Hidden

One More Chance [Hiatus]

Yunji’s POV
My future step mom and I shared a very heart-warming conversation. But I felt that Heeyoung was feeling … distant. Whatever that feeling was, it was familiar to me. She left the shop and a pang of quilt hit me. I should’ve stopped her. Stopped her from what? That’s a better question. I don’t want to give the impression that I’m rude to my step mom.

There’s just something about Heeyoung that makes you smile and giggle due to her bubbly personality, however there’s that look that’s says otherwise. It’s just something about her that’s mysterious. At times when you see her blank facial expressions, it sets me back. At times I feel like I could relate to her, but how?

----------

Soon I found myself wondering through the streets. Strangely the sidewalks were empty, not even the smell of gas filled the air. This was my new neighborhood; I might as well look around. I tucked my hands in my pockets and plugged earphones into my ears. I discovered a plaza that had a cute little coffee shop, stationary shop, and a convenience store. Then I reached the school, I sat at a swing set the face directly across the school. I took a look at the sky; the sun was now a mix of orange, yellow and red, it stained the clouds. Tired from all the walking I closed my eyes and was absorbed in the music.

Aside from the music I heard a rustle, then small endearing chatter. With voices that sounded somewhat familiar. Hesitantly I opened my eyes and saw a tall, skinny boy walking alongside Heeyoung. Her short frame looked so cute beside his. I wonder who he is? I guess it’s time to Interrogate. I smiled to myself.

When I walked down the street, in the middle of the sidewalk were to hugging figures. Heeyoung stood on her toes while that boy crouched down. They both said goodbyes and left with pink cheeks. Heeyoung puffed her cheecks and proceeded inside, I called for her. She took a second then turned around, with a smile through her puffy cheeks and pink eyes. I jogged up to her and slung my arm around her slightly.

 “Sup Dongsaeng~ Who was that? Hmmm?” I teased making her pink cheeks go even redder. “Just a friend, nothing special” She emphasized on the nothing part. “That doesn’t look like ‘just a friend’ to me. Come on, spill please. I promise I won’t tell anyone. Come on, I though I was your unnie” I faked a sob and put my head down. “Don’t be so silly. Sehun is just a friend. If I say close friend will you stop asking?” She raised a brow and held a secret smile. “If you say so” I cooed with sarcastic-ness present in my voice.

I know they are more than ‘good friends’ or they should be at least.

(End of Yunji's POV)
----------


 “To further learn about the study of sea life and their behavioral patterns we will be taking a night trip to the nearest ocean which is about 2 hours away. Departure is at 4 p.m please be there. Thank you have a good afternoon ” The biology teacher: Mr. Jang said encouraging his students to study further more, while handing the forms to the exiting students. Choruses if thank yous and your welcomes filled the class then faded into a silence as the class was empty for lunch. Except for someone in particular ; Heeyoung. As the students and teacher faded into the hall so did her smile. She sat there with a blank look in her face, she was engrossed in her note books and text books. There was a test coming up and she needed to review and copy a pair of notes for Hana also. At this point her mind was jumbled and her body turned into a walking corpse. She felt dead.

She trailed behind Hana and Jaehwa as they made their way to their lockers. “Here’s the notes you wanted” She said not looking up at them. “Aww thanks chubby cheeks” Jaehwa smiled “Thanks soo much Heeyoung, I can always count on you to come through” Hana gave Heeyoung a hug. Heeyoung put on a plastic smile and looked up at them “ No problem guys, See you tomorrow” She waved off.

Heeyoung dragged herself out of the school about to go to her oasis when she was tapped on the shoulder. “Ayo waddup Heeyoung?” A deep voice spoke behind her. She really didn’t want to see anyone right now but, you know who she is, the one who loves to help and make people happy with the exception of herself. With a final breath she turned around. “Hey Chanyeol, What’s up?” She giggled. “Where is everyone else?” She asked him. “Sehun and Kai are at dance practice. D.O and Baekhyun are at singing lessons and Suho should be here soon. Since you’re me and Suho were going to get some street food, wanna come” He asked “please” He trailed on and as he pled Suho came out of the school and waved at the two. “Chanyeol you don’t need to beg, if she doesn’t want to then there’s nothing we can do to stop her” He told his younger. But of course Heeyoung didn’t want to disappoint. “Lets go~” She cheered linking on the both of their arms and skipping off.


-----------


I know it's a really disappointing chapter but I tried, it's just a filler chapter and so will the next few. I'm trying to build up suspense. Sorry for not updating I’m kind of focusing on the edited ver. Of ICFFY