Chapter 20

From an Ugly (FAT) Duckling into a Beautiful (SLIM) Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20

“YOU’RE DEAD KRIS!!!!! YOU’RE SO DEAD!! FEEL MY WRATH!!!!” Eun Ri shouted loudly as she started shooting the snowballs she had created. “EAT THIS YOU FACE!!!!”

“HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO ME YOUR LOVELY COUSIN!! YAH!! STOP RIGHT THERE!!! STOP!! YAH!!!!” Kris yelled, overwhelmed by the snowballs thrown at him, because of his tall figure, he couldn’t hide behind the shield he built, a huge advantage for Eun Ri as his enemy.

After a few minutes of war (whereas from the start, it was obvious who would win in the end) “FINE FINE I SURRENDER!! STOP IT!!! STOP THROWING ME!!!!!!!!!”

With a triumphant look plastered on her face, Eun Ri ran up to Kris and jumped to his back, a gesture Kris was already familiar of. Whenever they had competitions (usually Eun Ri always win) she always asks for a piggy back ride.

“Don’t be so proud over this, since clearly I was doing it in purpose for you.” Kris mumbled, although honestly, he didn’t really care, he did for the sole purpose of trying to keep her distance with his number one cousin close. So whether he wins or not, it wasn’t a problem at all. He would never tell anyone though.

A scoff escaped Eun Ri’s mouth as soon as he heard him, “Yah, behave like a real man and admit it when you lose. So unmanly!” She teased and hit him on the shoulder playfully.

“Tch, oh Eun Ri, by the way.” Kris called out, remembering a joke he heard before, “You know the definition of perfection? Say the first word I said.”

Rolling her eyes at his pathetic attempt of humor, she answered, “The first word I said.”

“Yah, the first word I said. Say it.”

“It.”

“Oh come on, Kris. I told you, stop with that joke already. It’s so lame!” Lu Han shook his head as he aimed for Chanyeol’s head.

“It’s not lame! Damn it, I’m perfect!”

“Okay then, Kris. I can make you say ‘Eun Ri is beautiful’.” Eun Ri said, making Lu Han cringing at her, “Oh come on, meimei. One lame comedian is enough!”

Kris ignored Lu Han and looked at Eun Ri through his shoulder, “You know you can’t, and I won’t.”

Shrugging her shoulder nonchalantly, “Let’s see, well, what do you think of me then?”

“You’re annoying.”

Laughing like how villains do in films, Eun Ri hugged him tighter, “See!! I said I can make you say that!!”

Dropping her legs, Eun Ri almost toppled and fell to the ground, but thanks to her fast reflex, the embarrassing scene didn’t happen. Kris narrowed his eyebrows and chortled, “What the heck, I said you’re annoying, not, ‘Eun Ri is beautiful’—“

Kris came to a realization that Eun Ri had succeed on fooling him as he saw that winning smirk starting to show on her face.

She grinned widely and flipped her hair as she turned around. “And that’s how it’s done, .”

 

 

 

 

The dreadful time has come.

I usually enjoy this time of the day the most. But today is different.

Because today I’ll not be the only one enjoying the comfortable bed.

I’ll be together with Baekhyun.

Well I admit, not that I don’t like it, I mean, he’s my boyfriend, and I like him close. But it somehow makes me nervous, like, I’m afraid I might suddenly smell or something. Even though it’s true, sleeping on the same bed with guy, this is not the first time. However, it’s Baekhyun. It’s Baekhyun.

A man who can cause all kinds of reaction towards me. I mean, I can almost go crazy when he looks me in the eyes.

I take a deep breath before taking one last glance at myself in the mirror. You can do it, Song Eun Ri. You can survive tonight!! Yes!!! You can!! I chant inwardly. I grab the handle of the bathroom door and stop.

Should I put some lip gloss on? I blink before shaking my head vigorously, what the heck Song Eun Ri! You’re just going to sleep what that lip gloss is for!!

But maybe just a tiny little dab on the lips will be fine, won’t it??

 

 

 

 

I wonder what takes her so long inside. Baekhyun thought, looking to the bathroom door, I mean, even in her house, it never took her more than twenty minutes to finish. He pressed a button on his phone to see the clock, it has been over thirty minutes.

Or did she pass out? He wondered, negative thoughts started to appear in his mind, he took cautious step towards the bathroom, and raised his hand to give the door a knock. But before he did, the door was already opened, revealing Eun Ri.

Both startled, Baekhyun quickly explained what he was doing, since he might looked like a peeping ert, “Uhm, I just want to make sure you’re alright since you’re taking so long.”

“Oh, uhm, well it’s cold, so I want to enjoy the hot water a little bit more. Sorry.” Eun Ri reasoned out, although that wasn’t the case.

Nodding his head, Baekhyun smiled, “Yeah, it’s cold, isn’t it?” Baekhyun crunched his face, agreeing to her. He looked at her flushed face, probably because of the weather, and his eyes averted to her lips, he tilted his head, Eun Ri is wearing lip gloss?

And right at that moment, Baekhyun figured out what Eun Ri might be thinking and feeling.

And he decided to about it. I mean, it was so rare to see Eun Ri actually care about her appearance in front of him. And plus, from her stiffness, it was clear to see how nervous she was.

“It’s cold.” He repeated and sat on the bed. Smiling slyly, he spread both of his arms wide, “Come and warm me up.”

 

 

 

“Come and warm me up.”

And at that moment, Eun Ri almost lost her consciousness, she literally stayed frozen on her spot. “Ri? Come on, warm me up.” Baekhyun said once more. Awakening Eun Ri from her little daydream.

However, although she was already totally aware of what he said, she still couldn’t move an inch from the place she was standing. “Okay, okay, I’ll go there since I’m the man.”

He stood up and went to her, and in a blink of an eye, he carried her, scooping her into his arms.

What?? What is happening? Why am I in Baek’s arms??? Who am I?? Why am I here?? Aish! I’m losing my mind oh my goodness my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter