Chapter 5

Heart can beat twice

 

CHAPTER 5

The sudden greeting really jolted HYOYEON– the voice is soft yet it done more than enough for HYOYEON to turned herself and defended herself – a set of ready punch are ready to be launched.

The girl : Chill out, girl. (grabbed both her hands and placed it closely on her chest)

Hyo       : Owhh…it’s you again.

The girl : Again? Are you that willing to meet me again? Should I go now? I feel like I’m coming in the wrong timing, I guess.

Hyo       :N-no. It just that I’m kind of surprise – I mean I’m very surprise to meet you again.

The girl : (looking to the watch) it’s 2:30 pm right now. Accept my offer to join me for lunch? You’re interesting girl from my first sight. Assume this is our first meet for getting each other very well.  

Hyo       : (Do I have to accept? Come on Hyo it just a lunch. It wouldn’t give you any harm. Grab this chance to know her better. Are you going to accept it, Hyo? ) Okay.

With the acceptance of the offer, the girl immediately walked out from the place, leaving HYOYEON alone – with puzzled face appeared with the action. A moment later a recognizable car stopped next to HYOYEON, then came out the girl and opened the car door for HYOYEON ,  offering her to sit on her car.

As the girl put on her focus in driving, HYOYEON on the other hand could not pause herself from thinking about why she acting weird like that and she kept taking glances at the girl.

HYOYEON stopped from hallucinating as the car stopped by in front of Chinese restaurant. As both them walked into the restaurant, HYOYEON giving signs by pointing at the corner of the building – facing the transparent wall glass that could observe the altitude of Korean citizen from their seat.

The girl : Sorry, my dear. My instinct dragged me into this restaurant. Maybe she wants to try something foreign yet not too expensive I guess.

Hyo       : It’s okay, instead you got great taste. I like Chinese food too.    

The girl : Wow me too, have you been there – I mean going to China?

Hyo       :Yeah, for study purposes – two years.

The girl : I see. I went there once but with other reason. I went study in Japan.

Hyo       :Wow! It’s a long way to go. Don’t you ever miss your parents?

The girl : I’d lost my parents since I was young. It was my uncle – my main backbone – who supports my study. Now, thanks to him too I got opportunity to work in his company right here in Seoul. For the moment, collaborated with my friends, we are undergoing a small project. One thing for sure – hope the project will be success.

Hyo       : I’m sorry about your parents. I didn’t mean to…   

The girl : Nah, it’s okay. There’s nothing to make an apology.

 

A moment later, a waitress cam approached their table and recommended the best dish available in the restaurant. Without think twice, the girl nodded – accept the offer and smiled. The waitress bowed and walked away from there. As HYOYEON watched the waitress giving the order to the cashier, the girl continued her story of life.

The girl : What can I do once people talked about parents? Crying is all that I could do. But then I realized this could be my inspire to keep on going with my life and trying my best to achieve my dreams. Let’s stop here for a while; it is my time to know you better. I mean how about you? 

Hyo       : I come from Incheon, living with my parents and I’m the only child in my family. Nowadays, I rarely see them because I have to focus in my dream – to be a famous dancer. I’m a trainee in SM Company. Tough life but I’m getting used of it. 

The girl :Well, I know that you are a great dancer in the company.

Hyo       :Huh? How did you know that?

The girl : That’s not all I can tell you more about yourself – your recent activity.

Hyo       :But we did not introduce ourselves yet, right? I mean I didn’t know your name and so do you.

The girl :We didn’t?

Hyo       :It’s not funny (Hyoyeon start to lose her temper for the answer)

The girl :Calm down, the truth is that I have lots of friends from SM. Besides I live at the corner of the road. You know, somewhere around the street that we met for the first time. I bet you realize how spooky the street was – is but you’re sacrifice yourself by getting through the road.

 

With the pop of the eye, HYOYEON suddenly remembered the unintended kiss that received that night. She tried her best to cover how eager she was to receive it more. Her face starting to blush as the waitress came back again, getting closer to their table and brought the meal both they chose a short time ago.

The waiter      : Enjoy your meal

The girl& Hyo : Thanks

The awkward atmosphere started to fill the space as both them placed their focused on their meal. HYOYEON kept on digging what should she do –ask next. This pin-dropped atmosphere is killing her.Owwhhh…HYOYEON smiled, I did not ask her name yet.

Hyo     : Can I know your name?

Soo     : Choi Sooyoung (smile)

HYOYEON wanted to ask her all the questions in her mind, for those who knew HYOYEON well, she’s always talkative in conversation but she don’t know why – she hardly breathe maybe because the girl is too straightforward – no covering at all. Her appearance almost resembles HYOYEON’s“prince charming” she was tall, tanned skin, skinny body and pretty. Her hair was tied in ponytail style. She was wearing white t shirt with a vest, along with black jeans and Converse shoes.  Once again vibration could be heard along with the beep sound from HYOYEON’s pocket.

Hyo     : It’s my phone

HYOYEON paused herself from continue eating and pressed the button of the phone, open up the incoming message. 

(When I told you that you’re free, that doesn’t mean for you to fly away, where are you??)

(I didn’t fly away too far away from here. Hey, why are you come home early? I thought you need more time for practice. )

(EARLLY?? Its 5:00pm, okay Hyoyeon? Three hours had passed since our last message. Don’t tell me that you’re mad because I had to cancel our plan.)

(Omo, I didn’t felt the time. I will be home soon so don’t worry)

(Arasso. Tiffany had made dinner for us and she asks me to wait for you. Hurry Hyo, I’m starving.)

Hyo      :Ottoke?

Soo      :Why? Is anything wrong?

Hyo      :Aniyo, sorry but I had to go home now. My friends are waiting for me at home.

Soo      : okay well then let me send you home.

SOOYOUNG called the waitress and gave her money and told her to keep the remaining – and accept it as her tip. HYOYEON could not stop herself from staring at SOOYOUNG . Even though SOOYOUNG walked first as they leaved the restaurant, she did not forget to open the door for her, whether in the restaurant or on her car. A few minutes passed, at last the driving car stopped next to HYOYEON’s house and once again SOOYOUNG came out first from her car and opened the door next t HYOEYON , allowed the blond girl to come out from her car. With full of gentle SOOYOUNG bowed almost 90o in front of HYOYEON.

Soo      : Once again, Hyoyeonthanks for accepting my offer.

Hyo      : Thank you for the lunch too – I mean between lunch and evening meal – it’s quite late to call it lunch since we started our meal before 3pm.

Soo      : It was my pleasure, you should go inside now. The day is getting late.

SOOYOUNG left HYOYEON behind as she walked to her car and waved without turning her head forward. Out of the blue HYOYEON suddenly remembered the jacket that SOOYOUNG gave that night but what can she do? The car already moved until it disappeared from her sight. With full of high spirit, HYOYEON opened the front door and greeted her roommates.

Hyo      : I’m back.

Fany    : Welcome back, I have great news, Hyo.

Hyo      : What is it?

Fany    : We will be on the same show tomorrow and I will be The MC along with Yuriat the beginning of the show.

Hyo      : Oh yes, congratulations, Fany.

Fany    : I knew it, of course Taeyeontold you first and foremost, right?

Hyo      : Yes she did, why?

Fany    : It is easy to figure it out. Your expression is died and that’s means you know it before. Taeyeon should shut and let me be the one who tell you. That girl…

Hyo      : (laughing) Come on Fanyit doesn’t matter who’s the one who tell me the news. It doesn’t change anything – the news is remaining the same. My roommates will perform tomorrow showing their powerful voice and you’ll be MC. I’m really happy for you. Where is Tae?

Fany    :She’s in her room; tell me where you were all that time?

Hyo      :While you two were in practice?

Fany    :Yeah, that’s for sure. Come on; don’t tell me that you’re mad of us ?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Sorry about the ending of this chapter ^__^