Chapter 9

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

As dinner time slowly approaches, it is pretty clear that the boys are starting to get nervous, probably because dinner time means that they’re going to eat on one table with my father who probably intimidate them as soon as they met.

“Gosh, Eun Ri. Can I borrow your pajama if I pee myself? I don’t think I can handle the tension from your Papa’s eyes.” Se Hun said, which completely cracks me up.

I shake my head from side to side, not understanding the immense fear Se Hun is feeling, because honestly, I think he overreact for real, maybe he’s just pretending to be funny. “Believe it or not, my father is actually really nice and friendly, and no, I’m not joking. It’s kind of my fault that he acted that way earlier, since, well…” I look up, I know I shouldn’t feel this way, but somehow, I feel guilty, “I never really talk about you guys in front of my parents, so they might be shocked, this is my first time bringing my friends over. So, just bear with it, okay? When my mom is around, she will lift the mood up, so don’t worry, really.” I smile and pat Se Hun at his shoulder.

With my little encouragement, Se Hun finally lifts his head up and nods, “Yeah, since we’re best friend, eventually we will get through this. The faster, the better.” He grins and drapes his long limbs around my shoulder.

The others doesn’t seem as affected as Se Hun is, so I think they’re going to be fine, I believe none of them will spurt out something stupid (though I’m keeping a close look to the one and only Park Chanyeol at that specific trait).

 

 

Eun Ri is my kind of perfect girl. She’s like the perfect bowl of mixture of every good traits available in the world. She’s kind, smart, pretty, hard-working, but also witty and not overly kind that others can step over her, she can standup for herself and is independent.

I always wonder where she got those good traits from, now that I already visited the environment she lives in every single day. I understand where she got such nice attitude from. It’s obviously from her parents. The look very harmonious that it kind of hurts.

I’m jealous. This is a weird case of jealousy, because I’m jealous of the girl I like. Because she has such a nice family, such a supportive one, such a loving one, such a harmonious one.

I am undeniably jealous of Song Eun Ri.

 

 

 

“So which one of you that is my daughter’s boyfriend?” Eun Ri’s mom asked bluntly, trying to melt the stiffness and awkwardness in the air (which was caused by her husband), however, this one question caused mixed reaction.

Chanyeol, Su Ho, Kai, Se Hun and Kyungsoo of course, felt that the situation has melted because of their jokes, but on the other hand. Baekhyun and Eun Ri grew even quieter than before.

“I have no boyfriend, mom.” Eun Ri mumbled as she nervously swirl the aglio olio her mom cooked for them.

Letting out a motherly smile, her mom just nodded at her answer, though she clearly see a special atmosphere between that guy named Baekhyun whenever they were looking at each other. It reminded her at old days when she met her husband.

“Of course, none of this guy met my expectation, none of you shall pass as my daughter’s boyfriend.” Her father snorted and glared at all of them.

Goodness God this husband of mine… rolling her eyes at her own husband’s childish behavior. “Just ignore him, young gentlemen, just eat comfortably and ignore his presence.”

“Honey!!”

 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe that we’re going to school in a week.” Se Hun sighs deeply and heavily, with his shoulders slumping in such way that expresses how disappointed he is with the current situation.

Well, I can’t blame him, for the very first time, I think the holiday given is not enough, probably because I have friends to have fun with this holiday, that time flies so fast, and I’m sure that I don’t want this time to end. But obviously, nothing last forever, and so does holiday.

And for the first time in my life (probably) I agree with Oh Se Hun. I can’t believe that, too. Months feel like minutes with them around. Good thing that I still have months to be together with them before we get separated because of uni.

Nods of agreement go like domino, seems like me and Se Hun are not the only one feeling that way. “Yeah. Oh God I’m not ready to face the crap school will give this semester.” Kai groans and scrunches his face in displease, “It means I have less time to dance. Damn school.” He pouts.

I chuckle at him, Kai is probably the laziest out of the bunch, seriously, he’s really lazy in term of any school thing, but when it comes to dancing, he becomes an entire different person that I don’t know. He’s really passionate every time he talks about it. And… he looks super attractive whenever that time comes.

I have a thing for guy who have something that he’s really passionate about, maybe someone who likes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter