Chapter 7

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

You’re beautiful no matter what to me.

“Hey.”

Eun Ri immediately jolted up when she heard Baekhyun’s voice, “Oh-h-hey.” She tripped over her words without her wanting it, resulting an even more embarrassing event, which is her face heating up just like a boiler.

Smiling over her reaction, Baekhyun chuckled and patted her head, “What’s that? It’s not like you to stutter like that.”

It’s because of you, you idiot Byun. Eun Ri thought as she looked away from him, hiding her blushing face from everyone to see. Gosh this is too much, how can he act normally like that? He’s a player after all, of course he will act normal.

Wrong, Song Eun Ri. One hundred percent wrong.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes sparkled as he saw his friend, Byun Baekhyun making such a strong move as sending her such affectionate message, though Baekhyun didn’t intend to send ‘such affectionate message’ like what Chanyeol described. He was just being honest and told her his honest opinion. Because it was true. Eun Ri was always beautiful to him, of course she wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but she was definitely his.

“Gosh, Byun Baekhyun. And I’m such an idiot to believe that you don’t know how to flirt.” Chanyeol shook his head in disbelief. “She must’ve been dying because of your text-“

“No, she didn’t reply to me.”

“What?”

 

“No, she didn’t reply to me.”

“What?”

What? Seriously Song Eun Ri. I’m sure that you’re not an easy girl but come on, that text message is a pretty big blow, not to mention that it’s from one of the school’s prince, Byun Baekhyun.

I can’t be quite on this matter anymore.

It’s time for me, the master of match-making to step in.

 

 

 

“Yah, Eun Ri. Can I talk to you for a bit?” Chanyeol asked quietly, making sure no one notices the two of them whispering to each other suspiciously. Baekhyun was in the toilet in that moment, so it was safe for him, since the only fool who fell in love with Eun Ri was only Baekhyun, he was the only one who keeps his eyes on her (even though not so obvious).

“Sure.” Eun Ri answered, not detecting anything from the suspicious aura that Chanyeol obviously emitted. With her single word answer, Chanyeol quickly stood up and excused the two of them to talk on a less noisy place.

Finding it hard to open the topic, Chanyeol fidgeted on her feet, contemplating on how he should talk to Eun Ri about his love-struck friend, Byun Baekhyun. “What is it, Yeol? You seem really troubled. Is there anything I can help you with?”

“Well, Eun Ri. Don’t tell anyone that I’m telling you this, okay? Keep this a secret, especially from Baekhyun.”

 

 

 

“Seriously, Baek. Your house and mine are miles apart. You don’t have to take me home. I bring a scissor with me, you don’t need to worry.” I say as Baekhyun once again insists on taking me home.

He looks my way and grin playfully, “If you feel bad, why don’t you let me sleepover yours?” Good thing that he’s being his playful and mischievous self, which made the awkward atmosphere between us to melt a bit. “Are you crazy? You’re seriously asking for a hit.”

 “I read your text messages in accident a few days ago. What do you think about Baekhyun sending those messages to you?”

“Probably because he’s just playing with me, right? He’s a womanizer after all.”

“Eun Ri. Listen to me. Baekhyun had never had a girlfriend, and no, I’m not lying, I’m telling you the truth. He’s the biggest idiot amongst the six of us in term of ‘love’. Believe me, handsome face doesn’t mean he’s experienced about those stuff.”

Today, I just learned about Baekhyun a little, now to think about it, I almost don’t know anything about him, though we spend time a lot. “Yah, Byun Baek.”

“Hmm?”

I look up with a smile gracing my lips, “Say… Do you have a girlfriend before?”

There is a moment of silence before he finally answers, “Despite of my reputation of being the ‘bad boy’. No, I never had one.”

I hummed in response, well that’s kind of true, never once in my eyes, he done something as low as playing someone’s feelings, though obviously, those girls seem to don’t mind even if he’s just playing with them. But he never did any of those horrible things and ignores them bluntly.

“Therefore, I’m saying this in case you’re blind about it, too. Obviously, there must be a push-factor that he can suddenly send you these messages. I know I’m butting in too much. But this is the first time that Baekhyun actually is comfortable with a girl. I don’t know if he likes you or not, but obviously you hold a special place in his heart.”

“So please, before things got too out of hand, if you really don’t have even a little bit of feeling for him.”

“Please just ignore him just as it is now.”

“Chanyeol is a good guy, isn’t he?” I laugh, going that far to protect his friend’s feelings, such an admirable thing to do. “I envy you for having such a good friend like him.”

“Though he likes to annoy me sometimes, yeah you’re right,” Baekhyun looks at me and smiles, “He’s a good guy.” His eyes suddenly widen, as if he just remembers something, “Oh talking about him, what did the two of you talk about earlier? Why did you suddenly disappear like that?”

“Oh we have arrived.” I quickly change the topic, “You should go now, its dark already.” I smile and wave. “Bye Baekhyun!”

“Leaving without answering… That girl…” Baekhyun pursed his lips to the side. As he’s just turning around to leave, his phone rang noisily inside of his pocket.

He looked at the caller and a smile quickly graced his previous annoyed face, “What is it, Eun Ri?”

“I was expecting that you mistaken me for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter