Chapter 1

Heart can beat twice

 

CHAPTER 1

It was around seven in the morning, pure and beautiful atmosphere prevails in the city, alarming the people in the city to start their new day. The long wavy blonde hair girl woke up as she felt the air breeze from the window blowing through the room. HYOYEON come to her life from her dreamy world and went for her refreshing morning shower. In the mean time, TAEYEON was already in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for all the girls living in the house including her. The front door opened, a smiling-eyed TIFFANY appeared behind the door as she came back from her regular invigorating morning exercise. She could smelt the aroma of cooking, walk to the kitchen and helps TAEYEON. At the same time HYOYEON came out from her shower, dressing herself with comfortable outfit - baby blue t-shirt with white track suit and walked downstairs to help her roommates as she heard those recognizable voices even from her second floor room.

Hyo      : Morning girls!

Fany    : Morning Hyo!

Tae      : Morning Hyo, when will your class start?

Hyo       :9:00 am.

Tae      :Cool, let’s have breakfast together. We prepare extra for you this morning.

Fany    :Good idea! We have classes in the same time today. Taeyeon and I got first class at 9 too.

Hyo      :Thank you. It’s my pleasure.

Tae      :What are we waiting for? Let’s eat!

Three girls planned to sit together in the dining room while watching morning news in KBSS. TAEYEON had prepared the girls their favourites – Tiffany with her fascinated American breakfast while Hyoyeon prefers Chinese style more. Nowadays TAEYEON is more than experts about her roommate’s taste, especially HYOYEON since she met her earlier before TIFFANY became one of her occupants in the house.

(FLASHBACK)

SM Company announced that they will choose new trainees from all categories in the company – dancing, singing and acting with the new agenda: forming a new group – or could be new groups - for both genders – men and women.TAEYEON was one of the senior trainees in SM Company, one of the talented trainees as she attended all classes but her lifetime dream is remain the same – to be a well-known singer. In the same day, she was expecting a call from her new roommate, confirming about the time she will come to her house since she was informed earlier by her manager.

(Ring ring)      

Tae      :Hello! Can I know who this is?

Hyo      :Hello! I’m Hyoyeon, your new roommate

Tae      :Oh! Hi I was waiting for your call, when you will arrive?

Hyo      :I will arrive tomorrow at 2:00 pm

Tae      :Great I will wait for you in the airport by tomorrow. 

Hyo      :Ok thanks. That’s all bye.

Tae      :Bye

HYOYEON already saw TAEYEON– once before she went back to Incheon for attending farewell party with her family and friends. She got appalling impression of TAEYEON – she looks a little tough, not even-tempered and barely smiles.

Two weeks passed since her new day in the house - HYOYEON was officially a new roommate of TAEYEON, but still both of them still felt so awkward with each other – whether they are eating together or in the time they are watching TV. For all time HYOYEON be the one who make the silent kill lessen by telling joke or showing TAEYEON her crazy dancing steps. They took about one month to overcome this awkwardness, and thankfully they became so close with each other, until TAEYEON could felt about HYOYEON as she is her guardian angel, seeing that HYOYEON always cared about TAEYEON- protect her, help her in everything. After another month passed, both them was informed that another trainee will become part of the occupant in the house. With full of exultant, both them waited for their new roommate to come.

(Knock knock) TAEYEON opened and their roommate appeared with lots of pink stuffs including her outfit and baggage.

Fany    :Hi, I’m Tiffany Hwang, your new roommate.

Tae      :Hi, I’m Taeyeon, welcome to the house.

Hyo      :Hi, I’m Hyoyeon, nice to meet you. Glad that you will be our new roommate.

Fany    : Me too. Thank you for you warm welcoming.

TIFFANY carried her luggage with the help of her new friends into her room. It was been two weeks passes since her first day in the house. Even though her Korean was still weak since she came from USA but she admit her way of speaking was slightly improving with the help of TAEYEON and HYOYEON. She felt uncomfortable as she could not adapt to the new environment, but HYOYEON, the mood maker, always helped her to get rid of the feelings.

 

It have been two years passed since those out of the depth moment. The atmosphere are getting better as they could go together to the company every day, HYOYEON to her obsessed dance class and bothTAEYEON and TIFFANY to the music class and also acting class. After class they went hang around together and shared their dead beat lessons. Even thought TAEYEON preferred to be alone – spend most of the time in the practicing room singing by herself but she also considered lying around with HYOYEON and TIFFANY sometimes.

 (END OF FLASHBACK) 

 

Tae       :How’s the food?

Hyo       :Of course it’s delicious as usual, I could take lots of time to cook one (Hyo teased) 

Fany     : (giggle) Yes sure Hyo it’s delicious

Tae       :Yah, u two pabooyah, I’m the one who took the time and effort in preparing that food. 

They giggled only by looking at TAEYEON respond. All of the sudden TAEYEON remembered about their past time together, how they were always feel awkward and all those stuff. Her lips appeared with the smile on her face, leaving a questionable response from HYOYEON andTIFFANY.

Fany     :Hey. What’s so funny?

Tae       :I suddenly remembered our past that’s all.

Hyo       :Oh! Yep those awkwardness, I even can’t swallow my food correctly. (giggled)

Tae      :And the day Tiffanycame to the house, she could not stop smiling and talking with her high pitch voice, (Hi I’m Tiffany Hwang, TAEYEON imitate TIFFANY’S voice)

Fany    :(giggle) I was so nervous, you know? You should take a look at your face that time. Man, I felt like a offenders.

TIFFANY turned her head and looked to HYOYEON 

Fany    :You know Hyo,I should say thank you from the start. You always make me laugh and throw away my shyness and doubtful thoughts.

Hyo     : You’re always welcome, I have to thank you too because you help me in improving my English, and in singing too.

Fany    :You’re welcome.

Hyo     :Hey, don’t forget about our ajumma too (she refers to TAEYEON) because she always giving her helping hands in everything, specially food (giggle)

Fany    :You’re right, Hyo.

Tae      :I should thank you to both you either, you know that I’m very weak in expressing my feelings, but I’m really happy having both you in my life, you’re my family since my first day apart from my parents. It is my honour to care about you and for sure, be on your side for ever and a day.

After showing their gratitude towards each other, these best friends having their breakfast thanks to TAEYEON’s hard work and happily went to SM Company.