Chapter 4

Heart can beat twice

 

CHAPTER 4

It was around 9 in the morning. For trainees in SM Company, it is a routine for dancing queen; HYOYEON available in the practicing room with YOONYUL even though in the time like this. The day for the show is around the corner – and their nervousness could not get rid even though lots of practices had been done since past few weeks. HYOYEON realize her role as the leader for the performance, she tried her best to chill out her friends.

Hyo      : (stretching both arms to the air) with all the preparation we made, I think we are ready for the show isn’t it girls? Is there anything that you want to ask regarding to the performance?

Yuri      :I just want to ask about our outfit, accessories and makeup. I mean do we need to prepare it as well?

Hyo      :I already met Mr. D just now. He said the company with set this up so there’s nothing to be worry about.

Yuri      :Great. I’m not trying to be over-confident here but – with all the preparation and non-stop practice I already set my mind. The first place is the most things that we need to achieve.

Yoona  :Yeah, me either.

Yuri      :Hey! What’s wrong Hyo?

Hyo      :Huh? Oh nothing, I’m just thinking the same thought too.  

Yoona  :So, what you think about the competition?

Hyo      :With our hard work and cooperation, I’m so sure that we can win the heart of the audience. Don’t lose your confidence instead prove to all the viewers that we can be the best and beat the rest. We can feel the sensation of music through dancing. That is what that we really want to show off.

Yoona  :I’m agreeing with you, unnie.

Hyo      :Yah! I’ve told you before, do not calling me unnie. I’m not too old for you to call that. Don’t differentiate the bond between us by calling me unnie. We’re friends, remember? Just call me Hyo.

Yoona  : (giggle) Sorry Hyo~ (YOONA called HYOYEON with jolly tune)

Hyo      :Arasso, look at the time. Do you want to continue practice? Just for a double-triple check up.

Yuri      :Nu uh.I should feed my Yoong, Hyo. She kept on whispering – I’m hungry Yuri. I’m feel I’m going to die – and she keeps on repeating

Yoona  : Yeah. I’m hungry. I could not grab a bite this morning because I’m quite late woke up this morning.

Hyo      :Well then if you say so. I will catch you both up later.

Yuri      :Are you not coming up with us, Hyo? Don’t tell me you want to put more move for yourself. Don’t overexert yourself, Hyo. Refill your tummy first.

Hyo      :No, it just that I’m not hungry.

Yuri      :Are you okay, Hyo? I mean you look pale, girl.

Hyo      :I’m fine; I had taken my breakfast before leaving.

Yuri      :I’m not talking about that, you seemed lost to somewhere else

Hyo      :I’m just thinking about tomorrow (lied)

Yoona  : What’s making you to go out for so long? (YOONA shouted behind the door of the practice room)Let’s go, Yuri. I’m hungry

Yuri      : Aish, I’m coming. (YURI turned her head to respond) Are you sure you’re not coming with us, Hyo?

Hyo     : Yes don’t worry, go now and feed your shikshin.

Yuri      :(giggle) Ok let’s go, Yoong.

Yoona  :Bye unnie (stick her tongue towards HYOYEON before walking out with YURI)

 

HYOYEON laughed as YOONYUL went out from the practicing room, leaving her behind – alone. HYOYEON the radio – her favourite song was played – but she remained static, laying down on the floor and placing both her arms under her head.

Hyo     :Why I kept remembering it? I should control myself even with both Yuri and Yoona just now.

Mr. D   :may I interrupted your resting moment and enter your dreamy world for the moment?

 

HYOYEON rose up from lying on the floor and bowed in front of her inspirational teacher. MR. D responded the greetings by touching her head and careless her hair, giving offer to her so that both them sit down and have a chat.

Mr. D   :Why are you here? I mean its breakfast time isn’t it? Don’t you think that you should regain your energy more for further practice?

Hyo     :I’m not hungry, teacher, besides I was planning to practice again after a short break.

Mr. D   :Just be careful and remind yourself do not push yourself. You should rest your body for tomorrow.

Hyo      :I’m so excited, teacher. Thank you for this opportunity.

Mr. D   :I am counting on you Hyoyeon.

Hyo      :I will do my best. With Yuriand Yoona’s help, I’m sure we will gain more attention after this.

Mr. D   :I hope so too, Hyoyeon.  Well I should leave you alone by now. Any problems feel free to ask, Hyoyeon. You know you can count on me.

Hyo     :All right, teacher. Thank you for your advice. (HYOYEON showed her respect by bowed to her mentor as he leaved the room and closed the door)

 

It was 1 in the after as TIFFANY and TAEYEON finished their classes together.  All of girls had planned their next set up after the practice. TIFFANY made her way to meet her friend while TAEYEON went to watch HYOYEON who was still in the practicing room while YOONYUL decided to rest at home after the whole day practice.

