Chapter 8

Heart can beat twice

CHAPTER 8

 

(Congratulations for the win! You look absolutely gorgeous tonight. I’m fall in love with every single step and beat in your dance. Your bright smile makes me melt and I doubt - was this smile for me? I’m waiting for you outside the club)

 

 

 

 

Those words, she smiled and happy deep inside her heart. HYOYEON knew the sender immediately; her face turned hot and blushing, she kept on staring the card without even blinking her eyes. Wondering how she knows where HYOYEON right now, HYOYEON feels appreciated. Someone is watching her performance, hoping that she enjoyed her power on the stage too. TAEYEON noticed the puzzled look of her blonde friend and without hesitation, she asked.

 

Tae      : Hyo, is everything alright?

 

 

 

 

Incredibly, HYOYEON did not show any response. TAEYEON creased her eyebrows, wondering why the lady whose should be her second stanza did not reply.

 

Tae      : Hyo?

 

Hyo      : Huh... yes Tae?

 

Tae      : What’s wrong? Is there any bad news in the card?

 

Hyo      : Oh, this card? No, there’s nothing wrong. (Should I tell her about this? No it’s not a big issue, maybe she just wants to congratulate me personally).

 

Tae      : You sure there’s nothing wrong? Not playing hide-and-seek from me right?

 

Hyo      : Yup, it’s from my fan who noticed me around here I guess. I got to go to the restroom. Please, excuse me.

 

Tae      : Do you want me to accompany you? I think you’re not feeling well, you look so nervous and dizzy right now.

 

Hyo      : No, thanks Tae but it’s okay. I’m fine, just don’t worry. You should join the rest to celebrate, you know that? We won and that’s more than great news for us, don’t you think so? I got to go.

 

 

 

 

Even though HYOYEON hates being a liar but she could not escape from saying those double-dealing words with TAEYEON. She decided it is more appropriate to hide about her meet with this sender from TAEYEON first – before the right time is yet to arrive. With her eagle-eyes, after scanning and searching her in the club, HYOYEON decided to walk out from the club for fresh air. From the distance, HYOYEON could see tall lady landing her back at the wall, waving to her. HYOYEON walked slowly, approaching to the lady and gave her warmth smile.

 

Soo      : Our superstar is here (smile).

 

Hyo      : I’m not considered as a superstar yet; it’s just our very first stage debut.

 

Soo      : For me, you already are.

 

Hyo      : (blushing) Thank you – and thanks for the flower. I love rose.

 

Soo      : It’s my pleasure. (wink)

 

Hyo      : You mentioned in the card saying that you want to meet me. What’s that for?

 

Soo      : I want to celebrate your success day today, just two of us.

 

Hyo      : I had to reject, I’m celebrating our victory with my friends today. Hey, maybe you can come along and join.

 

Soo      : I just want to celebrate it with you. Personally.

 

Hyo      : (blushing) But I can’t, we’re all gathered here to celebrate this special day together and I already promise them. Mianhae.

 

Soo      : (sigh) Well, if you say so. As a punishment you owe to me one full day spending the time with me.

 

Hyo      : One Full day?

 

Soo      : You got it right, with no a single excuse.

 

Hyo      : (thinking) Oo… Okay.

 

Soo      : Good girl, now you deserve to receive the present that I bought for you, wait here.

 

 

 

 

SOOYOUNG walked to her car which is parked about a distance away from HYOYEON. It does not take a long time for SOOYOUNG to return back and she came with a big teddy bear in her hand.

 

Soo      : (handed it to HYO and smile) For you.

 

Hyo      : (smiling and look at SOO) Wah, it’s so cute. Thank you

 

Soo      : (she leaned closer to Hyo’s face and without hesitation she kissed her right on her lips) This is the right way on how you should thank me for the present. (wink)

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                  With the swift of light she walked in to her car and drove away. Signing and waving farewell that night, she waved her hand out from the window car, sending a simple signal and HYOYEON immediately catch up the meaning – SOOYOUNG will call her back.

 

Wondering at exactly what had happened just now, HYOYEON stood frozen for few seconds trying to flashback event occurs right in front of her eyes – which she never expect this girl – SOOYOUNG – which she met few days ago would step this far, which she doubt to herself, how this lady could contact her since HYOYEON herself never give her number.

 

On the other hand, in the club:

 

Yoon      : Yul, I’m hungry.

 

Yuri        : Yah, I’m asking you just now whether you are hungry but what answer did I get from you? All you want to do is dancing.

 

Yoon      : Minhae! I’m too excited so I change my mind suddenly. Exhausting – my energy vanished and my tummy yelled for food. I’m starving.

 

Yuri        : Aish~ okay let’s go back to our table, Tiffany,Jessica are you coming too?

 

JeTi         : (Both shook their heads with a wide smile)

 

 

 

 

As requested by Yoona, YOONYUL walked back to the table. Before deciding food to order, both couplets realize the absentee of their friends, turning their head from left to right and asking among themselves.

 

Yoon      : Where is Hyoyeon and Taeyeon unnie? (Looking around)

 

Yuri        : I have no idea; maybe they went to the restroom.

 

Yoon      :  Yul, I’m hungry~~ (whined)

 

Yuri        : We should wait for them Yoong, don’t be a cry baby (giggles)

 

Yoon      : (Giggles) Arasso (she leaned her head on Yuri’s shoulder, waiting for them to come back)

 

 

 

 

It does not take a long time for them to wait one of the missing friend as HYOYEON finally entered the club again – which is a huge relief for YOONA –  and joined their party.

 

 Yoon      : Unnie where are you going just now?

 

Hyo        : Unnie again, I will not going to tell you (she stuck out her tongue towards YOONA)

 

Yoon      : Fine okay. Hyo just tell me.

 

Hyo        : Still I will not going to tell you. (laughing)

 

Yuri        : Stop arguing both you two Chodings. Now behave yourself because I’m afraid this kind of altitude will be a huge controversy in the news online tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

Suddenly JeTi popped out from nowhere and joined the rest of the girls.

 

Fany       : I agree with her.

 

Jessy      : Me too. (smiles)

 

Yoon       : Guys let’s just order food now, I’m hungry.

 

Jessy      : Wait for Taeyeon.

 

Hyo         : I will go looking for her.

 

Yoon       : Palli I’m hungry Hyo.

 

Hyo         : Neh~

 

 

 

 

As HYOYEON walked to the bar side, she found the short girl sit there. She thought to herself - Why is Tae sitting here? She never drinks that much before – as she looked her face blushing up to her ears.

 

Hyo      : Tango~

 

Tae      : (waves) over there

 

Hyo      : Why are you sitting here? Are you celebrating alone? (smiles)

 

Tae      : Ani, I just want to be alone for a moment.

 

Hyo      : Are you okay?

 

Tae      : Yes, I’m fine.

 

Hyo      : Then let’s go back to our table, Yoona is so hungry and even she could swallow us if I don’t go and get them fast.  

 

 

 

 

HYOYEON knew this specialty of hers when she gathering around with TAEYEON. She  never fail to make her laugh but this time TAEYEON didn’t respond as she always do, and almost all the time she only smiled – fake smile – and HYOYEON knew this girl refuse to tell her – maybe for the moment.

 

Yoon      : Since we all are here so what are we waiting for? Let’s order.

 

 

 

 

They ordered the food and enjoyed it together – chatting and teasing among the group. The night is getting late and with one voice they decided to go back home after eating. As what it seemed all the girls went back home – except this one.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------