction to him. You know?” They gave each other knowing looks. “Yeah I guess”

 We did what all teenaged girls did. We laughed, smile and forgot. But I didn’t because the source of my pain was right in front of me. I laughed when things weren’t funny, I smiled when they did something rude, but I didn’t forget. They did cause me pain but aside from that I guess they are okay. We went through a lot and had some well spent times together.

-------------------

 The night dragged on painfully slow, painfully cold. She played unconsiuos, all through the hours. Heeyoung layed her head against the cold glass, beside her was Suho. In the ‘unconsious state’ she could have the mental peace she craved. But to her dismay the bus was louder than before, with the gossip of her friends booming behind her.

 “I know she’s so dumb. Hahaha ‘depression hurts’ that’s a good one, Hana” She sneered. Even when Heeyoung was still there, they still talked about her. By impulse Heeyoung clenched her hand into a tight fist. Slowly her trust diminished, 'I should've done it' She though sorrowfully. Suho was just looking out of the window admiring the beautiful scenery, when he saw the pained expression on her face. 'Maybe it's just a bad dream?' Suho shrugged off the though of such a happy girl experience any sort of pain. Suho heard the gossip of the two girls behind him and he detested it, even though he had no idea who they were talking about, again he shrugged that thought off too. 

After the long bus ride all the students groggily got off the bus. Everyone was sleepy and tired but not as much a Heeyoung. All the girls went home together but of course asking Heeyoung if she wanted a ride home. "Hey Heeyoung, Hana, Minhee and a bunch of us are carpooling, wanna come with?" Yoonhee, a girl in Heeyoungs class asked her. Heeyoung brightened up on the outside and turned down the nice gesture. "I live close it's fine, plus it seems like a nice night too. Thanks for the offer though" She smiled and gave Yoonhee a small hug. When the departed her smile disappeared. When she turned around she faced a sad looking Sehun, again she plastered on a smile. 

 "Where were you? I never got to sit beside you on the bus. They always steal you away from me" He pouted being serious. "Aww sorry Sehunnie but I was really tired on the bus ride and I just sat down and took a nap. I promise I'll sit beside you next time" She patted his head and held out a pinky, which Sehun happily took and locked his with hers. At that exact moment Sehun felt a spark run down his spine and butterflies fluttered in his stomach, and so did she. The honking of Mrs. Oh's car sent Sehun and Heeyoung out of their daze. "Well that's my mom. The guys and I should go now, we have training in the morning" He said and though of all the stain he had in store for tomorrow. "Bye Sehun, see you tomorrow. Bye guys~" She waved to the members behind Sehun. Sehun pulled her in for a quick hug "Sehun, be strong. Don't stress out too much" She whispered in concern. "Sar- You too" He whispered back. She froze internally and waved at the one last time. She stood there still processing Sehun's words. 'Does he know?' She shrugged it off before picking up her school bag and walking into the night. 

----------------------
Sorry for the short update, I'd figure that I should write something