Even thoughTAEYEON entered the room exactly behind HYOYEON ,she did not realise her presence. Looking as this is the great chance for TAEYEON to put a prank towards the blonde girl, TAEYEON kept tip-toed to HYOYEON’s directionand then landed herself sitting beside her.

Hyo     :Omo, Tae, you’re scaring me.

Tae     : Sorry, Hyo. I just can’t take it. Your mouth was incredibly opened like this. (She imitates her)

Hyo     : You… never mind. Finished your class already?

Tae     :Yeah, Tiffany and I planned for the movie time right now. Come on, join us. The more we get together the merrier it will be. Don’t keep on saying ‘extra time’. You body are aching for entertainment and I could see it through your eyes.

Hyo     :What can I say? Neh, umma. (laughing)

Tae     :(laughing) 

 

TAEYEON raised herself from the floor and took out her hand, accepted by HYOYEON for her to get up. Their conversation was getting excited as they discussed about the movie that are going to be watched once they reached the cinema. While in the reception hall, HYOYEON realised the absence of her roommate seeing that both TIFFANYand TAEYEON attended for the same class together this morning.

Hyo     :Tae where’s Fany?

Tea     :She went to see her friend.

Hyo     :Should I text her about our plan?

Tae     :No, I will go and get her.

Hyo     :Okay, I will wait outside here.

Tae     :Okay.

 

TAEYEON make her way to the cafeteria, finding TIFFANY sitting on a table with another girl.  Wearing a red blouse with dark skinny jeans, she covered herself with and a white jacket. Her long dark brownish hazel hair really suits her style very well, with a side bang covered her milky forehead .TAEYEON went directly to the table and greet both them.

Fany    :Hey Taengoo, where is Hyoyeon?

Tae      :She’s waiting for us outside there. Sorry for interrupting your chat.

Fany    :Oh, there’s nothing to be apologize. Tae, meet my friend, Jessica.

Jessy   :Hi, I’m Jessica Jung. Nice to meet you.

Tae      :I’m Kim Taeyeon nice to meet you too.

Fany    :Tae, you know what? Jessy and I planned to go for the stage – I mean we’ll going to perform along with Hyoyeon tomorrow. It just that we will sing while she will dance – that of course.

Tae      :Omo really?

Fany    :Yeah isn’t it great? Jessy will be with us too - surprisingly she’s the only one who picked from the other group – I mean other class.

Tae      :That’s good news. Congratulation Jessica, welcome to the club.

Jessy   :Thanks, you too.

Fany    : We will have an extra practice together now, let see what will Jessicaprove to us, right Jessica?

Tae      :But I already planned for the movie with her right now. Should I cancel or should I forget the plan? Should I or shouldn’t I? Well, I guess maybe next time. Wait for a minute; I’m going to tell her right now.

HYOYEON picked up the call from TAEYEON after she felt a vibration inside her pocket. TAEYEON explained everything to HYOYEON– from the reason why she had to cancel the plan, meet new friend and planning for another practice to catch a glimpse of their new friend talent. HYOYEON understood seeing that the performance will be held tomorrow.

On the other hand, three friends were heading to the practice room. TIFFFANY and TAEYEON gave chance to their new friend to choose her favourite song – it just for her vocal test. JESSICA immediately went to the closet and took out one of the available song and showed it to both TAEYEON and TIFFANY.

Jessy   :What you think about this song? (showing the cover of the album to both TAEYEON and TIFFANY)

Fany    :Good one, I love it.

Jessy   :What you think, Taeyeon?

Tae      :This is a great song, but I don’t know. I don’t think this song…

Fany    :That’s means you agree, come on let’s start.

Jessy   :Wait, Fany,we should listen to her opinion too.   

Fany    :Believe me, Jessica. If Tae just not feeling great for the song, it’s a sign of win.

Jessy   :Why?

Fany    : Because she always says that in our class. Every time we want to start singing, everyone choose the same song for class. It’s a normal case for Tae. Come on, let’s just start to practice this one

Jessy   :Are you sure? You okay with it Taeyeon?

Tae      :You already heard the explanation from Miss Mushroom.

Jessy   :(giggle) Okay. Well then let’s play the song, Fany.

Fany    :Okay.

 

As the same time on the street, HYOYEON walked alone while placing her arms inside her hoodie jacket. Uninterested, unconcerned, she looked for the displayed clothes for every shopping mall that passed by, smiled alone as she passed by a group of teenage boys playing around among themselves. She was at the corner of her housing area, few more steps to reach her home when suddenly a figure came from nowhere and greet her with a simple word – Hi there.