Chapter 5

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

“Mom, I’m going to my friend’s house today. We’re going to have BBQ as the menu. Can I eat it?”

Eun Ri’s mom was beyond surprised, not because she asked to eat BBQ, but because she actually wanted to hang out with her friends, Eun Ri was one independent girl, she never really had best friend before, just friend, but that was it. Not to the extent that they would hang out together or tell stories to each other. Just talking when necessary.

But Eun Ri mistook her mom’s silence as an anger, in which, she quickly added, “I can bring my own meal if it’s not allowed. I can bring salad there. I won’t cheat, I promise.”

With that statement, the older woman finally cracked a smile, “Eun Ri honey, I’m trying to help you to diet, not to torture you, well maybe sometimes my method can be a little bit torturing. But, yeah, of course you can, just don’t eat overly, okay? Make sure you drink lots of water after.”

She saw how her daughter’s face brightened, and that was enough to make her smile, too.

“Thanks mom! You’re the best!”

 

 

 

“Hey guys! Oh Baekhyun, what the hell is wrong with your hair? Do you get splashed by oil or some sort?” Eun Ri blinked in shock, never ever in her life she saw such gruesome hair. It looks like the producer of oil.

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped instantly, “Eun Ri, don’t you know this trend right now? This is called slicked-back-gentleman hairstyle! And I use pomade, not oil!” He quickly denied the wrong statement, feeling a little bit hurt since he took extra effort to look nice.

But it failed.

Failed miserably.

“It looks disgusting honestly, seems like you don’t wash your hair for a year.” Eun Ri rolled her eyes and faked a shudder to emphasize that that hairstyle Byun Baekhyun was wearing was nothing near good.

“Di-di-di…” Disgusting…?

Gotta rinse these pomade right now.

 

 

 

 

“Except that it’s really important, I’m staying home this holiday.” Eun Ri shrugged, “I already get the permission to go to your gigs and concert anyway, so tell me the exact dates, okay?”

Se Hun pouted and looked at Eun Ri curiosity, it was holiday, no homework, no assignment, well there was a project that they were currently handling but still it honestly didn’t take the whole three months of their holiday. “Why are you so busy? Is it because we’re not fun to hang out with?”

Rolling her eyes, Eun Ri smacked Se Hun’s head lightly, “It’s not because of that, you idiot. If you’re not fun to be with, I’ll not be here right now.” She explained, “I’m determined to lose weight during this holiday, so I want to focus on that first, after my goal is finally achieve, after that I can have fun again.”

Frowning, Kai shook his head, “Seriously, Eun Ri? Is it because of Hyun Ju? Don’t listen to nonsense she said, she’s crazy. If you’re happy with the way you look now, nothing else matters.”

Eun Ri chuckled at Kai, he was so innocent that it hurts her a little, “Sadly Kai, not everyone thinks like you. And honestly,” she sighed, “I’m tired to be made fun of. I pretend that I don’t care, but at the end of the day, their words affect me, even if it’s just a little. I’m tired of that, and I want to change.”

“Wanna go to the gym with me? I haven’t gone in a while because of that stupid exam.” Chanyeol offered.

“Right! Let’s make a project to be fit this holiday, I miss my abs.” Su Ho laughed as he touched his tummy, where his abs used to lay back then.

Clearing his throat, Kai lifted his shirt to reveal the six pack he had, “Don’t be jealous.” He laughed evilly at the older boy.

Eun Ri laughed, “Do you want to come over once in a while? I have a gym at my house.”

“The , Eun Ri. Are you living in a house or a mall?”

“I have a pool, too. Surprise?”

“Is that a house or a hotel?”

“Love hotel.” Se Hun whistled.

“Yah Oh Se Hun do you want to get hit?”

 

 

 

 

“Eun Ri come on.” My mom looks at me with a poker face on, my mom is such a sweet mother, but when she becomes my personal trainer, I guess not, the sweetness she has is wiped out completely from her, “If you don’t get up in the count of three, I’m gonna add another round today.”

NOOOOOOOO. I scream mentally, because I have no energy left to even say a word by now. Goodness God. Help me finish this training. I grit my teeth and start catching up my breath before finally doing my last five sit-ups for today. “Okay good. Ten minutes break!” My mom said as she placed the timer on the table with ten minutes counting down. Oh how I want to break that piece of metal. “Lay down and breath, Eun Ri. We’re doing the thigh routine after this.”

Ah …

 

 

 

“Three… Two… And… One.”

FINALLY. FINALLY. OH MY GOD.

“Good, walk on the treadmill for ten minutes. Cool down, take a bath while I prepare dinner for you. Today is Sunday, I’m giving you a special menu for today.” Mom winks at me which makes me smile, the sweet mom is back. “Take your time taking your bath, Eun Ri! Mom is making a feast today!”

I heard her voice as I go up to my room. My room has been quite dark lately, it’s probably because mom covers all mirrors in my room, she doesn’t want me to see myself until everything is finished. She even covers the windows, because she is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter