Confession

It's A LEGIT Love Triangle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHVa6YKMxk

 

"Sungjongie!" a high pitched voice sang as the owner of the voice sat down on a circle table where Sungjong and Hyosung were sitting and comfortably conversing.

"Gina unnie, quiet down.  Everyone's looking at us," Sungjong whispered to the lively girl who just grinned in return.

"Oh, don't worry about them," Gina playfully slapped Sungjong's arm.

Hyosung just stared at them still fazed about the whole Sungjong-is-gay thing.  She just recently found out about it while Gina knew all along.

"Okay, so you've called Gina unnie, 'unnie' all this time?" Hyosung asked bemused.

"Yup, just when there's only the two of us but since you already know about it too, then I could call her unnie in front of you as well," Sungjong explained.

"Wah~ jinjja.  Why do I only know this now?" Hyosung asked obviously mad at the fact that out of them BFFs she was the last to know.  There was also a tint of jealousy knowing that they kept a secret from her.

"Mianhe—" Sungjong was cut off when Gina continuously slapped his arm. "Ow!  Unnie, what's wrong with you?"

"Hot crush at three o'clock," Gina said while looking to her right.

Sungjong and Hyosung followed her gaze and saw no other than Kim Myungsoo.  The hottest most handsomest guy in school.  Well, at least to Sungjong he is. 

Sungjong heaved out a content sigh as he eyed the guy who was smiling delightfully next to a girl who everyone knew as Park Hyejin.  She is known to be the nicest most cheerful girl in school also known to be close with Kim Myungsoo.  At first, everyone thought they were an item but when sophomore year came, they dismissed that thought and just clarified them as being close friends.  They were childhood friends, go figure.

"Lucky ," Sungjong mumbled which earned another slap from the oldest.

"Yah!  Hyejin is a nice girl.  You don't cuss her like that," Gina scolded Sungjong who in return rolled his eyes.  "She even asks me about you guys and how you two are doing when it's not even any of her business."

"Exactly.  She asks you about us when it's not any of her business.  That's a creeper," Sungjong pointed out.

"I asked her about that before.  And you know what she said?" Gina eyed the two in front of her.

"What?" Hyosung asked.

"She said that it's not her business and all that but she still knew you guys since you've been her classmate at one point so she still cares about you guys," Gina explained.  "Now, how thoughtful is that?" Gina turned to Sungjong, "Especially you she asks about you often.  So be nice to her or I'll kick your even if you're my best friend."

Sungjong and Hyosung shrugged the thought away instantly as Hyosung turned to Sungjong and asked, "If you like him then why don't you just go ask him?"

"I can't.  Nobody knows I'm gay.  I would just humiliate myself," Sugjong said.

"Why don't you come out then," Gina chimed in then nudged Sungjong, "You never know maybe you would even get his attention."

"Hell, no!" Sungjong rejected almost instantly.  "I'm definitely gonna be the talk of the school when I come out and I hate being the center of attention." Sungjong then took a glance at Myungsoo, "I don't mind though if I got his attention."

This time Gina rolled her eyes, "Suit yourself."

"Well, you're gonna come out sooner or later.  Why not just do it now?" Hyosung asked.

"I know.  I am planning on it but that's when I get to college.  A lot of people know me here so it's not that easy," Sungjong explained and the two girls nodded.  It's pretty understandable.

------

Woohyun, Dongwoo, and Hoya were also sitting at the same table as Hyejin and Myungsoo.  They are Myungsoo's friends as well.  Beside Hyejin was her friend as well named Kim Hyunah.

"You're gonna confess to him today, right?" Hyunah whispered followed by a giggle.

Hyejin nodded and looked to her left where he was sitting with his friends.  Hyejin smiled then went back to eating her food.

"What are you looking at?" came Myungsoo's question as he looked around to spot where his best friend's attention was.

"Nothing!  Just looking around," Hyejin answered with an awkward grin.

She haven't told him about her little crush.  She doesn't usually keep secrets from him but for some reason she felt like telling Myungsoo about him would not be the best choice.

"Woah.  Why so jumpy?" Myungsoo asked.

"Just eat your food, Kim Myungsoo," Hyejin playfully scolded him.

"Ne, umma," Myungsoo joked followed by a chuckle.  He then ruffled her hair. Hyejin glared at him in return while brushing her now messy hair with her fingers.

---------

The bell rung signaling the end of classes for the day and everyone flooded the hallway.  Hyejin got out of her classroom and coincidentally saw Sungjong walking outside.  She smiled noticing that familiar nikon d800 that hung around his neck.  One of the reasons she likes him is because of his passion for photography.

The feeling of uneasiness flooded her whole body immediately as she remembered the important mission that she have to accomplish.  She clutched the strap of her backpack.

*It's gonna be easy.  I-I'll just say it him straight-forwardly.  No big deal.... right?*

As the distance between them lessened, Hyejin's heartbeat fastened.  At the last minute, she bolted out of his sight and into the back of the school building.

Hyejin leaned in a wall and let her heartbeat slow down.  Her chest going up and down slower every breath and finally she sighed.

*I couldn't do it.*

After a few minutes, Hyejin walked around the school with her head down. Feeling ashamed that she wasn't able to do it.

"Er..... excuse me," came a familiar sounding voice and Hyejin's heart beat rose once again.

She looked up and sure enough there he was looking at her with a frown.  He was holding his camera on his hand.  Hyejin was in a trance for a second but then realized that she was blocking what he was trying to take a picture of.

"O-oh," Hyejin stepped to her right but at the same time Sunfjong stepped to his left.  "Er....." this time Hyejin stepped to her left but again Sungjong stepped to his right and ended up blocking each other again.

Sungjong finally sighed looking pissed but then Hyejin saw this as her only opportunity so without much thought to it she blurted out, "I-I like you.  Would you go out with me?"

No one was around to hear her confession which was a big relief to her.  Sungjong looked around trying to figure out if that was meant for him or to another person who was near by but there was no one else in sight but the two of them.

Sungjong pointed at himself then asked, "Are you talking to me?"

Hyejin nodded.

"Oh," Sungjong didn't know what to say.  He knew for a fact that he have no feelings for her so he said what his true feeling were telling him, "Sorry but I don't date—"

*.... girls.*

He was cut off, however, with that familiar voice, "Hyejin-ah."

Myungsoo came running to them.  He was wearing his soccer uniform and beads of sweat was visible in his forehead.

Seeing the awkward atmosphere, Myungsoo looked from Hyejin to Sungjong, "Oh, am I interrupting something?"

Nobody was able to answer him.  Based on the unfinished sentence that Sungjong said, Hyejin knew that she was getting rejected.  Sungjong on the other hand was in a trance seeing his crush up close.

"If not then," Myungsoo turned to Hyejin, "Let's go home together.  Soccer practice just finished."

Hyejin nodded and they started to walk away but then Sungjong called out, "Wait!" Hyejin and Myungsoo twisted around to look at Sungjong, "Hyejin, right?" Sungjong asked to make sure he got the right name.

"Ne?" Hyejin answered.

Sungjong mustered up all his courage then said, "Sure, I would like to go out with you."

Sungjong glanced at Myungsoo and saw him with wide eyes.  Hyejin on the other hand couldn't believe it.

"J-jinjja?" she asked.

Sungjong walked up to them, "hand me your phone," he demanded while holding out his hand.

Hyejin got her phone out of her skirt's pocket then placed it on Sungjong's soft hand.  Sungjong dialed his own number on her phone then closed it after.

"I'll call you later," Sungjong announced after giving her phone back to her.  Sungjong looked up to her then to Myungsoo, "See ya guys later."

With that, Sungjong picked up his stuff that have been on the ground then jogged the opposite way as them.